5.0 out of 5 stars Kids are loving it; great mechanical operation
Published on January 14, 2011 by R. Ferguson

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as fun as non-technic Legos
This is the only technic set I got for my 6 year old son, and he never quite finished building it by himself before losing interest. The technic Legos are different from brick Legos so I think he wasn't used to the idea. I know the age limit is 8-14, so he might be just a tad too young. With the brick Legos though, he can independently build the sets intended for 8+. I...
Published 10 months ago by Momof2

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Kids are loving it; great mechanical operation, January 14, 2011
This review is from: LEGO Technic Mini Mobile Crane 8067 (Toy)
As I've said in other reviews, I very much like these little Technic sets, even for kids below the recommended age range. Yes, you may need to assist on the build, but that's a great opportunity to teach children about reading and following plans. What I especially like about these sets is that they exhibit mechanical functions in a simple and obvious way, AND they hold together better than their brick-built cousins (Lego Technic sets are primarily held together with pins). The Technic sets don't mesh as well with the mini-figures, but enterprising kids still figure out how to combine the two.

This set, introduced in early 2011, is wonderful because it has so much going on. It has four knobs that control the steering, the winch, boom elevation, and outriggers. The outriggers are an especially nice touch. The crane boom rotates freely, which is okay since I've found that kids prefer to directly control such motion. Also, the crane boom extends outward. So the set has a great deal of playability. I would have liked to see Lego produce this set in a different color, perhaps lime green or orange.

The main downside in my book is that the set shows a little price inflation over earlier years. I think the set makes a good gift; it would be a perfect gift at a lower price point. Keep an eye on this set, however, as Amazon (and by that I mean Amazon proper, not the store-fronts) sometimes has very competitive pricing. I expect this set to be available for most of 2011; expect outrageous price increases once Lego delists it. This will be a popular set over the long term.

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive Engireening, September 9, 2011
Brick (Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LEGO Technic Mini Mobile Crane 8067 (Toy)
The first thing that I have to say about this model is that it's TINY! In fact, the picture on the box is nearly twice the actual size of the model, so don't be surprised if the finished product looks very small.
As for the build, it was very simple, but I was extremely impressed by the amount of great functions there were. Lego has packed six functions (raising/lowering boom, extending boom, winch, swivelling upper body, outriggers, and steering) into a set with 292 pieces! That's very impressive.
The play experience is quite good, as the model has a number of creative functions. Also, I found that if you remove the upper body (crane and winch housing), it works very well as a flatbed truck! However, as usual, the B-model can't match the fun of the main model, and I didn't keep it for long before rebuilding it into the main model. The one thing that inspired me about the B-model, however, was the steering system, which is quite neat and well worth using in other models.
Overall, this set was a lot of fun. I would highly recommend it to those looking for a good first Technic set, as it can teach you a lot about Technic mechanisms and parts. However, more experienced Technic builders may find it a little too easy, despite its fantastic engineering.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great Technic starter set, July 16, 2012
This review is from: LEGO Technic Mini Mobile Crane 8067 (Toy)
I got this for my 7 year old, its his first Technic set (not the first Lego, he has a lot, mostly from the city and creator series).
He managed to build it on his own very well, and had fun doing so, as always the Lego instructions are good and easy to follow. The functionality of the crane is very nice (turning wheels, winch for the crane cable, outriggers and elevation) which makes it fun to play with afterwards.
He already wants a more complex Technic set, which, I think, means he liked this one...

As I titled this review, I think this is a great Technic starter/ beginner set.

(I gave it 4 stars on durability as parts can break/bend if enough force is used, it is not less durable than any other Lego set I have seen)

Have fun!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great introduction to Technic, April 26, 2012
This review is from: LEGO Technic Mini Mobile Crane 8067 (Toy)
This is my first Technic model. I enjoyed assembling it and seeing how different the construction is from regular Lego. I'm impressed that someone can dream up a model like this from such abstract parts.

For an adult, the result is a great desktop toy. It's not too big and people enjoye fiddling with it. It's just realistic enough; though the boom doesn't extend far and has no pulley, the outriggers are great and the steering is fun.

My only suggestion for improvement is that the instructions left me pretty much in the dark as to what was going on for many pages, because they're so spread out. I think someone who wants to build this kind of model can handle some more complex diagrams where we can see larger assemblies come together, not just one little piece at a time.

5.0 out of 5 stars My son is a Lego Maniac, hes gonna loove this., December 10, 2011
This review is from: LEGO Technic Mini Mobile Crane 8067 (Toy)
If your child loves Lego, they need to advance to sets like this. My son loves these, and he goes online to find what else he can make. Very fun and the sets join like all others.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun to play with your kids together, January 20, 2012
Tom (STATE COLLEGE, PA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LEGO Technic Mini Mobile Crane 8067 (Toy)
I paid about $19 to get it. It is a very good toy with 2 in 1. The built unit can pretty strong hold the parts together, unlike other Lego. If price is right, pull your tirgger. Recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars YOU MUST READ THIS, December 28, 2011
A Kid's Review
This review is from: LEGO Technic Mini Mobile Crane 8067 (Toy)
I love it!!! The mini mobile crane was a pain in the rear end to build and confusing. It's hard to say bad things about it after it's done. It's very simple to operate. Overall, I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THe box says it is for people who are 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, and 14. I recommend it for people who are 12-16. I hope you found this report very useful. :D :P :) ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars ... son loves this crane and had a lot of fun putting it together, November 30, 2014
This review is from: LEGO Technic Mini Mobile Crane 8067 (Toy)
My son loves this crane and had a lot of fun putting it together. He is 8 and he said it is more difficulty to put together than regular legos, but still was able to put it together by himself

5.0 out of 5 stars Another neat Lego vehicle, June 21, 2014
This review is from: LEGO Technic Mini Mobile Crane 8067 (Toy)
It was a Christmas gift to my grandson. He loved putting it together which took him about 2 hours the day he got it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great product from LEGO, March 28, 2014
This review is from: LEGO Technic Mini Mobile Crane 8067 (Toy)
My nine year old son received this as a Christmas gift and loves it! He put it together in 2 hours.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›