5.0 out of 5 stars So far, so great!
Published on November 11, 2011 by Aric

3.0 out of 5 stars Released before ready
Published on November 20, 2011 by Darknight07

5.0 out of 5 stars So far, so great!, November 11, 2011
Aric (Grand Blanc, MI United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
My wife and I played through the first Lego Harry Potter game, and we loved it. We've played other lego games, but by far the Harry Potter game was our favorite. So, we were way excited when we got the second Lego Harry Potter today. After playing it for several hours, I am very pleased with how similar the gameplay is to the first game, yet it's different enough to keep it interesting. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who has played and enjoyed the first game. It's great!

3.0 out of 5 stars Released before ready, November 20, 2011
Darknight07 (Lacey, WA United States) - See all my reviews
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
Having owned every Lego game in recent years we were excited about this game, unfortunatly they rushed it out the door for the holidays. The common glitches are using pets and item assembly. Nothing is more frustrating than trying to use a pet for a puzzle and the game will not let you unless you are standing in an exact invisible spot to release the pet. Some assembly challenges had to be abandoned and retried because of lego parts getting stuck so assembly could not be completed at that time.

Game play is similar to previous lego games, but it is not always clear what needs to be done to continue the story. Couple this with game glitches and it can be a frustrating game at times.

If the game maker fixes the glitches in an update then I would change my rating to a 4+. Until them the game is a mixture of pleasure and pain for any age.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loads of fun, November 14, 2011
This review is from: LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
This game is just as fun as the first! There are a few updates to hogwarts and the spells, but that makes everything new and exciting. The game is very in depth, there are so many levels and side stories to play through. I have experienced a few glitches but no freezing unlike all the other lego games.

3.0 out of 5 stars wait to get, November 28, 2011
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
I'd wait to get this, a few bugs need to be worked out and it should be about ten bucks cheaper than what it is right now.

4.0 out of 5 stars If you like the books/movies and enjoy the Lego games pick it up., September 6, 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
An improvement over the first. They incorporated some elements from the books that were missing from the films. Gameplay and controls work well. Music is film fare which I enjoy. Graphics, well its a Lego game but the backgrounds are done well and the pieces are well done. Overall a funny enjoyable game for fans of the series.

3.0 out of 5 stars Some issues but not enough to stop a good time, January 4, 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
If you are a fan of the Lego/Movie Tie-in video games then you have another very good title in Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7.

My son (who is 9) loves the Lego series and Lego's in general. He has had all the games and they are a delight to play with him. I do have a warm spot in my heart for the original Lego Star Wars Trilogy set but have enjoyed playing all of them with him.

It is a game that is easy for a child to pick up and play but still fun for an adult. In other words you won't play it just because your child wants to play a game. You should not mind too much putting the more mature games away to enjoy this little romp.

The few technical issues have seemed to have mostly disappeared (perhaps through some dynamic updates). And the game was not really hindered by them in the first place. Yes sometimes you do have to get your character in an exact right place to perform an action but is few and far between, and they are not in game life or death situations. They will take you just a few seconds of trial and error moving your character around.

Not the best Lego game to date but very good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, July 22, 2013
This review is from: LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
I absolutely loved this game! I love that it has some serious replayability. I hate games that you play once and then there's nothing more to do with it. To unlock or access certain areas of the game you almost have to replay it, at least one. Loved it. Will play again! Do reccommend!!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best lego games, February 7, 2013
M. Wong (Las Cruces, NM) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
I love the lego games and have played most of them. The Harry Potter ones are my favorites (closely followed by Indiana Jones II). The visuals are stunning, there's LOTS to do in the hub world, and the free play remains engaging after you finish the story. It's fun to play alone or with someone. The split screen is a fantastic feature, though the constantly shifting perspectives can get dizzying. 5-7 seems easier than 1-4, but that might just be because there have been fewer glitches. My five year old loves to play with me and has an easier time with this one than, say, Star Wars. But all the different spell choices still make it too difficult for her to complete levels without getting frustrated. The cut scenes are tongue-in-cheek funny, just like in all the Lego games. All-in-all, I highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best lego game ever., February 22, 2012
This review is from: LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
No glitches no problems on it got 1000 on it easy it so great! Is 100 percent better than the first lego harry potter.

5.0 out of 5 stars So. Much. Fun!, June 9, 2014
This review is from: LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
My boyfriend is a much more frequent gamer than me...I'm more of a Wii Sports kinda girl, and he's an xBox 360 Batman Arkham City kinda guy. Lego Harry Potter matches us up perfectly! There's no shooting guns-blood splattering-crap like in other "dude" video games, and we both love the books and movies. It's a lot of fun, definitely some great graphics, and there is quite a bit of humor in these games. Would recommend to anyone with a great sense of play!

LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 - Xbox 360
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 - Xbox 360 by Warner Bros (Xbox 360)
$19.99 $17.93