5.0 out of 5 stars Lego Minecraft - a great combination
Published 13 months ago by FreeSpirit

Published 10 months ago by Crafting things

5.0 out of 5 stars Lego Minecraft - a great combination, September 9, 2013
This review is from: LEGO Minecraft The Nether 21106 (Toy)
This "micro" set is a great combination of Lego and Minecraft. It's different from regular Lego sets, it has mostly simple 1x1s and is a much smaller set once assembled (the box is only 3" in length, width, and depth). We bought the Nether and the Village - both sets are great. You can customize modules once constructed, this gives great flexibility with the set. The sets are simple yet don't feel as repetitive as some other Lego sets. Once constructed, the modules are remarkably stable given the smaller frame.

It would be great to have the entire collection, but at $35 a set, it adds up to be quite expensive. Price and availability of these sets seems to be varying quite a bit. I did a fair amount if research and it seems $33-$37 is the range in which these sets typically sell. If they are out of stock, they come back in stock pretty quick, so it might be better to wait for stock rather than pay higher prices (I have seen these selling for as much as $60!).

5.0 out of 5 stars Children who are Lego & Minecraft fans will love this!!!, September 18, 2013
My child is a Lego fan and a Minecraft fan. This is a wonderful item and product. Very well instructed to put together and he loves it. It simulates Minecraft perfectly and enjoyed by my child every day. You can do so many things with it and let your child use their imagination to do so much more as well.

2.0 out of 5 stars These sets retail in stores for 32.00 to 36.00. if you pay any more you're being ripped off, December 4, 2013
This review is from: LEGO Minecraft The Nether 21106 (Toy)
I bought this on Sunday from the Lego store for $32.00. (not on sale). Since then it seems to have been hiked up in price from 100-500% for these Lego mine craft mini sets all over Amazon. If you buy it for more than 36 bucks you aren't saving any money. It should be illegal for these venders to inflate the price and mark off a little (still making you pay more than double) to trick you into thinking you're getting a deal. These sets retail between 32.00 and 36.00 at in store venders.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Addition to the Lego MineCraft Series, October 3, 2013
C. Pilot (Florida, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LEGO Minecraft The Nether 21106 (Toy)
These are nice little Lego sets for any MineCraft enthusiast. Be warned that these are micro Lego sets, meaning all the blocks are the tiniest that Lego makes. These almost lose a star because of how small they are versus their price, but it is what it is. My son really likes them. My son did say that he wishes the set came with less "Ghasts" and more "Zombie Pig Men". I'm sure your little MineCrafter would know what that means.

4.0 out of 5 stars Minecraft-Lego series a hit with return customer. Great job amazon!, November 14, 2013
This review is from: LEGO Minecraft The Nether 21106 (Toy)
My grandson is obsessed with anything Minecraft and Legos. He's loved and built Legos since he was three, Because he is so precocious it is difficult to keep him occupied. The combination of Minecraft and Lego was just what he wanted. Now we need MORE of them. His friends (8-10 people) have "played" and collected for years. They have everything that was made. They are always looking on Amazon for the latest. Christmas will be achallenge because they have everything (including t shirts). Please keep me advised of all the recent and upcoming releases. Good job Amazon!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice addition to our LEGO collection, October 18, 2013
This review is from: LEGO Minecraft The Nether 21106 (Toy)
My 9yo and I are Minecraft fans. We play on the XBOX all the time and he's been eying his Minecraft LEGO set (the original one) for quite some time, but it costs almost 100 bucks in Singapore. I was surprised it only costs 35 bucks on Amazon, even bigger surprise that the Nether set is out already (I was expecting it to come out on Xmas).

The set is creatively designed, which is a great thing. The Zombie Pigman micro figure and the Ghast are cute as well hehe.

To be honest, unless you're a Minecraft fan, this really is just a specially painted set of basic blocks, but that's the whole point, right? Minecraft is a block-based game, and to tie it up with LEGO is just a no-brainer.

Good purchase for any Minecraft collector. Thinking of getting the other two right now :P

4.0 out of 5 stars Big hit for the kids, October 15, 2013
This review is from: LEGO Minecraft The Nether 21106 (Toy)
This was a big hit with my eight yesr olds. Not too many pieces to be overwhelmed. The project pieces are quite small, however, and do require a bit of dexterity. This is a great project for children and grownups to make together!

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, November 13, 2013
This review is from: LEGO Minecraft The Nether 21106 (Toy)
I bought this for my 10 year old son he loves to play with the lego and pc version its so cool!!!!! When he's at school i love to give it to him when he gets back. I say its good for kids 8 to 13 and it does not fall apart you have to like punch it to make it fall.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Lego Micro Kit, December 17, 2013
This review is from: LEGO Minecraft The Nether 21106 (Toy)
I love this kit and want to try to address some of the negative reviews here - they all seem to be from people who complain it is too small and too expensive. First of all, this is a Lego MICRO set. Micros are a new type of Lego that is way smaller (in scale) than the regular Lego's. So you have Lego Duplo - Lego - Lego Micro in that size order. When I order a regular Lego set, I don't complain that I didn't get a box as big as the Lego Duplo blocks!
Also, as a Micro set, they rate it for kids 10 years and older. Don't buy this for your 5 year old and then complain that its too tough for him/her!
Secondly, this contains 400 pieces. That is more than the regular Lego boxes priced around $40 contain (280 pieces in example). I think its clear that the price goes mainly with the quantity of the pieces, not with the size of the pieces.
I expected a tiny miniature kit that would recreate the Minecraft world and be a bit challenging to put together for my son and me. And I feel I got exactly what I had hoped for!

2.0 out of 5 stars twice the price half the toy!, December 9, 2013
First I want to say This is not about the product, although it is really small. My son saw this on amazon three months ago when shopping for Halloween and the price was $35 to $40. I paid $68 for it a week ago. Please tell me what is it about this that warrants doubling the price of a toy.

LEGO Minecraft The Nether 21106