Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: LEM Products Smoked Clear Edible Collagen Casing (32mm)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Size: 32mm|Change

on November 26, 2013
I'm sure that this product is as good as any collagen casings on the market. They arrived very quickly and I used them immediately.

They stuffed easily with only one "blow out" in a 6 foot section.

Unfortunately, these collagen casings didn't work out for me. They would not hold the requisite twist needed to make separate sausages no matter what I tried. I ended cutting "sausage tubes" with a razor knife - creating open ends. The other problem is that, unlike natural casings, the texture was quite similar to eating sausage enclosed in a plastic bag.

I strongly suspect that this review applies to all collagen casings and not just this offering.
on October 19, 2011
used these for my first attempts as sausage, as I wasn't ready to do sausage AND mess with nog casings.
worked, well, stuffed nicely (using hand powered meat grinder and tube), and smoked well (only burst a couple, and that's because that part of teh grill got too hot. takes a fair bit of abuse, as my first stuffing ended up with me "milking" a lot of sauage down the tube to fill up too loosely packed sections later on got the hang of controlling the movement of the casing off the tube and then got firmly filled links)

excellent handlng, and being edible were no problem. got lots of compliments on the sausage... made both italian sausage and beef hot links.

Very happing with the performance.
on August 25, 2013
These casings are easy to stuff, but when you hang them in the smoker they break apart. I stuffed my kielbasa mix into the casings and hung them in the smoker. When I came to check on them they were all on the floor of the smoker. If you're making fresh sausage they work very well. I made breakfast sausage and it came out juicy and fried up great. Just not smoked unless it is supported in some way on a rack, which I will do if I use them again to smoke.
on December 17, 2013
Natural intestines for sausages is great but this man-made Collagen casing is great for uniformity and durability in your sausage making. You can eat them because they are made from the gelatin and other by products of cows. Very good replacement for natural intestines or when you can't get natural intestines.
on January 3, 2014
Product is a little more chewey than a natural casing. Works well during stuffung. Difficult to make links;i.e. I have to tie the twists up with string then freeze. Usually the casing peels off before cooking or during cooking which is fine with me. One big plus is that you just open and stuff, no soaking or washing. Overall, I am pleased with this product. I recomend it.
on December 14, 2012
These are just so much easier to use. No soaking, no problems getting them on the stuffer horn. They have worked great for me for both fresh and smoked sausage.
on July 18, 2013
I am a first time sausage-maker, so I wanted something easy to use yet still edible. These fit the bill. They are sturdy enough to withstand my abuse as I stuffed them, yet fry up crackling good. It would have been helpful if the manufacturer had put a note on the package saying whether or not to soak them first, so I am still in the experimenting phase. They do not require any special handling or storage, and that is another big plus for me.
on December 27, 2015
We make a South African boereowrs (farmers sausage) and were looking for a non-hog casing. This did the job - after trial and error we learnt to soak the casing in lukewarm water before feeding them onto the Kitchen-Aid sausage attachment - no splitting and grill up just fine on the BBQ.
We store our sausages in the freezer and the casings hold up well
on May 27, 2016
We make our own venison sausages (Kielbasa, Andouille, Chorizo, etc) and have used LEM products for years. Needed this size really quickly so used my Prime to purchase and get it in time for our "stuffing" party.
on October 4, 2015
These worked great. I did not have any blowouts when stuffing these casings. I did have a blowout when cooking, but I contribute that to over stuffing them and not piercing them prior to grilling. Good snap for a collagen casing, and I did not have to soak them.