Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: LEGO Movie 70805 Trash Chomper
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eli Paperboy Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

88%
12%

VINE VOICEon March 27, 2014
I am a big Lego fan and so is my son. I will admit we have not seen the movie but my son loves trash trucks. This set is particularly cool and a solid value because it can be made in to both a trash truck and the trash chomper as seen on the front of the box. They are both nice models and I do believe there is a slight mark-up on this set because of this dual functionality, but not anything major.

The challenge is that for playability of the trash truck, there isn't really anywhere for the trash to go, and it doesn't function nearly as well as some regular Recycling or Garbage Trucks from the Lego City line such as the last Green one or the Orange one from several years ago. The Chomper is cool because the jaws actually chomp, but my son who is pretty good with Lego had a hard time keeping all the parts on consistently. Overall a great set with a few limitations.
on August 19, 2014
Honestly, this is one of the better sets I've seen from LEGO in a while. Tons of SNOT (studs not on top, AFOL terminology) construction seems to be the hottest thing at LEGO HQ, and about time. My advice, skip the chomper and go straight to the trash truck. It's one of the better looking garbage trucks (7991, 4432, 7599, 20011, 4206) with the exception of 4434, which isn't really a garbage truck. The toy story truck is the best looking, but I'd argue it's not minifig scaled, and the orange truck is classic city (not classic TOWN), but both are significantly more expensive. The only downside is that of all the sets mentioned, this one has the least "playability" out of box, but a little creativity will fix that right away. You even get a nice pile of unused pieces that the main model needs to get you started. Speaking of which, the instructions actually "waste" a significant number of pieces internally that could be left out and used to build something else; it's a very dense model.

On the topic of pieces, nearly all are small with a significant number of slopes and angles/slants, which usually are more expensive per-piece. Three minifigs and tons of translucents don't hurt either. There are a few "big" pieces and some weird ones I haven't seen before (2x6 with right angle 1x4) but not enough to really detract from the set. Also, it's green, green isn't the most common LEGO color, which usually also means price premium.

Right now ($25), 70805 is the cheapest per-brick set on amazon with the exception of the bulk brick buckets. They have a max order limit of 2, so get it now while you can.
on February 9, 2014
Having just seen the movie, my kids loved these sets! This Trash Chomper is a pretty tough set, my son is under the age range and I needed to help him along the way while building reorienting some pieces. The fact that the set has plans for two configurations is a bonus since it can occupy twice as much building time before the pieces disappear into bins of other Legos.
on April 12, 2015
This is probably one of the most creative sets I've seen. It comes with the pieces to build either a garbage truck or a flying eating machine. Will look great in a Lego City. Get one before the price skyrockets.
review image
on March 16, 2015
Got this for my son's 7th birthday. It was a great build. It took him about 2hrs to build and gave him enough challenge and time I felt it was great set and I recommend to parents w kids in similar age ranges. Also once together it stays toghether unlike Metal Beard that gets tapped and falls apart. Such is the life when you try to wipe your "bum with a hook" , "that be difficult" as he says.
on June 12, 2014
I chose the 5 star because my grandson is all about Lego. This is one of the things he told me to get for his 8th birthday.
I will be taking it to him when I see him in July, so presumably ally pieces will be in box. I am sure he will love it. He saves all of his
boxes also. His shelves in his walk-in closet are lined with Lego Ninjago and now Lego Movie boxes.

I received it on lime. This Lego stuff all seems high-priced to me, but what do I know, I never bought boy toys before grandchildren, had all girls.
on April 5, 2015
My son loves this Lego set. He showed me that it came with mini figures which is exciting. He immediately opened it and started putting it together. It was "medium" to put together according to my other son who has dozens and dozens of Lego sets.
on December 27, 2014
I will leave 5 stars because Lego still is the greatest game for kids. I get a form of it for my nephew every year so he can get off video games and just do something that takes skill and work your mind. Unfortunately i got this one and a few pieces were missing. but It still is a nice lego,
on February 9, 2014
This green machine sweeps the streets of Bricksburg, looking for garbage. This set includes 3 minifigures. Our first minifigure is Chef Gordon Zola. He is being chased all around the city by a micro manager. The next minifigure is Garbage Man Dan. He drives around after the micro manager with his buddy Garbage Man Grant. This set has 2 "modes". The first is truck mode. The other is creative mode. Overall, The Trash Chomper is a great addition to your collection.
on November 22, 2014
Perfect for any Lego Movie fan. The trash chomped was easy for my 6 year old to build, and it looks pretty nifty as a chomper. I love that they made this a 2-in-1 so you can build it as a regular garbage truck, or as a trash chomper.

See 1 answered question