5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeds all Expectations!!
My daughter just got this set two days ago for her 7th Birthday, and we had a blast putting it together. Now she's serving cakes, milkshakes and hamburgers to all her lego friends. The set is very well designed, with details that add so much character to it. My daughter and I both LOVE the new design, and LOVE the new design of minifigures as well..they're so cute!
Published on January 9, 2012 by MommyofTwo

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy to Build, Small for Play
Published on June 23, 2012 by Chelle

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeds all Expectations!!, January 9, 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Very cute, but not as "Lego" as some, February 2, 2012
My 8yo daughter loves building Legos (as do her two brothers) and loved the look of these sets when she saw them come out and bought this one with her own money. It's cute, it's girly, but it's not as "Lego" as a "traditional" set. Of the 222 pieces, SO MANY of them are "accessories." Utensils, foods, etc. Not very much for building and more for playing very teeny pretend play. But you're paying Lego prices for that. It competes well with things like littlest pet shop, ponies, etc, but not so well with other lego sets.
My daughter also has some other lego favorites she thinks are cool - the lighthouse with the light-up brick, the camping trailer with car to pull it (we own a camper), the 3-in-1 fishing cabin, etc. For actual building, you get more bang for your buck with the "traditional" sets. They are also more challenging and time-consuming which she likes. It hardly took any time at all to put this set together and now it just sits on her shelf.
I'm actually kinda personally offended that they made it this way. I'm sure some kids will love the quick put-together but can't Lego come out with some "girl" sets that aren't SO girly?

5.0 out of 5 stars Got this as a gift...and I'm 37! Love it., August 13, 2012
As a mom of two boys we have more LEGOs in this house than I can count, and I've nearly stepped on more than my feet can take. When I saw these new "Friends" sets at the LEGO store I was immediately fascinated. Girl LEGOS! I mean really, who cares, boys can play with them and girls can play with the other LEGOs...but still. My inner child kicked in and I was in love. Apparently it was totally obvious, so my husband and boys got me this set as a gift.

It's just adorable, and I love the accessories. A cute little mixer, bowls...the pastries are darling! It was relaxing, if not cathartic, to put it together while the boys were napping. Then when they woke up LEGO Batman and Catwoman had a chase scene through the Cafe while Indiana Jones sat down for a cupcake and a beverage. Love it. ;-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Lego Friends!!!, April 17, 2012
This whole series by Lego is awesome! I bought it as a birthday gift for my 5 year old niece and she loves it. She definately needed help putting it together, but she didn't get frustrated, we just had to assist. Some people are "anti" because it is a "girls" toy, but at the end of the day, most girls like girly things. I hope Lego creates other sets (and I am sure they will). I appreciate the variety of price-points as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lego is getting it right, January 2, 2012
This is a very good set and has very many details.I would not expect someone who is not very experienced with lego building to be able to build this by themselves because the stickers/decals can be difficult to put on and the roof can be difficult to snap onto the rest of the structure. over all this is a nice set and it is nice to see sets that are more appealing to girls and don't worry regurlar minifigures fit fine in the cafe.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another LEGO success!!!, February 7, 2012
I am so excited about the LEGO friends series for girls! My daughter loves this set and hopefully there will be more to come!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy, but not at $63!, November 1, 2012
We are a big lego family here. love that they have girl sets out. however, check out lego.com first. There list price is $29.00, not $63...

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Cute and Fun!, April 19, 2012
A Kid's Review
This Lego Friends product was really amazing! The attention to detail was really stunning. My little sister just turned nine when she got this for her birthday. Before she got it she complained of "not having enough girl Lego's to play with" but now she has been appeased. :)

However, the cupcakes are simply a wrapper with a Lego "dot" in the middle. They're not secure and fall out easily so we had to superglue them in. That was a slight disappointment. Still she loves playing with them and rearranging the chairs and sink and cash register. Overall, a very fun toy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally Lego figured it out!, February 11, 2012
J. Disser (San Diego, CA) - See all my reviews
I bought for my daughter's 7th birthday this week. She can't put them down. She has had other Lego sets - some of the city sets - that didn't get played with very frequently. She had absolutely no interest in the Star Wars and other more violent oriented sets. Because this one has multiple people and is oriented toward more role-play, it appeals to her much more. It's nice to see that Lego finally figured out that they've been ignoring about half of their potential market (girls) and are now doing something to appeal to them. It's nice that the little people have hair and clothes that can be switched out.

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy to Build, Small for Play, June 23, 2012
This set was extremely easy to build, but it will be frustrating for some for playtime, as things like the accessories are so teeny tiny (and there are what seems like a zillion accessories). For example the cash register comes with money, but good luck in trying to get the money out! Same with the oven and the pan, the ice cream machine spouts kept falling off, the characters hair won't stay on... My daughters also really got frustrated with the cupcakes as the small round pieces don't snap in and keep falling out. All in all, it's a very cute set but I am wishing now that I would have went with something non-lego that was a little more sturdier and easier for playing with.

LEGO Friends City Park Cafe 3061