5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, awesome LEGO model!!
I am an adult fan of LEGO. I have been collecting LEGO on and off since I was a child. While I am not the biggest fan of Ninjago being an adult female, I do enjoy the ingenuity of a few of the models in this line.

Published on June 28, 2012 by Pushpin

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product
As with all the Lego products, my 10-year old son liked it a lot. The only thing that he was not too happy about was that, once completed, it is difficult to keep the figure from standing up.
Published 23 months ago by Sean Lee

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, awesome LEGO model!!, June 28, 2012
This review is from: LEGO Ninjago 9448 Samurai Mech (Toy)

While the Samurai Mech certainly isn't the cheapest in this line, I think it is one of the best. I originally purchased this set for the parts rather than the model design. It does make a great parts pack. There are a lot of red and dark red wedges, wedges, slopes and tiles. There are also quite a few interesting L-shaped pieces that I haven't seen before. This may be great for implementing new building techniques. You also get a few unique pieces like the black dome wedges and the train grills.

While the design might look a little ridiculous in pictures, I had a really different experience after putting it together. Obviously it isn't the most intimidating or the most sleekest mecha ever built, but it is fun. It is meant to be played with rather than be placed on the shelf. It holds together surprisingly well. A few of the hinged pieces may fall of during play (but that's always expected with LEGO and rough play) but all the smaller pieces are locked in pretty well. It is much more sturdier than the mech models of the Exo Force line a few years back. Doesn't feel like it will crumble in your hands.

The building process was really fun. It isn't too much of a challenge so I don't think younger children will have a problem. There were a lot of interesting techniques used so if you're interested in that aspect of LEGO, I highly recommend picking up this set.

The model includes a giant sword, a laser canon, an actual canon that fire LEGO cylinders. The model has a clawed hand, the over sized-samurai helmet and tilts backward so you can place the pilot in the cockpit. One thing I didn't like about this model is that it is a bit difficult to place a minifig in the cockpit. The mech swivels 360 degrees at the waist.

I loved that the Samurai Mech minifigure is a girl! Samurai X has a double faced head, samurai helmet and armor. The two snake minifigs have a catapult and weapon. Really not appealing to me as an adult but I'm sure they're great for younger LEGO builders who especially follow the Ninjago show.

A really great set! Fun build with great techniques, lots of interesting new pieces to add to your collection and a great model to play with overall. Great for Ninjago fans as well as any LEGO fan wanting to add to their parts collections.

One caveat: check the LEGO website for the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price before buying. I paid a much, much lower price in-store than what is advertised by third-party sellers on Amazon. Third-party sellers on Amazon typically overcharge. (Research before you buy!)

NOTE: This is now retired, no longer available through LEGO and difficult to find at retail price.

5.0 out of 5 stars As expected!, November 25, 2012
This review is from: LEGO Ninjago 9448 Samurai Mech (Toy)
My 10 year grandson was thrilled to get it for his b-day! He was not disappointed in the least. This package arrived in excellent condition, and on time!!! Thank You!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, December 7, 2012
This review is from: LEGO Ninjago 9448 Samurai Mech (Toy)
We love all things lego at my house. This is a good set for a reasonable price as far as Lego pricing goes. I get why legos are so expensive though. They do last forever.

5.0 out of 5 stars Legos, September 17, 2012
This review is from: LEGO Ninjago 9448 Samurai Mech (Toy)
I really like the toy ive seen it in stores but found it much cheaper here then any where else. I recomend buying this toy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lego, January 20, 2013
This review is from: LEGO Ninjago 9448 Samurai Mech (Toy)
My grandson is into Legos big time and enjoyed putting this one togther. I must say Legs is rather expensive, so I waited until there was a buy 1 get 50% off another before I bought it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun, January 16, 2013
Julie (Grovetown, GA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LEGO Ninjago 9448 Samurai Mech (Toy)
I bought this for my 8 year old. He has not been a huge fan of Lego items simply for the time it takes to put one of these together. However I will say the step by step directions are great and pretty simply to follow. However it did take both of us, one the assembler and one the parts department. :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Grand daughter loved it., November 21, 2012
Bob In Beacon "Bob I" (Beacon, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LEGO Ninjago 9448 Samurai Mech (Toy)
This is the girl hero in Ninjago! My grand daughter was intrigued when her cousin came to visit and built a Ninjago Lego Kit while he was here. She wanted her own, " The Girl One", so she got it and loved building it by herself and with our help.

5.0 out of 5 stars My nephew loves it!, May 1, 2013
This review is from: LEGO Ninjago 9448 Samurai Mech (Toy)
Bought as a Christmas present for my nephew and he loves it. I need to get him the whole collection now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Samurai X!, January 20, 2013
This review is from: LEGO Ninjago 9448 Samurai Mech (Toy)
Yes it has a wonderful Lego samurai robot. Yes, there's not much cooler than Lego ninjas. The real draw is Samurai X, though. With a name like that how can you not want this set? It's both cool and mysterious! Buy the set, build the samurai mech, and kick baddies into next week with Samurai X!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ninjago Samurai, January 14, 2013
This review is from: LEGO Ninjago 9448 Samurai Mech (Toy)
Love, love, love, love, love it!! THIS IS THE BEST TOY EVER! I LOVE ALL LEGOS! I am very happy!

LEGO Ninjago 9448 Samurai Mech