Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean - Nintendo Wii
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

Platform: Nintendo Wii|Change

on March 6, 2013
Looking at my Wii Games i have 7 other Lego titles, my girlfriend and I have been playing them since we got our Wii 4 years ago. They were fun and we 100% completed all of them, Then came Harry crasher, can't finish the main story because it keeps fatal crashing and corrupting the save file! Then comes Pirates and TT did nothing to fix many of the same issues that plagued the past title. 2 more titles have come out and We haven't even considered them because TT released a couple broken games and did nothing to fix them or offer refunds!
on June 27, 2013
After loving the Star Wars series, I personally think the Pirates game takes it a step further, and no Lego game since has been designed as well. Its very playable for all ages, and yet provides hours of challenge without a ton of frustration. Its got great a great home base with lots of extras to explore and very creative battle moves. We encountered maybe 4 times when we had to shut down and start a level over, but thats the lowest percentage of Lego game glitches we've had. The game will surprise and entertain you whether you've seen the films or not. If all Lego games where designed this well, I'd own them all.
on January 22, 2012
I bought this game for our granddaughter who is 10. She says she absolutely loves playing it. It is a keeper - go buy it!
on August 2, 2011
This is a cool and fun game, ... despite the freezes. Seems true to the Pirates Of the Caribbean movies. Quite fun to re-live the scenes through the game. So many options. So many characters. So many possibilities. So many treasures. So many adventures. So adictive.

Yes,... it does freeze occasionally,... but so far that didn't really bother us (me and family). As a matter of fact, at times, I even welcome the freeze, since it serves as an 'obligatory' 10 or 15 minutes pause from the game. At one particular spot, it's even quite funny, when the character get stuck in the middle of the air, and continue to fall over and over (as in an infinite loop) to pieces on the paved road. Every time this happens, we laugh, and watch it for a few seconds before continuing (the 2nd player). If you are playing with two players, the second player usually can continue to play, till the first player gets 'released' or something.

But I can imagine that people will find the freezing irritating. Fortunately it only happens very occasionally to us, and so far has not been a problem. I suppose if you are older, and can break away form the game, this won't be much of a problem. I suspect kids, and younger people will have more an issue with it, but will eventually get used to it.
on March 31, 2013
I love this game, but then I love all Lego games. I think this is the first one where you can run around separately while in 2 player mode instead of having to keep close to each other. Big plus in my book for that one.
on July 3, 2011
I purchased 's this as a graduation gift for my son when he graduated from PK-4. It took him a three weeks but was able to complete 100%. I love the Lego games as it is something we enjoy doing together.
on July 8, 2011
This is an amazing game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love how the ships look in the game, the humor, the charecters, everything! One of the funniest things is that Jack Sparrow (captain!) walks, runs, and acts while he holds his compass just like he does in the movie! It is incredibly easy to enjoy, but not to easy that is boreing. Also, it is in my opinion one of the best in al the lego series. One thing I'm not sure they have is the create your own level feature, so i hope later if ind out that they do. If anyone knows, please put ina review! Also, I know that there are glitches and stuff, but face it: every lego game i ever played was infimous in all games for haveing numerous freeze-ups and stuff, even the older plain old fasion x-box ones. Also, if you loose progress due to a glitch its not that ahrd to get back to where you were when the glitch happened!
If you like pirates, the movies, adventure, comedy, awesome multiplayerness, lots of replay value, or just good ol' fasion lego games, get this now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
on July 8, 2011
My husband and I had a lot of fun renting this title for a few nights and decided to buy. However, we are now regretting our decision because they clearly rushed it to market. The game has many uncurable glitches (even if you drop out, you're still stuck) especially during boss battles. Characters got stuck INSIDE objects some times. The game also freezes often at and makes the Wii make a horrible angry noise. Load time is also slow when moving from room to room and changing characters in the port is also really slow. It's like they paid really cheap programmers and tested it on monkeys.

I think we would have been happier saving our money and continuing the cheap nightly rentals that are now available via...those nightly rental kiosks. It's not one we'll want to play over and over again since we'll be lucky to get through it the first time.
on June 25, 2011
I purchased this game for my 2 boys (age 9 and 11). They have the other Lego character/movie games. They LOVE it! The graphics are great, there are many levels, hidden items to find and the characters are all there. They would spend hours playing if I let them! It is also fun and challenging for adults and even my 5 yr old daughter likes to try to play! Definitely money well spent.
on February 15, 2012
I'm a video game momma and I got this game for my son after renting it from Redbox and we got hooked. The game had a few glitches, but I never played a game that didnt have a glitch. Our game froze a few times when playing one of the stories, I forgot which one, but I turned the Wii off and then back on and it was fine.

It is a very high quality game, a funner version of the movie that is pretty true to the movie and we hated that it came to an end :(