Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change
Price:$32.89 - $700.00

TOP 50 REVIEWERon February 4, 2014
We bought this Lego set a few days ago for full price at a store my daughter had a gift card for. Amazon's price is a bit cheaper. My daughter is a HUGE Lego fan and we are continually expanding our collection. She is extremely excited for the movie and was thrilled when she found the movie sets in the store. I encouraged her to buy one of these 2-in-1 sets so we could have some different things to build. The instructions were straight forward (as always with Lego) and my 9 year old didn't have any problems building either design.

I like that the set has 2 options, but it seems more suited toward building the castle rather than the cavalry. The cavalry design looks a little odd. The sides of it that use the big, hollow castle posts look out of place as do the wagon wheels on the front of the vehicle. There are a few really cool features though, my daughter loves the catapult and the flame missiles. The castle design is what she was really excited for and now that we've built the cavalry once we don't need to do it again. The castle design is a little more fun for her to play with.

I did like the trash chomper and ice cream machine a little better, but we compared the various 2-in-1 sets that were available and this seemed to be the most bang for our buck. With this set are 424 pieces compared to the same priced sets that had 300-400 pieces. The minifigures in this set appealed to her more than the other sets, she loves the knight and soldier! I've noticed on some other reviews people get confused about what can/cannot be built with each set. With this kit you can build EITHER the castle or the cavalry at any given time. It does not have enough pieces to have both built at the same time. You must disassemble it to build the other option.
on March 5, 2014
Just like the trash chomper and ice cream machine, this set from the Lego Movie was only featured for a few seconds in the Lego Movie. One of the cool things about this set is that it is a two for one! You can build a castle set: two towers and a gate guarded by two guards with a flame throwing seige weapon, or you can build a Lego Movie Castle Calvary set: a flying ship where the towers are the engines. This set is very fun and imaginative. I have always been a fan of Lego Castles and Kingdoms, and this set is the perfect cross-over for me! When I built this set I chose to build the cavalry set. This package comes with instructions for the castle wall and for the castle cavalry, which also includes instructions for how to build the micro manager.

This set, when you build the Lego Movie Cavalry set, not the caste wall set, is a bit bulky. There are three parts to the cavalry set (a central part and two flanking castle walls). A lot of the pieces from this set are included (crammed) in the center peice which resembles a thick boat with a spyglass, two crossbows, two missiles, two cylinder launchers (shovels that fling lt. gray cylinder pieces) and hold the two castle guards. The cavalry set is flanked by the two towers and, in the back, are the two pieces of the iron-rod gate. There are a lot of pieces in this set, and that makes it heavy. Unfortunately the rod-iron gate in the back makes the set sort of hard to grip and play with. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy this set and it really ties in my caslte collection with my Lego move and Lego City collection, but it is bulky and somewhat difficult to grip.

The micromanager is a cool asset and fun to assemble and play with. The civilian mini figure (Sally Shoehorn) is fairly plain and the object of "saving" from the cavalry figures. She comes with two faces, a smirk and a fearful look. The castle characters have one face, one with a red haried beard and one with a darker beard.

Bottom Line: I have to say that this set is a lot of fun and blends two extremely different types of sets (castle and modern). Although the set is heavy it is completely unique, fun, imaginative and a cool use of castle sets. There are a lot of pieces, the opportunity to build two different things with the same pieces and three fun mini figures. I enjoyed building it and really enjoy the unique way they put this castle set to use!
on January 5, 2015
Lego products are always great. This happened to fit my kid's likes perfectly as he loves the lego movie and castle sets, and building multiple things. We both love that you can build a castle or a spaceship type thing with it. A great addition to any lego collection.
on March 2, 2015
I do not know how to 'grade' these LEGO items. Therefore I cant say it got 5 stars for the product itself. But, our grandson is deep into the LEGO things... and especially the Star Wars ones. He was VERY PLEASED with this gift! Seemed to have no problem putting it together - - - he looked at the instructions with it... and put it together right away! He is 8. The 5 star is because he thought it was wonderful... and as many as he has . . he would be the one to KNOW if they are great or not!
on March 23, 2015
Well, of COURSE I love this! I partially got this to fill out my LEGO Movie collection, but it's also very neat because of the 2-in-1 build. The only problem is that I can't have both builds unless I get another. Darn.
on December 27, 2014
The most requested Legos kit by my 5 year grandson. He is over joyed with it. Would usually recommend this for a little older child, but he has been playing Legos for several years and has a knack for the little pieces.Great kit! Thanks.
on June 12, 2014
I chose the 5 star because my grandson is all about Lego. This is one of the things he told me to get for his 8th birthday.
I will be taking it to him when I see him in July, so presumably ally pieces will be in box. I am sure he will love it. He saves all of his
boxes also. His shelves in his walk-in closet are lined with Lego Ninjago and now Lego Movie boxes.

I received it on lime. This Lego stuff all seems high-priced to me, but what do I know, I never bought boy toys before grandchildren, had all girls.
on March 1, 2014
We purchased the Lego Movie Castle Cavalry for our grandsons for St. Valentine's Day. They loved it and had a wonderful time putting it together. It was just difficult enough that they had a longer time to enjoy working on it. They were so happy to receive it.
on June 16, 2014
I purchased this for one of my grandson's for his birthday present....since he opened it he has played with it on almost a daily basis. That's a hit in my book!
on April 2, 2014
It was a gift for my grandson after he saw the movie. He liked it very much. The directions were clear and he was able to follow
them by himself.