Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: LEGO The Lord of the Rings Hobbit Gandalf Arrives (9469)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on March 11, 2014
It's a good looking set, but quite a bit pricey for the amount of pieces. I've read about a certain golden ratio of price per piece, and this one certainly falls short, but all in all it looks good. I bought it as a present for my girlfriend, and this was the cutest set I could find. All the rest were war-like scenes of the story, which are probably awesome, but didn't quite cut it as birthday material in my case.
on October 28, 2012
When Lego announced that they would sell the Lord of the Rings collection, I became a Gollum looking for his beautiful ring.

I decided to buy first the small box, which is Gandal Arrives, and I must to say that every detail of this toy has made me enjoy. Gandalf the Grey came with his cape, beard, rod and hat. The tumbril came with a brown horse, with a beautiful white mark in his front head. The chair in the tumbril, only let one minifigure stay in there. In the tumbril back, you can put the barrel in which you can put the fireworks (2 normal and 1 dragon firework) and a bag with carrot.

Frodo, has his hobbit suit, the book (which you can open or close), the envelope (with seal) and two faces(happy and worried in the back and front head).

It's beautiful and you can enjoy it.
on December 9, 2013
I got a lego monster fighters set with 243 pieces for $16.50. thats almost 3 times the amount of pieces that this has and it this is 5 dollars more. its only 83 pieces!!...???

grr... i love lego, but they take advantage of us! it's a nice set though.. not worth 21$ though. 10 tops.
on January 22, 2013
Between my husband and I we made sure to purchase enough of the LOTR sets to receive one of each mini figure. Obviously we have several Frodos now but I am glad that this is the one we used to get our hands on Gandalf.
on November 22, 2012
The little girls loved it, but if that delight were not nearly priceless I would be far less pleased with my purchase. LEGOs are so darned expensive! I bought this on sale, which means I spared myself a dollar or two.
on January 30, 2013
Very simple and fun to build. It definitely was a fun activity to pass time and enjoy building it. Look forward to more simple LOTR sets by LEGO. Was the best price on Amazon from anywhere else and am glad to buy from amazon.
on December 27, 2012
I bought this for my nine-year old's birthday, and he loved it. We both put it together and though it was easy, it still was fun and not too easy. It looks so nice sitting on his dresser. Love this!
on October 31, 2012
Bought this for my six year old son for his birthday. Basically, he likes the Gandalf minifig and the horse and that's all he uses of the set. The rest just was pushed aside after the build. I don't think much of the set and would not recommend this to others.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 5, 2014
The children received all of the LOTR Lego sets for Christmas 2012 and it took almost a year to complete them. Rainy day afternoons were often filled with Legos. They children have a special table in the play room where the LOTR Legos are displayed and played with.
on February 14, 2013
Not a whole lot to say here, the pictures show you pretty much everything you're getting. I was impressed with the detail of the set, and how nice everything looks. I have it sitting on my desk at home, and it looks great. It's a nice way to get a little bit of LOTR without taking up too much space or too much money.