Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Amethyst Jewelry Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now SnS

Our 4-year old is on the cusp where he can't make the 200 + piece Lego's and finds the 80-90 piece Lego's too easy. 120-130 is just the right number. The main problem with Lego's seems to be that they don't stay together well once assembled. Not so with this one. I guess given the relatively compact size of the two cars (McQueen and Francesco), they hold up rather well and have yet to come apart. Includes a set of stickers, which our son always looks forward to applying on his Lego toys.

Kudos to Lego for making such awesome products - I cannot even imagine how much time goes into designing each product, including detailed and to-the-tee instructions, and making sure that all the correct parts are included with each set. Not an easy task by any stretch of the imagination. I guess that is the reason we, as parents, are happy to pay a premium for their products, even though it really is just plastic at the end of the day.
0Comment30 of 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon October 14, 2011
I bought this along with " Classic Mater" for my two grandsons, ages 7 and 5. see my review on Classic Mater , This one is a bit more complicated, but my 7 year old grandson had no problems with it. Both boys play for hours with these sets and are accumulating quite a collection. As far as durability is concerned, being a lego construction, it of course falls apart quite easily, but is just as easily fixed. If your children or grandchildren are into lego sets, this one as well as the Classic Mater are great gifts !
on December 3, 2011
Fun set for Lego/Cars 2 fans. BUT, waaaay to expensive on amazon. Found it $ 17 less at Target. Not sure why, as amazon's prices are usually lower.
on December 7, 2011
I purchased this at a local store (with the red bullseye) since they were having buy one get one 50% off. And actually the sale price is about 8 dollars cheaper than on Amazon plus you get the second one half off. Great lego toy and details are impeccable. My 3.5 years old son loved it and was playing with it all night... even took lightening McQueen with him to bed. I also purchased the Duplo Mater Agent along with it and was suppose to be Christmas gifts but I made the mistake of not hiding it well enough... ooh well I guess I'll have to get more for Christmas.
on January 26, 2012
It's Cars meets Legos. What more can you want for little boys? Of course the price is high, as per Lego standards. I didn't feel like it was that great a value once they arrived but my boys LOVE it and have really enjoyed the ability to redesign their favorite Lightning McQueen.
Too expensive for the size you get. There are other Lego toys that you get a bigger toy, more pieces, than this one. I think is because it is Car's figures.
on January 11, 2012
I bought this for my fiance Niece and she was so excited to play with it. they love it....it was very light but not much pieces.
on January 16, 2016
Nice Legos
Very small pieces though be careful if you have young kids that put things in their mouth
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 9, 2015
It's a nice set, a bit expensive for its size. My 5 year old nephew loved it and had tons of fun with it!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse