CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
LEGO Star Wars Hoth Wampa Set (8089)
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Set includes 1 new wampa ice creature figure, 1 Luke Skywalker minifigure in Hoth winter gear and 1 Zev Senesca minifigure in snowspeeder uniform
- Wampa cave features lightsaber catapult function and skeleton
- Snowspeeder features opening cockpit and tow cable with string and hook
- Wampa cave measures 7" (18 cm) long and 4" (10 cm) wide and snow speeder measures 7" (18 cm) long
- 297 LEGO pieces
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
- Well designed Snowspeeder. It's quite similar to previous Snowspeeder models but if you've never gotten one it's a must get set. Nice shape and fairly sturdy. Top view looks great (note: I believe the rear gun is different than previous sets).
- Cockpit Opens closes in two parts. Front, longer end opens for pilot, then back section (attached to front canopy) tilts open for rear gunner/navigator.
- Rear toe cable/grappling hook on a wench.
- 2 front cannons and one rear laser/grappling gun.
- Cockpit interior has a sticker panel showing a silohette of an AT-AT.
- Left and right rear wing flaps open to reveal electronic/interior engine details (stickered).
- Wampa Cave is nicely designed with front large cave opening(simply designed) to fit the Wampa itself. Also to the left of the front we have a small, dark gray rock formation (small BURP)
- Interior of cave has stalactites (where you'd attach Luke to, or any unlucky tresspasser).
- Taun Taun skeletal remains.
- A launcher for Luke's lightsaber mimicing his telekinetic force powers from the movie.Read more ›
I am so sick of seeing Lego using cheap stickers for the sets and not printing on the pieces individually. This is a HUGE drawback of the latest sets. Kids can not play with them as little kids are so rough on them that stickers easily come off or get scratched. My son still plays with my old Space legos from the late seventies and early eighties. Those printed pieces are still shiny and bright even though they are heavily used.
The second problem I have with this set and other current sets of the last few years is the lack of true baseplates. I think lego is cutting costs by not including them in sets. This set in particular could have used a printed baseplate with some of Luke's belongings strewn about on the snow as well and maybe signs of a scuffle.
The third problem I have with this set is the design. It is not a well thought out design. Any Star Wars fan or good Lego Designer would not only watch the movie more closely but research other old Toys from Kenner and Hasbro to get set Ideas. Why would you include another badly designed snowspeeder ( with cheap stickers instead of printed parts like the older versions) when you could have had a Tauntaun and a bigger snow cave? Maybe even do what Hasbro did and make a Tauntaun with an opening stomach compartment for Luke to keep warm inside.Read more ›
Hopefully this starts a trend of Lego releasing decent sets in enough numbers that collectors can't gouge families anymore (*cough* CLOUD CITY *cough*).
Boba Fett's Slave 1 is next on the list (A cool new Boba minfig with cape, a new Han in Carbonite and Bossk!).
This set contains 4 minifigs. Of the 4, of course Wampa is the best! Looks really cool! My only complain is that the Wamps figure is not very flexible. Only it's hands move. Also, the figure is bit hunched, so in it's standing position, its difficult to look at it's face. The Luke and Zev minifigs are really neat with good designs on their torsos. Luke's cap is nice and Zev's helmet is really good with some detailed markings. The last minifig is a skeleton, which, is always neat!
Another good item in this set is the snow speeder. After assembling, looks awesome and is very stable. One of the better-looking vehicles in the LEGO Star Wars line.
Last but not the least, is the Cave. It looks really beautiful. The white pieces used to make the cave are very nice. Even some pieces I felt are unique and will not be available in other sets. Like the pieces used to indicate melting snow are cool! There's a piece of carcass which is good. I just wished that the cave should have been bit bigger and should have included more pieces.
The one thing which I didn't like about this set is that it involved stickering. LEGO should manufacture printed pieces rather than the buyer having to put the stickers on the pieces. Sometimes the pieces will be very small and you may not get the sticker right in first attempt. And then you have to again remove and put. This may take few trials and by then the sticker may become a bit crumpled.
After from this small complaint, this set rocks! In fact, I am so tempted that I will buy ANOTHER Wampa set!! Why? Just because I simply loved the Wampa and what can be better than one Wampa but two Wampas!?! '
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I was really pleasantly surprised by how cool this set is. First off it has the latest and greatest in snow speeders, which is always cool. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Cary C.
Purchase for Christmas gift for family, they like it very much.Published 18 months ago by Michael C.
Gave this a Its Okay rating as I purchased this as a gift and have asked how they like it and get a typical younger person answer of Its Okay so have just passed this rating on.Published 21 months ago by Ron
very good product.
it was as decried for me/
thank you very much for delevery on time as you said
Our grandson loved this gift and easily put it together on Christmas Day while we all watched. No surprise here, legos are always a nice gift and extra special when it's a Star... Read morePublished on January 3, 2014 by LKMurphy
Excellent boo ya son come then some to the tune of two twenty two and then some son. Bamm Bammm!Published on November 8, 2013 by Benjamin Allen