Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on August 14, 2011
This is a massive and amazing set. I'm a huge fan of the original trilogy and lego so have been wanting to get a Millennium Falcon set for several years. Unfortunately I found most of them either far to expensive, or simply not worth the asking price. This one finally hit the sweet spot for me. For $139.99 (or cheaper if you buy it on Amazon or find it on sale) you get six minifigures and a 1200+ piece model that is nearly perfect.

The first thing that I truly love is that the set is pretty much in scale so that you can place all the figures in familiar settings inside the ship. The roof of the Falcon is made up of folding panels that can be opened to reveal most of the interior of the ship. They've included the table where they played virtual chess, Luke's training droid, as well as control panels and beds. The cockpit is a separate section but still fits a figure (I've got Han on pilot duty naturally), and they even managed to work in the dual seat gunners pod and the hidden smugglers compartment.

As for the Minifigures, you get Han and Chewie of course, Luke and Ben Kenobi, and Leia and Darth Vader round things out. I would have liked to see R2-D2 and C-3PO included but that's just a nit pick. Figures come with light sabers for the Jedi and blasters for the rest along with Chewie's crossbow.

The entire set took me about three and a half hours to assemble, which considering I haven't put together even a small set in years seemed like a pretty quick job. The instructions are very easy to follow with the parts nicely separated out into various numbered bags which I assume is standard Lego practice now.

Highly recommend this one if you want a Lego Millennium Falcon. Price is great and the quality is outstanding.
0Comment|130 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 18, 2011
Played with this at a friend's house. He got it for his birthday and took him more than 5 hours to build, and he wouldn't let us take it apart to rebuild! It is impressive! The details on the outside is just like the movie. The fold out panels open the reveal the inside where the minifigs can act out the movie scenes. The size of the Falcon is just right to fly around, not too heavy or bulky, and is actually quite sturdy compared to other Lego sets.

Absolutely stunning set. This is the one set that I really want this year. My parents say it is okay priced and we can get it for Christmas! Now only 4 months to go!
33 comments|86 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 18, 2014
My 7yr old has had this since last Xmas (just over a year now) and he still plays with it and all the other LEGO Star Wars ships we've made along the way. It is a bit heavy and there are a lot of pieces. But, since my son was pretty young when we got it, we decided to use glue to make sure it stays in one piece, and for the most part it has. Super fun.
on September 7, 2011
I saw that Lego had some new Star Wars sets out and got really excited. I didn't have a gift for my husband's birthday that was two days away. Ordered it using Amazon Prime, and got it here the next day. I usually like to rack up points on my lego card, but couldn't wait. Plus I got it at a lower price.

So, the durability of this item when put together really surprised both my husband and myself. You can actually play with it and not worry about it falling apart, like some other sets. It's a great size and lots of neat areas for play. Definitely worth the price!
on December 25, 2011
I bought this Millennium Falcon for Christmas, although I did not buy it off of Amazon, but I got it from LEGO. Anyway, it is a great set and it includes Darth Vader, Hans Solo, Luke Skywalker, Chewbacca, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Princess Lela Organa. It is a great set. Also, it has flick fire missles and a assault turret and other fun stuff. I rate this set up very highly.
on November 4, 2013
I had to give this kit five stars. Yes, it's expensive, but it's the Millennium Falcon, in Lego. It's 1254 pieces! And it includes several mini figures! I bought this for my 8yr old son, who has been dreaming of this kit for most of the year. He just finished building it off and on for the past 2.5 days. He was a little discouraged at first, because he was overwhelmed at the scale of the build. I just encouraged him a little, and settled him down to focus. He rocked the whole build by himself, showing me his progress along the way. Since completing it, he hasn't stopped smiling. Worth. Every. Penny.
review image review image review image review image review image
on December 28, 2012
My son is a serious Lego fan. He is ten and has put together a few 1000+ piece sets that he has played with. His Republic Frigate has held together for months. This one, however, has some serious design flaws and comes apart, even with careful play. He has relegated this one as a shelf-sitter, which is unfortunate because it has some incredible details, like a smuggler's hold.

The minifigures are great, and it was a fun project for him to build. Like the other large sets, it comes in numbered bags. Sections are assembled one at a time, so it's not an overwhelming pile of brick. It took him and his dad 3 evenings to complete. He was looking forward to many adventures with this iconic ship. Sadly, it's just not sturdy enough.

If you are looking for a Star Wars set that has amazing details and is a fun build, for display only, this set is the one.

If you are looking for playability, The Republic Frigate has been sturdier for us overall.
on November 28, 2011
my husband absolutely loves these. he is the biggest lego fan i;ve ever met. they will make your big kid happy too! =)
on December 8, 2014
My 13 year old son asked for this for his birthday...he loved it! He had great fun spending the whole day putting it together and loves to show us the little details. The price is still somewhat high, but I love that he enjoys Legos as an alternative to playing video games.
review image review image review image review image review image
on January 22, 2014
Great! Takes a while to put together. Keep separated in zip lock bags. Have a nice clear area to work on so you don't lose little pieces.