Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Disturbed $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services gotS5 gotS5 gotS5  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Big Savings in the Amazon Fall Sportsman Event Learn more

on January 30, 2013
I love the Lego brand of games, and have played nearly all of them (Star Wars TCS, both Harry Potters, Batman, Pirates of the Caribbean).

This game was clearly experimental. On the one hand, the new RTS mode (think StarCraft) where you collect studs, build weapons, and take over territory is very fun, but it should have been a separate game altogether. The normal Lego fair (story mode and free play) definitely suffered in this game.

(1) There are levels where you have to switch between sets of characters, which is fine in one player, but is totally lame in co-op, since you have to wait for your partner to do something before you can advance, and you cannot switch over to help them if they are stuck.
(2) The vehicle levels involve sections where you have to land and exit the vehicle, which in itself is neat, but the rest of the vehicle level is too simplistic because of it.
(3) Free play was very lame. Basically, Lego just places a bunch of Dark Side objects, metallic objects, and gold objects around the level that you can totally see during story mode but cannot get until free play mode. Instead of adding new challenges and areas for free play, free play in this game just devolved into collecting the stuff you knew was there but couldn't get the first time.

Anyway, I compliment Lego for trying something new, and I am not necessarily suggesting that this game is not worth a play. The experimental stuff is certainly worth experiencing. However, you have to understand going in to it that it IS experimental and that the normal Lego elements are not as excellent as I have come to expect in the Lego line.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on March 24, 2011
The game has improved on just about everything. First Lego games were already good. Now their better. The Jedi have better skills with the fore. They can force push objects into other objects with having to line them up in a straight line. Hold the B button and a circle will appear on the designated target, release and watch it hit. You can now throw your lightsaber at a predesignated target. Or randomly. And the Jedi all have their own moves when it comes to their lightsaber swings. Flying has improved also, not sure how to describe it, but it's definitely better than the others. I have yet to play the whole game, but the mission now have objectives. Not kill this many enemies, but rescue this person, defeat this creature, open the vehicles for the Jedi, close them for take off, destroy these buildings...and when they are done, so is the mission. Seems to be no more, follow the path till you reach the end kind of missions. Plus there are so many more ways to complete the missions. Destroy things with a lightsaber, or a gun, maybe even use a vehicle and grab a torpedo to destroy them. Bottom line, if you love or even just like Lego games, this one is a must!
on October 22, 2013
When I bought this, I had 2 initial thoughts. It would be sort of humorous and would have a short campaign. I was half-right, it was humorous but the campaign was a lot longer than expected. the only critical thing I have to say is that it's completely boring without a friend or relative to play it with. Anyways, the story jumps between the seasons of the clone wars, and it's divided into 3 parts. Asajj Ventress, General Greivous, and Count Dooku. The parts combine together in the beginning and the end. however I personally found Grevous' part of the campaign the best. But overall, the graphics were great the sound was nice, should have had voice actors but very worth it. it should be a platinum hit.
on January 8, 2012
This was a Christmas gift for my 7-year old son. He liked the other Lego games (Star Wars, Indiana Jones, etc.), but he's hardly stopped playing this one long enough to breathe. He absolutely loves it. It is *not* just more of the same exact thing as the other games -- they have added significant differnet gameplay elements. Here are my son's thoughts: "This is the best game ever! I like the funny clips -- even more funny than the other games. This game is way different from the other Lego Star Wars games becuase the army battles are very different. My favorite character is R2D2 or Anikin, but there are lots of other characters that aren't in the other games."
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
We enjoy the Star Wars collection, especially in Lego. This game provides hours of fun, is very challenging, and enjoyable. The game is colorful, and has many different areas with several tasks. My daughter loves Xbox 360 Lego games, and this one has become her favorite.

The game is not difficult, or frustrating in comparison to some Xbox video games. This one keeps your mind focused, and becomes more-and-more entertaining the longer you play it.

Another bonus feature is purchasing this game at a reasonable price, and I've seen it at stores for much higher than Amazon. Totally satisfied, and highly recommended!
on July 5, 2011
Best LEGO game I've played to date. Unlike previous games this one has multiple different elements from RTS and vehicle based missions, to the standard story and free-play modes. Like every LEGO game though, there is a fair amount of repetition and we always wish there was that one character that they didn't include, but overall this is a fun game and for the $ will provide you with literally, days of entertainment/distraction. So I gave it 4 stars for the fun level, just because of the tedium factor (especially for 100% completionists like myself), but 5 stars overall because the variety and depth of the various game components.
on December 14, 2011
I almost didn't know what to expect from this game, even after having played the beta version. But it looks great, and each Jedi character is even more specific in how they fight. Before, it was Darth Vader and Yoda, and then the younger versions of them and also Obi Wan who were the strongest fighters. Now everyone has something slightly different to offer. And not only that, but now there's a new aspect to the game where it's based on strategy style game play..building weapons and troupes to take over the "other side". It's super fun, and again, the game looks great. I'm enjoying it. : )
on April 16, 2011
I love this game!! I just can't quit playing it! TT has done well once again - making this a fun game for all of us who are just sick of the RPG and first person shooter games. This is a nice break from all the COD/Homefront/Halo out there. Just good fun. Have to shoot all the time, but when it's just legos, that is what makes it fun!
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I have played all the lego games with my son, and this is my favorite!
This is a 'Real Time Strategy' game. A RTS is a game like StarCraft, Red Alert, WarCraft Frozen Throne, etc.
My son could put down the joystick at any time for any game but this.
I love playing this with my boy!

Update 7-20-2014
Must get kids games:
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs - Xbox 360 (3-6 year old, 2 player, easy and fun)
Toy Story 3 The Video Game - Playstation 3 (3-9 year old+, 2 player, FPS for kids)
Rio - Xbox 360 (3-9 year old+, 4 player, 30+ Party games for kids)
Lego Batman (3-7 year old+, 2 player, puzzler, 3rd person shooter)
Disney Universe - Xbox 360 (4-10 year olds, 4 player, fast action w/mini games, pure arcade play)
Rayman Origins - Xbox 360 (4-9 year old, 4 player, arcade side scroll er)
LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes - Xbox 360 (4-9 year old+, 2 player, huge world, action-adventure, younger kids need older player)
LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean - Xbox 360 (4-12 year olds, 2 player, nice variety of puzzle-gameplay, younger kids need older player)
LEGO Star Wars III The Clone Wars - Xbox 360 (5-9 year old+, 2 player, RTS game for kids)
Lego: Marvel Super Heroes (5-14 year olds, 2 player, younger players need to play with older player to navigate world, gameplay fan-tastic, low puzzles)
LEGO Lord of the Rings - Xbox 360 (6-14 year olds, 2 player, my son at 5 struggles but can play with heavy guidance from me, fun game, dad approved, low puzzles)
Minecraft - Xbox 360 (6-17 year olds, 2 player (can be large multiplayer) creative gameplay)
Rest of Lego games are all worth playing, if it wasn't for lego games XBOX would be a vast wasteland for kids under age 8. :)
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
ok, so I was a fan of the original LEGO games (up until they promised to "make it better" with LEGO Indy 2) and this one feels a bit more like a return to form of the originals... I enjoyed the hub level structure of the Star Wars games, the first Indy, and Batman. AI is STILL thicker than molasses and will stand right in front of you while you try to fight off a single enemy... it'd be nice if that could be patched... or my favorite so far: I hold a rocket launcher. Yoda stands next to a droid (and of course doesn't do anything) and the droid attacks me. So I shoot my rocket launcher at him. Take a guess what the auto-targetting directs it to? YODA! who of course doesn't take too highly to that, so he redirects it straight back to me... I die, lose studs, and broken characters get to go die in a ditch... l-(

Now while I do like the hub type structure (a slight change from what it used to be, that makes it more in tune with the SW Universe, I think) there seems to be little connectivity between levels. What I mean by that is, you follow the 3 major villains of The Clone Wars: Dooku, Grievious, and Ventress. My problem with that is: the villains duck in and out throughout the timeline! In reality, you could chase Dooku through a level, then go after Grevious for 3, then Ventress, then Grevious. But the way they actually put the progression together, you go after Dooku EXCLUSIVELY! (or Grievious, or Ventress, whoever you choose) so there's not really much in the way of a story progression, for the Clone Wars Saga. Perhaps a better way to go would've been to let us follow the story of certain key Jedi, have a campaign for Skywalker/Asohka/Kenobi, another one for Windu, and I don't know... a whole 6 levels of playing as Yoda (BLECH!) though I do admit he is better than he was in the first LEGO Star Wars... his "walk" is not like he's trying to be slow and sneaky... its an actual walking pace.

With all that said: I do think I'll be finishing this one. Which is more than can be said of LEGO Indy 2 or LEGO Harry Potter. Or I'll try finishing it... at least until LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean comes out.