Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: LEGO Friends Heartlake Dog Show 3942
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on January 29, 2012
My five year old girl has been watching her older brothers play legos since she was born, and she finally wanted to try herself. When I told her there were girl legos, she was so excited. We spent a long time checking out the different sets in the series and finally decided upon this one as our first project.

We weren't disappointed! This set is fabulous. And very girly. It has two dogs, it has a girl, it has water for the doggy bathtub and brushes and accessories for the dogs. And of course it is pink and purple. It also inspires a nice story line--it was easy to play "dog show" for several hours. And it was just complicated enough to teach her all the skills she needed to learn to build, but not complicated enough to thwart her.

So if you have a girl who's interested in legos but not interested in boy things, this is it. And this particular set is a great one to start with.
on June 13, 2012
The Lego Friends collection is a must have for any little girl or parent who loves legos. Good for hours of makebelieve fun and imagination. Easy to put togeather and loads of fun to play with. Directions very easy to follow.
on February 26, 2012
My daughter has six of these new Lego "Friends" sets, and loves every one of them--and so do I. We don't care if they perpetuate every girly stereotype, the bottom line is, my daughter, age 7, loves them all. They promote fine motor skills, following directions, creative play, and can be combined with all our other legos to create huge Lego neighborhoods. It's about time Lego tapped this vast girly market...We can't wait to see what gets added next to the series.
VINE VOICEon March 9, 2013
My daughter (10) really likes how you can "wash" the pets and clean them while a big crowd looks on. You can also use the set as a stage for Andrea to sing on (if you have that minifig). All animals from other sets fit this set.

There were enough bows to put on all the animals. You could probably take this apart to design another build because there are a lot of cool pieces.

This set comes with two animals, one minifig, and a place for you to wash the animals. There are also some other small pieces.

Too bad this set didn't come with more minifigs, animals, and more places for the pets to perform.

My son (8) also loves it. He would also like more animals.
on February 16, 2013
I gave this as a present. I was surprised that for the price the box and present appeared smaller in person and very underwhelming when wrapped and given.
I hope the set is fun and gives hours of entertainment but if you are looking to give a nice looking gift, from the outside this does not match the price point.
on February 12, 2013
My daughter really enjoyed putting this together so much that she used Christmas gift money from her grandmother and uncle to buy another set. The sets don't seem to be that much fun to play with once they're assembled. She doesn't want to take them apart, though. So, for now, the sets are sitting on her desk looking cute, but not getting played with.
on April 8, 2012
Finally! Legos for girls! I know those of you who have boys or girls who are growing up with boys might not think this is a big deal, but if you have a girly girl, this is the set for her! My daughter had ZERO interest in Legos until these came out. Personally, I loved Legos as a kid, and I just didn't get why she wasn't into them... but the purple and pink blocks, flowers, puppies and girls make a huge difference! I wanted her to like Legos to build her fine motor skills (and maybe improve her handwriting!) I have seen an improvement in fine motor skills, however, it's her love of following the directions and details that she seems to like better. She's more excited about building the structures than she is about playing with them after they are done. She has so much fun building that she wants to pull them apart and build them again. Maybe a future engineer in the making? At least she might be good at putting together self-assembly furniture some day ;) And now that the girly Legos have sparked her interest, I will probably be able to get her interested in other sets, too!
on January 26, 2014
I have three girls (ages 6, 8, and 11) and they are having more fun with the Lego Friend sets than my boys every had with any of theirs. I have bought many different sets and will continue to do so until they get tired with them. Maybe one of them will grow up to be an architect.
on January 27, 2013
My girls really like legos and it is so fun for them to have these. They love the little dogs, although I think there are too many small accessories- too easy to vacuum up! Otherwise, it's Lego, so it's quality.
on March 8, 2012
This toy sparked my 5-year old's interest in Lego toys. The instructions are easy to follow. After showing her a few steps, she was able to build the rest on her own. It gave her the confidence to design her own structures. She pointed out a feature that is missing in this new line. The Lego people could be snapped onto the Lego pieces standing up, but not sitting down. It is a bit frustrating when the Lego people fall off the chairs. All in all, we love Lego Friends and would buy more.