LEGO Star Wars III The Clone Wars - Playstation 3
|Price:||$19.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
- For the first time, players experience their favorite stories from Star Wars: The Clone Wars and the Clone Wars TV series, retold in the amazing LEGO world that they know and love
- Using the Force in all new ways to control LEGO objects, players will solve puzzles, access new areas, pick up and throw enemies - even turning them into weapons
- Take control of battalions of clone troopers against the relentless droid army - building bases, deploying vehicles and calling in reinforcements to defeat opponents
- New clone weapons including rapid fire guns and rocket launchers, as well as all new massive capital ships
- Improved dynamic split screen for multiplayer co-op with jump in/jump out abilities for friends and families to play together
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Platform: PlayStation 3
Top Customer Reviews
The issue that I really have with this new game is two fold.
1. It is MUCH more complex than the previous games. The puzzles are harder to solve, there are many more actions that can be performed and it requires more fine motor skills (like targeting your light saber when you throw it).
2. There is a lot more happening on the screen at many times, it's distracting. In fact at times it's hard to find 'your guy' or the other guys in your party because there may be 200 attacking battle droids on the screen with you.
I had to resort to googling to figure out how to finish the R2 vs evil R2 level.
Oh that reminds me, another complaint.... some of the levels are WAY TOO LONG. I like to limit the amount of time my kids play PS3 to about an hour long session a couple of times a week. Some of the levels I've seen take WAY longer than that unless you've done it before and make a beeline to complete the level. I wanted to tell the kids, OK that's enough TV, time to turn off the game, but then they lose all progress and would have to start over the next time.
This is a new game to everyone here, so I'm sure given time, the kids will adapt to the new controls and it will all work out, but these are my initial impressions anyway. I would buy it again, but I agree with other reviewers that say it's a step forward in graphics, but a step backwards in terms of actual game play.
GRAPHICS AND AUDIO
---"LEGO Star Wars III" probably looks better than any other LEGO game to date, especially with the character animation and lighting effects. Lightsaber combat looks so exciting, whereas previous "LEGO Star Wars" games had kinda clunky action. There's a lot more background action going on, the levels have a more epic scope, and it all runs very smooth. Keep in mind, though, that the series has started to make the levels look less like LEGO blocks, and more like realistic graphics. In other words, it's not all made of LEGOs, just a good chunk of it. The trend seems to be realistic worlds, LEGO-style characters. Personally, I'm okay with that. The music is very good in this game, and avoids recycling John Williams' music from the 6 feature films. In fact, I find "The Clone Wars" music to be enjoyable to listen to outside of the show or game. The sound effects are the typically-strong quality since they're from the "Star Wars" universe. Aside from that, this is a great-looking and great-sounding LEGO game.
---If you're looking to play these LEGO games for the story, you're going to be disappointed.Read more ›
With the previous Star Wars titles filled with humor and inside jokes - this just felt like a sequel for the sake of a sequel. Usually when you unlock bonus content you're excited, when I did it, I was like "what? There's more? Ugh...."
Also it was super hard to get money in this one - the multipliers are so expensive and in many of these ground battle missions, you die a lot. (or at least I died a lot) so when the level is over, sure you made it, but you have no money left over.
I think they had some great ideas with this game, it clearly was trying to be more creative, but in the end fell flat. Even as I write this there are characters that are locked up in the brig and I have no idea how to free and I am almost 90% done with the game.
My little boy loved playing Indiana Jones and Pirates of the Caribbean, but he quickly looses interest with this one. There just isn't enough going on the screen to keep him interested.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It was too late to give for my Grandson's Christmas gift, and I was guaranteed that the seller would have it here by then.Published 6 days ago by Debbie Wages
This is a really good game to get the kids together. It's mildly challenging and fun for all family members... Read morePublished 1 month ago by F. J. Caruso
Lego games are always fun. Great for kids or the adult kids who love Star Wars too!Published 2 months ago by Susanna Vance