5.0 out of 5 stars Essential for Lego Builders
Published on July 26, 2000 by Deborah A. Woehr

3.0 out of 5 stars Not your mama's Legos, and it's too bad.
I had a ton of Legos as a kid (who didn't?), passed down from family members and friends so it was a mish-mash of whatever was available in the 70s. Today's Legos are very neat in that they come in lots of great colors and there are so many fun sets out there with unique pieces to play with. My kids and I love them!

The base plates, however, are a huge...
Published on January 27, 2011 by jeninmaine

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential for Lego Builders, July 26, 2000
This review is from: LEGO Green Building Plate (10" x 10") (Toy)
My son has at least four of these boards, and he uses them all the time. I agree with the reviewer from Virginia that these should be included with every major set because the Legos do fall apart when they have to be transported from one place to another. I also think the boards are somewhat expensive, but at least they're sturdy and you can connect them with Lego blocks to build bigger scenes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Homemade Lego Table, December 15, 2011
This review is from: LEGO Green Building Plate (10" x 10") (Toy)
We love these plates and have several at our house for LEGO play when the grandkids come. Two of our grandsons wanted LEGO tables for Christmas so my husband and I bought 8 of these plates along with two LACK side tables from IKEA for $7.00 each. Glued four plates on each table and added a mesh bag for storage on two sides of each table - instant LEGO table for a fraction of the cost to buy one, made with love by 'Granny and Poppy'. Not sure how they would turn out, we bought the smaller LACK table, but are pretty sure that we will upgrade to a larger model for each of them soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Duplo Legos fit too!!!!!, November 20, 2013
This review is from: LEGO Green Building Plate (10" x 10") (Toy)
The plate works with Duplo Legos and small Legos. Very happy. My 5 yr old and 2 yr old can use the same plates.

4.0 out of 5 stars An essential piece of lego equipment., September 12, 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: LEGO Green Building Plate (10" x 10") (Toy)
The baseplate is essential for creating any large lego building or scene. The lego structure simply will not be sturdy enough without it. I wish more of these baseplates were included in lego sets, because it seems silly to have to buy this piece separately. It would be better if the baseplate were a bit thicker so that it would not bend even slightly under pressure. That would make it easier to move a work-in-progress.

5.0 out of 5 stars This Leggo baseplate Y, September 25, 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: LEGO Green Building Plate (10" x 10") (Toy)
This baseplate makes it very easy for the kids to build their toys. No slipping all over the place and makes a lovely base to display the toys.

5.0 out of 5 stars You definitely need these things..., January 11, 2005
csm (The great Midwest!) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: LEGO Green Building Plate (10" x 10") (Toy)
Honestly, I found these plates a LOT cheaper in my local meijer's store, plus they were on sale to boot. That said, you really can't do without these baseplates if your child is going to build anything with legos. It's a bunch of fun anyway, seeing how high you can make towers, which is impossible to do without one of these. They should include these in the sets and how about different colors too? Gray and green get a little boring. You really can't use those colors when you're pretending to be out in the desert with your big army tanks, now can you? Sure wish I could find one of those big legos tables - if anyone sees one, please let me know. They would be an even better investment over these baseplates.

4.0 out of 5 stars Essential, but not without flaws, April 7, 2006
This review is from: LEGO Green Building Plate (10" x 10") (Toy)
These baseplates are important if your little one likes to build structures with Legos. I'd recommend attaching them to a board (I wood-glued 6 of them to a board, added some molding, and put sliders underneath so I could store the board under beds or sofas) so they won't flex.

Otherwise, you'll definitely need to encourage your child to play with these on a table or other hard surface, and warn them that moving their constructions to another spot might result in the creations coming apart.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not your mama's Legos, and it's too bad., January 27, 2011
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: LEGO Green Building Plate (10" x 10") (Toy)

The base plates, however, are a huge disappointment. First they're not included with most sets, which just seems stupid to me (especially the complex kits that are so $$ to begin with!). I finally ponied up to get a few in various sizes for my kids and I'm surprised at how flimsy they are! I remember the base plates being thick - the edges were nearly the same depth as your standard Lego brick - and most importantly they were rigid. I have many memories of stepping on the corners of these things with bare feet, ouch! But I'll tell you what, those base plates wouldn't flex and shatter your creation into a million pieces, either. The larger base plates are the worst - my kids like to play with their Legos in the living room where we've got a rug on the floor and my youngest (who is 3) has a hard time getting bricks to stick flat as every time she pushes down the entire thing warps inward. I try to encourage them to build on the hardwood or on a table but they prefer the rug (it is Winter, who wouldn't). Anyway I just think that the base plates, especially at $5-$7 for a piece of molded plastic, should be the same quality they were thirty years ago and stand up to a lot of play.

3.0 out of 5 stars Gray base plate is better!, July 24, 2000
Alice Mar (Huntington Woods, Michigan United States) - See all my reviews
= Durability:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: LEGO Green Building Plate (10" x 10") (Toy)
My daughter and I have found the 15X15" baseplate a better size to make our structures on. If Lego would market an even huger one, my heart would be content!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, December 25, 2012
This review is from: LEGO Green Building Plate (10" x 10") (Toy)
My son loves to build things and bring it to me, which it falls apart on the way. This is a great fix for that. I bought it for his duplo legos and it works great.

LEGO Green Building Plate (10" x 10")
$6.99 $5.99