5.0 out of 5 stars Very Fun and Engaging Lego Set
Published 8 months ago by Josh F.

2.0 out of 5 stars not happy with prime prices this
twice the price as in target 16.00.free shipping.not happy with prime prices this year
Published 13 days ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Fun and Engaging Lego Set, April 7, 2014
This review is from: LEGO Superheroes 76017 Captain America vs. Hydra (Toy)
First, I have to say that the image doesn't do the set justice (which is ironic since Capt America is all about justice ;). This set has so many moving parts that just aren't captured in the image. For example, the upper-deck turret with the henchman in it can rotate 360 degrees and the two missiles can each move up and down with almost a 360 degree range of motion. As I was putting this set together, it brought out the inner child in me! There is something about the tank/truck that appealed to me. Between the olive-drab military coloring and rock solid 8-wheel chassis design, this is a solid military vehicle!

Age range: The age range of 6-12 is accurate, but with all Lego products I think a rating of 6+ is more appropriate. The instructions are laid out in a very straight forward way. Each step only adds 1-4 pieces and those pieces are called out in a picture above the instruction that shows where to put the pieces. I would say that a six year old could handle this set. I have built other Lego sets, marketed toward 5 -12, and I would say that this set is a bit more challenging than those ones. It’s not that all five year olds can’t handle this set, but the instructions and build difficulty seem to fit the 6+ description a little better.

Features: Captain America's motorcycle has a clasp that holds his shield. Red Skull has the Tesseract which, presumably powers the vehicle and energizes the two blue-tipped missiles. The henchman controls the turret, which rotates 360 degrees, and can fire the two missiles. The tank/truck itself has two independent shock absorber/wheel assemblies (4 wheels each for a total of 8 wheels). That was probably my favorite part. The way the wheels are set up it gives the set a very rugged, military feel!

Design/Build: As I mentioned above, the instructions are laid out for ages 6 and up. What I particularly like about this set is the tank truck. It has a handful of stickers that really add a World War II, 1940s military feel to the vehicle (i.e. numbers on the side panel and the Hydra logo on the turret). Also, the turret and front of the truck both have yellow stripes, but what is cool is that the turret’s stripes are from a sicker and the tank’s stripes are yellow Lego pieces.

Bottom line: this is a must have for Lego collectors, Marvel fans and Captain America fans. This is a simple set with two vehicles, but the rugged design of the tank truck is phenomenal and the three mini-figures really adds to the playability of the set overall. Definite WIN from Lego.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Captain America Set, March 5, 2014
This review is from: LEGO Superheroes 76017 Captain America vs. Hydra (Toy)
This is only the second Captain America set released by Lego since the new film and this one is much more exciting than the first. The motorcycle and the minifigure are close to the same. Captain America looks a little different, but variations are expected. The new and fun part about this set is the inclusion of the Red Skull and a Hydra soldier. These minifigures are new and look great. The Red Skull looks really cool in Lego. He has decent detail and his face definitely portrays a villain well. The hydra soldier is a bonus. He is nothing spectacular, but it is always a nice addition to have another character.
The best part of the set turned out to be the vehicle. The vehicle did not take that long to build, but it is quite sturdy. The wheels are paired and made to move so that the vehicle can ride over bumps and objects to make it look like it has suspension. It looks really cool when it is driving over things. There is little more than that to set the vehicle apart. The top section rotates and there is a set of flick fire missiles, but overall it is not extremely detailed.
This set is one of the more enjoyable Lego sets that have come out in the past year. The minifigures are great and the vehicle is fun to play with and looks a little intimidating (from a minifigure's perspective of course). This set has the complete package. I highly recommend this set.

Minifigures: 4.7
Vehicle: 4.7
Overall: 4.7

4.0 out of 5 stars HAIL HYDRA!!!, October 21, 2014
This review is from: LEGO Superheroes 76017 Captain America vs. Hydra (Toy)
Wow I was presently surprised with this sets awesomeness.So when I first got this set I didn't expect much from a 20$ set but when I finished building it it's JUST LOOKED SO COOL.So let's talk about the minifigs for a minute, red skull is one of my FAVOIRET villains and he is exclusive to this set, captain america is not exclusive but is a rare figure he only comes in 2 sets (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong thanks) I believe.The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars was because (I know it's not a very big set) I wish it had more hydra agents,that's my only gripe. Ok so now we move onto the to the actual set, so first off captain America's speeder bike, nothing special about it just a regular lego motorcycle
But now on to the hydra jeep thingy (lol) it is super cool!, the wheels are not stiff they are loos wich makes them very easy to roll around :D it has a turret on top for the hydra agent and red skull drives it, it is also very cool looking aswell.
Oh yeah before I go there is one more gripe I have, so I'm pretty sure that the crystal thingy that mr.red skull is using is the tesseract right? Anyway I thought that they should have made it blue instead of clear

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 8, 2014
super set, perfect service

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 2, 2014
This review is from: LEGO Superheroes 76017 Captain America vs. Hydra (Toy)
Awesome Lego set. Love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Father and son loved it!, June 15, 2014
This review is from: LEGO Superheroes 76017 Captain America vs. Hydra (Toy)
This was my 5 year old's gift to my husband for Father's day - they spent the day making it and they both loved it. The Tank wheels are impressive (huge shocks to drive over the motorcycle) and all the other details are very nice on this set.

5.0 out of 5 stars yourgreenbrick - Brickologist report, May 4, 2014
This review is from: LEGO Superheroes 76017 Captain America vs. Hydra (Toy)
We loved Lego 76017 as it comes with the classic Captain America with bike and all the trimmings. If you need parts or this character look us up we loved it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Marvel Legos!, April 28, 2014
T. Rainman (East Haddam, CT United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LEGO Superheroes 76017 Captain America vs. Hydra (Toy)
Ordered as a birthday present for my son, and he loves it. Loses one star due to price -- I know they have to pay to license these things, but it never quite seems that you get what you paid for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grandson loves it!, April 15, 2014
This review is from: LEGO Superheroes 76017 Captain America vs. Hydra (Toy)
This is what my grandson wanted and he loves it. This is also a great learning tool and it makes him think and discover!

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant Lego set, November 1, 2014
This review is from: LEGO Superheroes 76017 Captain America vs. Hydra (Toy)
A brilliant set, all three of the mini-figures are awesome. My only complaint, just one Hydra trooper is included in the set, it would have been nice to have two, but as complaints go, its only a minor one, hopefully Lego might release another set with Arnim Zola & Bucky Barnes, with a few more Hydra troopers in the future...