LEGO Technic Power Function Accessory box (8293)
|Price:||$28.52 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
|You Save:||$1.47 (5%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Includes a medium motor, battery box, light cable, switch and additional pieces to add new functions and features to your models
- Power up your LEGO Technic creations!
- Switch and cable measures over 9" (25cm) long; Switch (including orange switch) measures over 1" (3cm) long and under 1" (3cm) high and 1" (2cm) wide
- Battery box measures over 2" (6cm) high, 3" (8cm) wide and 1" (3cm) deep; Light cable measures over 15" (39cm) long
- M-Motor measures over 1" (4cm) wide and under 1" (2cm) high and 1" (2cm) deep; M-Motor and cable measures over 10" (26cm) long
- This supplementary power set comes with motor, battery box, light cable and pole switch
- Use the motor set to power up your LEGO Technic models
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
THE RRP of this set is $29.99. As the title says "BEWARE" because when AMAZON have it in stock their price is usually a little less!
Now when AMAZON are out of stock - the sharks come out - these are Market Place sellers that deliberately do this. At time of writing it is being sold at +50% OVER RRP!!!
Wait till AMAZON get in stock again, these "sharks" use "fulfilled by AMAZON" to fool you.
This is a great product (definitely 5*) good value (at RRP) and can be used to add power functions EASILY to any LEGO set that says you CAN add power functions, those sets usually have instructions on "how to" in the book you got with the set - if they don't then go to LEGO website and search by set number for instructions, which you can download too!
You can also add power functions to other sets but then you are on your own :: YOU need to figure it out, or go to one of many forums devoted to LEGO products.
I hope that helps a few save some money PLEASE vote up to get attention of as many as possible!
I got this Power kit knowing I'd likely have to put something together for him. You'll gain a greater appreciation for what your car's transmission does after playing with this kit. I used the following two Lego sets that we already had to put together a functioning car:
1. Lego Crazyaction Contraptions. This is more of a book with a small collection of gears and technic pieces you can build hand and rubber band powered machines with.
2. Lego Creator Cool Convertible #4993. Fortunately my son had recently crashed this car so that only the chassis was left intact with the axles and wheels.
By tinkering around I was able to mount the engine and battery pack onto the chassis. By playing around with different sized gears I was able to get that engine to drive the wheels. My son and I loved watching our electric car run for the first time. He took over and mounted the lights and a stick shift. You can than build a custom body over your engine and chassis. Next project is trying to figure out how to build a two speed transmission. So you can see how fun and education this power kit can be if you have the right parts to go with it. If you have a lego store nearby, than check to see if they have loose technic pieces available. We just went to legoland and I scooped a bag full of gears and other hard to find loose parts for only $8. For the price this really is a 5 star kit.
In a nutshell, my son did like this Accessory set until it the motor stopped working 4 days after purchase. Not sure why the motor stopped working, I haven't fiddled with it yet other than making sure it wasn't dead batteries.
What I did not like about this set:
-Battery Pack. I thought the battery pack was ridiculously big and heavy...who needs 4 AA batteries to power a small Lego motor? The battery pack is so heavy and the connection cord to the actual motor so short that it is very cumbersome to find a way to attach this battery pack to your Lego creation. I would like to see at least a separate option for smaller battery pack (such as 2 AAA) in the event someone only wants to power a small Lego car and not an actual life-size car.
-Motor durability. Mine broke after 4 days of light use. It was not dead batteries because I tried a fresh set of batteries and still no luck.
I do like the concept of kids taking their Legos to the next level by adding motors and gears. Would I buy this product again? The answer is no if I could find an alternative that better met my needs (smaller battery pack, more durable, etc).
I hope you found my review helpful.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This motor was one of the best add-on decisions to our sons Lego collection. It is easy to use and connect together. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Sassy
Perfect for the 11 year old builder who makes mechanical magic from legosPublished 1 month ago by Toby
Well built. My daughter loves them. I bought for her to get creative with her standard Legos. She doesn't have the cars and trucks that these are intended for but with a few axles... Read morePublished 1 month ago by CKP