Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on December 21, 2010
For building houses this was a great set. Since LEGO now has the Pick-a-Brick area, you can order these items separately ([...]).

Alternatively, there is a doors and windows set available (model 6117), and a roof tiles set (model 6119). You could also go for an actual house set. The Apple Tree House is model 5891 and is available, and the Beach House and the Family Home sets are also available from some sellers, although are currently sold out on the LEGO site.
0Comment38 of 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 2, 2014
My kids started using my old bins of Lego a couple of years ago. Despite being almost 40 years old, the bricks are mostly fine but the roof pieces and windows had become quite brittle, and many of those pieces broke when the kids started building with them. I've bought some sets of additional bricks over the last couple of years, mostly on the cheap and often used, but when I looked for extra doors and roof parts, this set seemed to be the best option. I hesitated a bit on the price, but one day a month or so before Christmas I saw that the kids had built what looked like a prison cell with one tiny window for one of their little dolls and felt kind of bad about it. Santa to the rescue.
on January 3, 2014
We love Legos but there never seems to be enough! These education packs are wonderful. They are allowing us to get a bulk volume of Legos without the "fancy packaging." We can now build the "dream home" and not run out of windows. (Love it!)
on January 8, 2011
I just received a thank you note from our daughter for the Lego set we sent for our grandsons ages 3 and 6. She wrote that the boys are in "Lego-heaven" and can't get enough of all the choices of parts to build with and scupt. They've made so many things and are always coming up with new ideas to try. Because the set had so many pieces, that was our hope for the boys to be able to make all sorts of things and it appears it was a success. We also sent the doors windows and roof tiles. The set allows the boys to create things rather than try to copy what a box shows something should look like on the preset Lego sets. We think that is far more educational.
0Comment22 of 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 28, 2013
I love the old-school Legos that don't come in a kit designed to build a specific item. These parts go with the big box of blocks, and my grandson and I can build beautiful homes and cities.
on July 2, 2013
Great set. Pricey, but that's the way it goes with Legos these days. My 4 year old grandson has spent hours, he's spent days playing with this set plus one of the educational sets I got for him. If you're looking for a Lego set that you can't seem to find type in 'educational Legos' in the search bar. I found several sets that weren't coming up on the regular Amazon offering page.
on January 8, 2014
The education sets of Legos are fabulous!! No they do not come in a fancy container, but WHO CARES! You get more Legos for less money this way. My kids were always fighting over the doors, windows, etc this solved my problem.
on February 4, 2014
Plenty of doors and windows for active imaginations! My Son has been building since he opened the box Christmas morning
on January 13, 2014
The grandkids spent hours building doors and windows and combinations. Their buildings now have more windows and doors than walls! Love anything that they can play with for hours without arguing with each other - plenty to go around.
on April 14, 2014
I didn't want a kit for my son. I just wanted the random pieces of legos like those of my childhood. These are perfect go to with a starter set. We build houses, schools, doghouses, etc. for my son's lego men all the time now.