Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: LEGO Education Doors, Windows & Roof Tiles Set 4587438 (278 Pieces)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on December 21, 2010
For building houses this was a great set. Since LEGO now has the Pick-a-Brick area, you can order these items separately ([...]).

Alternatively, there is a doors and windows set available (model 6117), and a roof tiles set (model 6119). You could also go for an actual house set. The Apple Tree House is model 5891 and is available, and the Beach House and the Family Home sets are also available from some sellers, although are currently sold out on the LEGO site.
on January 3, 2014
We love Legos but there never seems to be enough! These education packs are wonderful. They are allowing us to get a bulk volume of Legos without the "fancy packaging." We can now build the "dream home" and not run out of windows. (Love it!)
on February 2, 2014
My kids started using my old bins of Lego a couple of years ago. Despite being almost 40 years old, the bricks are mostly fine but the roof pieces and windows had become quite brittle, and many of those pieces broke when the kids started building with them. I've bought some sets of additional bricks over the last couple of years, mostly on the cheap and often used, but when I looked for extra doors and roof parts, this set seemed to be the best option. I hesitated a bit on the price, but one day a month or so before Christmas I saw that the kids had built what looked like a prison cell with one tiny window for one of their little dolls and felt kind of bad about it. Santa to the rescue.
on July 2, 2013
Great set. Pricey, but that's the way it goes with Legos these days. My 4 year old grandson has spent hours, he's spent days playing with this set plus one of the educational sets I got for him. If you're looking for a Lego set that you can't seem to find type in 'educational Legos' in the search bar. I found several sets that weren't coming up on the regular Amazon offering page.
on January 8, 2014
The education sets of Legos are fabulous!! No they do not come in a fancy container, but WHO CARES! You get more Legos for less money this way. My kids were always fighting over the doors, windows, etc this solved my problem.
on January 13, 2014
The grandkids spent hours building doors and windows and combinations. Their buildings now have more windows and doors than walls! Love anything that they can play with for hours without arguing with each other - plenty to go around.
on January 23, 2013
Now me and my daughter can build houses with decent roofs, doors and windows.
I knew a box would not be enough so I ordered 2.
We have more than we need but better to have excess than need more parts during a build.
on December 26, 2014
This gift was given to my grandsons & their Daddy for Christmas to go along with their already LARGE LEGO collection and the LEGO book I gave all of them for Christmas.

It seems they have been given numerous sets by ourselves & others for birthdays & Christmas. Grandma was looking for new ideas for LEGOs when I came across these (and the wheel/car set) on Amazon.

After I ordered them I talked to their Mom about it. She said they would LOVE this and it would not only help them create more items, but stop a lot of fights over the few doors/windows they still have.

My grandsons didn't even know you could order pieces such as this. They are only used to seeing the sets sold on store shelves. They thought Grandma was sooooo smart & were truly excited with the possibilities!

HIGHLY RECOMMEND this set!!!
on April 14, 2014
I didn't want a kit for my son. I just wanted the random pieces of legos like those of my childhood. These are perfect go to with a starter set. We build houses, schools, doghouses, etc. for my son's lego men all the time now.
on December 31, 2012
This is exactly as described. You get many white doors and windows with white frames, black doors and windows with black frames, and yellow doors and windows with red frames. There are also some red, black and white simple block windows.
We've been using the shutters as old-west doorways and horse stall doors.
The roof tiles are something that no other set gives enough of.
Very good.