Top positive review
12 people found this helpful
on July 13, 2011
Originally wasn't interested in NinjaGo but upon seeing this model built at my local Lego Store I really dug the design of the chopper with the large, beefy back tire, big flames from the exhaust and a great lookin' skull headed hammer to smash all in its path!
Also with this kit, the price is right. 157 + pieces and 2 cool minifigs with great weapons for $15.00usd is spot on.
The Skull Motorbike is a fairly straight forward build. 48-page instruction booklet showing some technic building but overall a satisfying and easy build. No repetition.(For the young ones, help them with the technic parts of the kit to get it right).
The chopper measures about 9" long and about 11" with the added, large flame pieces and has nice details and a killer play feature.
- Has the right tilt and slant of a chopper with the smaller front tires and the larger, beefy back tire which helps the model stand up very well.
- Large skull head which when you 'flip' the technic pin on the right side of the bike flings forward ala' a smashing motion. Works well.
- Spiked handle bars can be used as spearing or tripping weapons.
- Rear, bone mud-guard detail.
- Left and right of gas tank are handles for additional minifigures to hold onto and ride into battle along with Chopov!
- MINIFIGURES: Ninja of Lightning JAY with black samurai sword, removable cowl and his wonderful pearl gold 'new' Nunchucks of Lightning...which is one of 4 Golden Weapons of Spinjitzu (the others are the Shurikens of Ice, the Scythe of Quakes, and the Sword of Fire, found in other kits).
Also we have Skeleton of Earth CHOPOV with new black army helmet (often at first glance looks like a Nazi helmet but its the same from the Toy Story Green Army Men), spiked and well detailed armor and bone handled bronze axe!
- No spinners for either Jay or Chopov.
I recommend picking this set up. Cool lookin' skull chopper with great play features, a sturdy model, fun minifigs to add to any collection(with unique weapons), good new parts to add to Moc's and Mod's (gives ya' ideas for Ghost Rider or Lobo style bikes)...all of this for an excellent parts to price ratio! Don't pass it up...:)