Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 - Playstation 3
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Video Game|Change
Price:$4.00 - $63.74

on July 25, 2015
My son loves the lego series and the games allow for kids to just keep playing (no out of lives). Also when you defeat another item or person the legos just break up (no gore)... They're fun for adults and kids and well done.
on November 29, 2012
If they keep churning out the innovative LEGO videogame products like this, I'll keep putting down my hard-earned to buy them. Fun, easy to master and hours of gameplay (if you like to go for 100% completion).
on January 16, 2013
This is my second time with a Lego video game and I found this to be so confusing. Since there isn't any dialogue or text to read you are left to figure out everything on your own. I keep telling myself that it is made for kids so it should be easy for me to figure out. However, my wife and I will take 10-15 minutes trying to figure something out because it isn't clearly laid out for us. I have been playing video games for the last 25 years, so this is frustrating to play a children's game and struggle to move on in the game.

Overall, we have a lot of fun playing together and it can be fun switching between the different characters. Unfortunately, most of the game feels like solving a bunch of pointless puzzles when we really just want to do magic stuff. I was considering getting the first game (I was too slow on Black Friday sales) but I feel like this game will be sufficient for me Harry Potter or Lego needs.
on December 28, 2012
Having played a few of the Lego games I knew what I was expecting and that's what I got with this game. Humorous moments, interesting mechanics (at least the first few hundred times you have to use them) and tons of stuff to collect. Like the other Lego games I played before this game was a relaxing game to play in comparison to most of the high intensity competitive games now that didn't require constant focus in order to find success. I also appreciate how kid friendly the game is which makes it easy to play without worrying about young eyes seeing something graphic.
on December 11, 2014
It is almost as fun as any of the Lego games, but compared to Years 1-4? It's too easy. I expect to do a little bit of work to save students or complete other objectives. I'm not sure if it is easier because they wanted to attract a younger crowd or if they wanted Harry to be more powerful since he is older? I'm pretty sure it's to make it easier though. That's a shame because I loved trying to figure out how to open door, rescue students, or enter certain buildings in the previous game.

That said, the graphics in this one are much better than Years 1-4. I am very impressed. The Lego characters look the way they always do, but the scenery, backgrounds, and other content look amazing! And while some objectives may be easier, they included items that you interact with something other than a wand. So you may walk over an item this time to get your little coins.

In all though, if you're like me, you'll want this game either because it's Harry Potter, Lego franchise, or both. It's definitely worth completing your collection, especially if you can get it on sale.
on December 7, 2011
This game has been loads of fun to play with the family. The level creativity in this one is better than the last and there are plenty of places to explore. Highly recommended game for low key gamers who like the puzzle/adventure type. Only reason I took a star off is because it's the same ol Lego game you've come to love just in a new shell with a few added features. Some good additions but overall I can only play for about an hour at a time as it can get old if you have played lots of Lego games already.
on December 13, 2014
I have been wanting to play this game for a very long time and now that I have I couldn't put that controller down it's just that fun and even better playing it with a friend I recommend it to any Harry Potter or LEGO Fan!
on April 25, 2013
Great follow up the first game. Really enjoyed playing through with my wife and son. Some people don't like it because you have to use different spells throughout the game, but that's what's great about the life of Harry Potter...the magic. Really fun.
on August 14, 2013
My husband and I love all of the Lego video games, especially because we can play co-op! The only thing keeping this from 5 star is that it is soooooo much like the first one, it was a little boring.
on February 27, 2013
I got an awesome deal here for a used copy of Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7. I have been reading all the books and playing along with the game, and it's an amazing experience! I'm not a kid anymore, but this game is fun for any age. I love that it follows the story (movie version), they try to make the clothes similar, and they use the Harry Potter score by John Williams. I have the theme song stuck in my head all the time and I don't consider that a bad thing. I love this game and want to keep it forever. I regret selling the first one (Years 1-4) and will have to buy it again. It's the kind of game that you can play again every few years and is still fun to go back and collect all the goodies!