Truck Month Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback May4th

on January 2, 2013
Just completed building the Headhunter and it's my least recommended SW 2013 set.

For fans of the ARC-170 Starfighter (8088 and 7259) or the recent X-Wing (9493), there is definitely a striking resemblance in terms of color scheme and ship design. Quantitatively speaking, the Headhunter is about half the ship of either.

While it does have a nice heft, it feels like LEGO skimped on the construction of this model, in several ways:
1) Extremely poor stickers. They are neither glossy nor transparent. What you get is a paper-grade sheet of decals that is not smooth to the touch and makes the entire ship look very very cheap - MEGABLOKS quality. With past stickers from LEGO, you can peel midway and reapply without any harm. For folks with OCD (myself), this is a huge plus for perfectly aligning the decals. Now, attempting to adjust the decal will either rip it or leave a glue trail underneath. My advice: do not apply the stickers!

2) While it is expected that the ship only has 2 wings, not having the ingenious mechanism on the 4-wing ARC and X-Wing really does lower the playability and display presentation of the ship. If you remember the Freeco Speeder (8085), the Headhunter is pretty much the same thing, only bigger. It doesn't have any Technic mechanics, no gears, and no levers. Just a flat ship.

3) In terms of size, this does not feel like a $49.99 Star Wars ship. The X-Wing (9493) is just $10 more and has 560 pieces, vs the Headhunter, which has a lacking 373 pieces. I usually don't fret over the brick to price ratio, but the latter looks stale and unimaginative - and small - when placed next to its predecessor.

Now, the good:
LEGO probably figured out the uninspiring design of the Headhunter, so they added in 3 of the most awesome minifigs of 2013.
You get a 501st Legion Clone Trooper, a 501st Clone Pilot, and a new Jedi with an unique double upper torso (like General Kozu from Ninjago).

The latter two are unique to this set, and will surely be the driving factor for moving it off the store shelf. On another note, you only get 1 rifle. I guess the 2 troopers will have to share.

In closing: very small set for the money, ship looks incomplete, horrendous stickers - but great minifigs.
99 comments|32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 18, 2013
This set took me quite a bit of time to build with all the small pieces it consists of. The only main feature of the Z-95 Headhunter is the Technic cannon located underneath the ship. It looks nice as a display piece if you're a collector, or if you're a kid who wants to blast the hell out of a clanker army from the air. The Headhunter is just a flat, simple ship. There is no wing movement or anything that folds out, so there's not a lot of playability.

The main reason why buyers will be attracted to this set because of the new 501st Clone Pilot with a new helmet mold AND the new Jedi General Pong Krell minifigure. My only complaint with Pong Krell is that his two upper arms can't move around a lot, so he looks funny holding both his double-bladed lightsabers in front of his face. This is also one of the first 2013 sets to include the new and highly anticipated 501st Legion Clone Trooper, also with a new helmet mold.

This set does not feel like a $49.99 set, it should be more like $39.99 or $34.99, but I think the addition of three brand new minifigures jacked up the price. This isn't really a set for army building because of the price, but I would recommend buying this set for the minifigures.
on June 11, 2014
Made one kid very happy for this last Christmas. He is into the Star Wars Legos. Granted the Lego Store is or can be slightly cheaper; I'd still turn to Amazon or this seller for the next best price. Arrived on time and in perfect condition!
on February 16, 2015
The Z-95 Headhunter set is incredible. I can't recall if the ship itself was featured in anything other than the expanded universe, but I first encountered it as my first ship in Star Wars Galaxies. When I bought this set I was incredibly excited for sentimental value of it being my favorite starship. It is a great looking model as well as being put together well. It also includes two exclusive figures that are both really good and highly detailed.
on September 5, 2013
How can you go wrong with Star Wars & Lego for a ten year old. As my family headed back home, his mom sent me the link to the place on Amazon. That makes it a great gift. Within two days, I had the box...which was in perfect condition...and the b'day boy loved it! Amazon makes it so easy to buy just the right gift.

He immediately sat down and put it together, but what I like is that he is using his imagination and making other jets, etc. Amazon has totally changed my shopping. I'm not wild about crowds trying to find the right gift for the holidays. My sons & their wives send me the "wish" list from Amazon. I ask them to put up a number of "wishes." That way, they don't know for sure what they will be getting. I have always used it for books, kindles. My latest delivery isn't here yet...It's not suppose to arrive until the ninth. but who knew that furniture would be on the list.
on February 27, 2015
This set features a great vehicle build as well as very cool figures. The ship's look and ability to fire a large missile underneath it is very cool. Kids will really enjoy playing with Jedi Pong Krell, the jedi with four arms and two dual wielded lightsaber blades. However, do NOT spend more than $55 on this set. It is retiring soon, so pick it up quick and at the right price. Highly recommended for any kid or collector alike.
on January 7, 2015
Another win for LEGO! This was a great piece. It took all of just a few hours for our son to put it together, but he takes it apart and then creates another invention. He has a trunk where he keeps all the parts. Keep an eye out for the small pieces when you get the vacuum out or if you have small children.
on January 24, 2014
This is a good lego set and my nephew (6) built it all by himself. I like legos and how kids get creative and concentrate building them. The directions are good and the kid had a lot of fun. The price is better than other stores. Walmart and Target for example were charging $20 more for the exact same Lego set.
on March 1, 2014
My 8 year old son has enjoyed this purchase. Great instruction. And he says this set is a good set to play with as well. It doesn't break easily, and he really likes the cannon at the bottom of the plane/aircraft.
on January 2, 2014
I received specific instructions for what Legos to buy for my 6-1/2 year old grandson for xmas. This was one of three specific items he wanted. I was emailed a picture of his smile with the assembled item. Excellent!