5.0 out of 5 stars Son loved it
I didn't actually read this book, my 9 year old son did and he loved it. Hard to get him to read books, but he loves legos so I knew he would enjoy this book.
Published 10 months ago by Liberty5

3.0 out of 5 stars The Lego Movie novel is awesome, and I Emmet
The Lego Movie Junior Novel is 4 stars cause it's awesome!!!! I thinks kids of all ages and Lego fans will enjoy it.Based off the awesome movie now in theater's
Published 10 months ago by DERRICK HONORE

5.0 out of 5 stars Son loved it, February 11, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Just like the movie!, March 13, 2014
This book is great! It is just like the movie! I love the book and the movie was just like it . Everything is awesome!

5.0 out of 5 stars The number one book!, February 2, 2014
The book was very good. It was funny. This book has people from other lego shows, like lego ninjago. 5 star.

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST NOVEL EVER!, February 9, 2014
I LOVE THIS BOOK! I think everyone should read it (after watching the movie of course). Defiantly good for Lego lovers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Book Ever, February 9, 2014
I loved this book it was amazing because it was similar to the movie. Thank you to all of the people who worked on the book and the movie.

4.0 out of 5 stars Like a Script for the Movie, July 2, 2014
I'd say this novel could, in theory stand on its own, but let's be honest, it was written assuming that 99.9% of the customers who buy it have seen the movie, or have kids that did. As an aside the whole family LOVED the movie, saw it twice in the theater and have loved it just as much now that it's out on Blu-Ray. SEMI-SPOILER: The end of the novel is not like the end of the movie. The results in the Lego world are the same, but the "big surprise" of the basement scene is not in the book. Not sure why, but to me that was what made a really good movie completely great. This alternate "book ending" also really annoyed my son, who has been the primary reader of this book, but it didn't spoil the rest for him.

To be honest I haven't read it all yet, but this review is based on what my son has reported to me. I've only looked it over and read maybe 15%, but my 8 year old son read the whole novel and really liked it. He finished off in I think about 4-5 days (though he reads above grade, so it'll depend on the age of the child reading it).

Of course plenty of parents will probably read it to their kids at bed-time and I'm sure it would flow very well spoken out loud. Assuming that parent has seen the movie too (which they should because it's excellent!), it the dialogue is pretty much verbatim from the film, so it's almost like reading a script. This would be a weak point as far as it being a stand-alone novel in that the descriptions on occasion seem kind of thin. But this is not in all cases, because in other scenes the action and environments are actually pretty well fleshed out. In the end, the movie version has SO many things going on and so many delightful visual treats, a novel can't help but be a lot "less" than what you saw on screen.

I'd personally have liked to have the images sprinkled throughout the novel than at the end to better set the scenes/tone, but my son didn't seem to mind that they came in after the end in a kind of "best moments" section.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, February 7, 2014
it was so cool and really detailed I love it it is a 5 star book you should get it

5.0 out of 5 stars BOOK WAS AWESOME NOW THE MOVIE!!, January 30, 2014
I loved this book so much! I really wanted to read it because I am a big fan of lego and the lego movie. Now I read the book I can't wait until the movie!

5.0 out of 5 stars My Son Loved it!, January 26, 2014
This review is from: LEGO: The LEGO Movie: Junior Novel (Paperback)
He didn't put it down till he finished the entire book. :) Can't wait for the movie to come out, so we can go see it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Lego Movie is a fantastic story with popular and entertaining characters, January 7, 2014
This review is from: LEGO: The LEGO Movie: Junior Novel (Paperback)
I look forward to the movie so much and when I saw that a novelization is out now, I had to read it. I read it in one day and loved it. It's exciting that popular lego characters are in it, including Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and Abraham Lincoln. It's not often you can watch a movie that has all of these characters in one story line!

LEGO: The LEGO Movie: Junior Novel
LEGO: The LEGO Movie: Junior Novel by Kate Howard (Paperback - December 30, 2013)
$5.99