Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: LEGO Star Wars 9500 Sith Fury-class Interceptor
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on July 12, 2012
Beauty beyond measure. This is the greatest lego set i have ever built, and it also contains the greatest Mini figure i have ever owned, Darth Malgus.

The printing on this mini figure is incredible, not to mention the new, flat cape, and shoulder armor/mask.

The 2 sith troopers are also awesome.

The shape of the ship is just glorious, The wings have an amazing amount of detail, from the flat plates to the hydraulic extensions.

Also note, if you take out the chair, you can stand darth malgus in the cockpit without messing up his cape. ((after all, in the trailer, he WAS standing when the ship opened.

This ship is NOT to scale, but it is marvelous. I hope to see a full scale ultimate collecters edition some day. ((The real ship's entirior is house-size.

9.9 / 10

Ways it could have been a 10: Include the sith assassin that was in the scene with Malgus, and clips to hold the Top flaps in place the same way the bottom flaps are.

if you can only get one lego set this Summer. GET THIS ONE.
44 comments| 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 5, 2012
I am a 23 year old mechanical engineer and was blessed with a childhood enriched by LEGOs! ;) I haven't tinkered with them for the majority of college (well, the NXT kits were part of a design class so that's not ENTIRELY true). I bought this kit mostly for nostalgic reasons and also because it just looks spectacular! It did not disappoint.

Construction took the entirety of the presidential debate (that's 1.5 hours). The ship is sturdy, has enough intricate components to keep you entertained, and in the end makes for a beautiful desk piece. Frankly, I won't be doing any of the "swooshing" that others mention, but I don't foresee any problems there.

Lastly, I've always been very impressed with Amazon, their discounted prices, and speed of delivery. Customer service has also never let me down. Regarding the price, I bought this set for $76 (Normally $90, 15% off). I also purchased the X-Wing for $50 (Normally $60, 17% off) and the Republic Frigate for $83 (Normally $120, 30% off). All three of these sets are well worth it, but I digress.

Enjoy!
on July 16, 2012
This is the best set ever! Even though it is $90 bones it's still awesome. Love the intercepter great features. The sith troopers are the greatest troopers of all time and the helmets are cool. Darth Malgus is in my opinion the coolest figure ever love the new one-wholed cape and the armour is just incredible and everyone thinks Darth Malgus is awesome.
on September 12, 2012
So lately I've been eying LEGO a lot whenever I go to stores. I'm 31 and I felt a bit ridiculous buying something like this, also I'm not all that into Star Wars (but do like space ships haha). Anyways it's been a month of me walking by and considering buying something for myself to play with and I finally caved and snagged this. I don't regret it I had a lot of fun building this and it looks great. So much detail!
on November 28, 2012
which always makes me a little worried in a parental sort of way. He saved money from gifts, allowance and extra jobs and as a mother I'd hate for him to be disappointed. As a mother though I also have to let him learn the value of researching a toy, saving money for a desired object, and learning to live with disappointment if need be.

I should have known better though. As a LEGO toy it's hard to imagine that SOME fun couldn't be had. There's always room for spare parts to be generated to create an independent galactic fleet (which is a way to get tons of fun from bulk buys of random pieces by the way) if all else fails.

Specifically with this toy though, it's a great one. Complicated enough for a 10 year old boy to enjoy and fun enough for his Dad to help him with--but he can do it himself. All for an end product that is fun to play with (and perhaps chase around that random independent galactic fleet that was created too).

Extremely fun and my son has been ecstatic with this toy.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED for the Lego fan and the Star Wars fan.

JTG

edited for grammar :P
on August 9, 2012
The ship is fun to put together and goes great with my Star Wars Collection (including my Darth Malgus statue); it also looks really cool. I like that Darth Malgus is in the package and has some troopers to go along for support. Overall I am really happy with the ship and details that were put into the conception of the model; however I dislike the rear opening where the troopers are located because it is flimsy and moves when it isn't supposed to (it would have been really cool to have the rear opening similar to the ship in the game or a locking mechanism to keep it in place. I will say the ship is more of a model than anything else because of the way it is constructed, it is not like the Lego sets I remember when I was younger. The cool looks of the ship and that it is my favorite ship in the Star Wars universe are the benefits that made the purchase worth every penny.
on November 7, 2013
Another great Lego Star Wars ship. It's a bit flimsy, and way too fragile for my 6yo to play with, but he loved it all the same. It has lots of great wing shapes that will come in very handy when we build our own custom ships. As always, Lego bricks were of exceptional quality and I'm sure they will last for many years to come (like they always do).
on March 29, 2013
I play the Old Republic and one of my characters was a Sith class that used this ship in the game, so I had to get this. The Darth Malgus figure is very cool and the Sith troopers are neat, too. It was fun to put together & looks slick. Even if you don’t play SWTOR, though, any Star Wars fan will enjoy this one.

I love the idea of Old Republic Legos and hope they release more (especially the Jedi corvette, *HINT, HINT, Lego!*).
on June 11, 2013
This sucker is NOT easy... Make sure your 9 year old has an amazing mount of focus for his age because it is not something you just throw together. it took me almost 3 hours and I've been building for 25 years. Its heavy, and complicated, and there's a lot to it. yes the scale is off a bit but honestly if you built it to scale it would be at least twice the size and well beyond my price range.
The bottom line is I love it, but be prepared to help your child. Its gonna be on shelve display for me so I honestly cant tell you how it would hold up to children playing with it.
on January 17, 2013
Buildability: This set was easy to build, up until it came time to put on the wings. The connections are difficult to find and when they finally connect, the side panels with the stickers get knocked off easily. Another thing to point out is that there is no place for Darth Malgus' light saber. All three minifigs fit into the ship, with the troopers having there own detachable compartment in the back and Magus in the cockpit.

Official LEGO description: On board the lethal Fury-class Interceptor, the evil Sith Lord Darth Malgus scans his instruments for Republic-occupied territory. Armed with 4 missiles and folding wings, the Sith Fury-class Interceptor's large hold can also be used to transport Sith ground troops into the heart of the battle. Who will defeat the evil Sith Lord?

Minifigs: Darth Malgus and 2 Sith Troopers.

Value: The price at first looks a little daunting, however this one has great playablity and the minifigs are detailed and a real treat for fans of the Old Republic.

Overall rating: 4.5 stars, half star removed for the wings issue.