5.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good
Published on September 20, 2009 by RMO

1.0 out of 5 stars Serious design fault - otherwise great juicer
Unfortunately the L'Equip Visor has a serious design fault
The juicer comes with an array of attachments, and it can use carrots, greens even apples and pineapples fine (despite some reviews stating otherwise - the reviewer obviously hadnt used the correct attachment!).
Published on May 22, 2004 by Mr Adam J Tricker

1.0 out of 5 stars Serious design fault - otherwise great juicer, May 22, 2004
Mr Adam J Tricker (East Anglia, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Unfortunately the L'Equip Visor has a serious design fault
However, I feel I must add that I HAVE had some significant problems with the juicer. And this results in much more than not juicing properly.
There is a serious design fault of the plastic feeding chamber, that results in it cracking (at the point where the fruit feeds into the auger screw and along) if too much pressure is put on it. This pressure need not be more than a slice of carrot or two, or one or two nuts. I have had one replacement already, with only using the juicer for 2 months (the supplier admitted there is a design fault, as many others have also had this problem, and promtply sent out a replacement part).
Is a great shame for an otherwise fantastic juicer with so much potential; however, for this reason alone, I recommend anyone who is considering a juicer, to look at alternative models.

2.0 out of 5 stars Pros and cons, July 2, 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: L'Equip 306400 Visor Natural Processor/Juicer (Kitchen)
My experience with the L'Equip Visor 509 which I have been using for approximately 6 months is mixed. It has an attractive appearance, with an attached cover, a compact footprint, and a 6 year guarantee. I have not used any other juicing processors so I can not compare quality of product however there are some design issues that need to be addressed. The unit comes with two catch bowls that mate nicely together underneath the juicer body, but the pulp frequently falls in the juice catch bowl, especially if it is soft. This could have been easily avoided if the juice nozzle had been slightly longer.
I tried making the banana ice cream and it was quite good, however I found the noodle attachments useless. It is impossibly slow with only three openings, and the "noodles" entwine and stick together as they come out. I used flour, perhaps semolina would work better if you want those kinds of noodles, but don't buy this unit for the noodle or spaghetti nozzles or the nut butter nozzle which produces a rough, granular material, is very slow and the ground nuts do not get smoother when mixed with oil.
The removable parts of the unit are easy to clean, however I've had a big problem with back leakage where the juicer body fits into the motor body. The juice dribbles onto and into the unit, gets behind the clamping ring attachment and associated parts and screws and is virtually impossible to clean, creating a very unhygienic situation with the residue drying inside and behind motor body parts. When I mentioned this to someone at the company they told me it could be dismantled and be cleaned. Gathering tools, fiddling with tiny Philips screws, pulling apart the mechanism, cleaning each piece and the unit case and then figuring the right way to put it all back together again, is just not practical each time you use the unit.

2.0 out of 5 stars great at first..., August 8, 2005
This review is from: L'Equip 306400 Visor Natural Processor/Juicer (Kitchen)
Have had the unit for 2 years.. things keep cracking.. had the screw cap crack and it took over 3 months to get L'Equip to rectify.. first they sent out another piece that didn't work and proceeded to argue with me and tell me that it was my fault the piece wasn't screwing in.. I spent over $20.00 shipping screw caps back and forth and had to deal with attitude from them as well. Finally got the screw cap that works with my juicer with no admittance of a mistake on their part... I JUST started juicing again and now the blank strainer cracked. I am NOT looking forward to dealing with customer service once again. Try another brand with a more reliable customer service.

3.0 out of 5 stars I've had it for five years *update*, December 1, 2005
6sensesfeeling5 (San Francisco, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: L'Equip 306400 Visor Natural Processor/Juicer (Kitchen)
...and I'm a fan, but I still can't recommend it (to US customers, at least). As a convert from a centrifugal juicer, I'm more than pleased with the amount and quality of juice that I've gotten from the Visor. It runs quietly and doesn't create too much friction which would warm and spoil the juice, and it also assembles, disassembles and cleans up easily.

I have only made juice and frozen banana "ice cream" with it (yummy!), so I can't speak for the pasta attachments or anything else. I do think it could have been designed better -- the catch bowls aren't terribly efficient, pulp does tend to drop into the juice bowl and if you don't line them both up just right you get juice all over the counter, and the juice bowl/cup is tough to pour from -- but I've gotten used to them and they suffice. The quality of the juice and ease of cleaning are my main concerns, and these are both more than satisfactory.

The reason I can't recommend the Visor is the lack of customer support. About two years after my initial purchase, I needed to replace the strainer (due to a design flaw, in my opinion) and it took me more than six months to track down a US distributor that could send me one. Now, almost three years later, I am again in need of a replacement part. The distributor I used previously has vanished, and all contact information I find for L'Equip in the US leads me to dead end after dead end. I'm now trying to contact UK distributors. This all speaks well for the motor, which lives up to its six year warranty, having lasted just fine through five years of moderate use, but the plastic parts wear out more quickly and inevitably need to be replaced. If you live in the US and would rather not trash a perfectly good juicer motor in a couple years because you can't replace one simple plastic part or another, I recommend you look elsewhere.

Shame.

*UPDATE*
9/23/08 If you currently own a Visor and need parts, they are available from the Kitchen Resource website. There's no parts info on the site, and I got a bit of a runaround trying to contact anyone, but once I got ahold of the right people they were quite courteous and my replacement arrived quickly.
As for the juicer, it is still performing well. Even with the hassles I've had with parts, I will miss it when the motor finally goes (although it shows no signs of slowing down yet!).

5.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good, September 20, 2009
This review is from: L'Equip 306400 Visor Natural Processor/Juicer (Kitchen)
I purchased a five year old L'equip Visor and I'm overjoyed, especially after being nervous about all of these poor reviews. I'm new to juicing so I don't have anything to compare this juicer to. But I will say that so far, the product has far exceeded my expectations. It juiced greens, carrots and apples beautifully and I love the quality of the juice. Its so refreshing. The product is easy to assemble, disassemble and to clean. I love how quiet it is. I can get up early in the morning to juice and won't disturb anyone. I expected it to be messy and for the pulp to get into the juice cup - but neither of those problems occurred. If I experience any problems in the future, I'll update my review.

2.0 out of 5 stars did all right until I started juicing wheat grass, March 13, 2005
This review is from: L'Equip 306400 Visor Natural Processor/Juicer (Kitchen)
I've had the L'equip 509 Visor Juicer for around 6 months, and it did all right until I started juicing wheat grass. Now the machine's auger is bent and the end keeps popping off. I was going to buy a Sampson Kyoto, but I thought I'd try this little manual juicer. I figured I could always use it as a back up.

This little gem is giving more juice yield than the Visor, doesn't seem to take any longer to juice, much easier to clean (the Visor cleans very easy), no foam, turns even slower than the electric models, and it is so quiet. I seem to have developed a nice little rhythm that is so peaceful, and I get to drink cool juice with no foam. Now, with higher yield, I can grow less grass, and save electricity. I know that it is not much, but...

I'm going to buy another one of these Healthy Juicer - Wheatgrass and Vegetable Juicer, and now they've knocked another 10 bucks of it, so it is indeed a deal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive customer service, October 11, 2010
This review is from: L'Equip 306400 Visor Natural Processor/Juicer (Kitchen)
I've owned this juicer for 6 years and have used it quite a bit. A few days ago, the cone/sieve that the juice goes through broke.

I freaked out a bit, because the name was not on the machine (L'equip Visor) Fortunately, I kept the box.. looked up the web-site, and they have a "parts and repair" 800 number. Called it... and, after six years... THEY SENT ME A REPLACEMENT AT NO CHARGE!

In today's day and age, I find that very impressive.

This juicer works fabulous for wheat grass and green leafy vegatables. I use the champion juicer for everything else, as I find the screen difficult to clean for some vegetables (like beets). Counterspsce isn't too much of an issue for both... and price wise, you have two specialty machines that work great for what they are focused on for less than or about the same cost as the high priced machines that try to do it all.

I'm very pleased with this for how I'm using it... clean up on wheatgrass and leafy vegetables is almost as simple as a quick rinse...

1.0 out of 5 stars No replacement parts available in US, September 16, 2008
C. Bliss Kandel "juicer" (Englewood, CO United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: L'Equip 306400 Visor Natural Processor/Juicer (Kitchen)
I loved my juicer, a L'Equip Visor Model 509, until the day I accidentally put a peach pit in it. This immediately cracked the juicing screw, but did not damage the motor or any other parts. I thought, "What a good machine. I'll just order a new part." Imagine my disappointment when I discovered that no spare parts are available in the US, and the British supplier will not ship to this country. Since I believe that juicing is vital to my health, I am forced to buy a completely new one for lack of one part. Be sure I will buy one that has parts available in this country.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice enough to leave on the counter, March 8, 2008
This review is from: L'Equip 306400 Visor Natural Processor/Juicer (Kitchen)
I have both the Champion Juicer and this L'Equip Juicer. I have to say for juicing carrots I prefer the Champion because its fast, yet it heats up my carrots causing a loss in nutrients; however, for wheatgrass and anything else this L'Equip Juicer is better for it masticates slowly which leaves all the vital nutrients. I love all the attachments for you can make ice-cream or sorbet from frozen fruits, nut butters, grind grains and make pastas from fresh dough. It is also attractive enough to leave out on the counter.

5.0 out of 5 stars best i have used, December 7, 2004
This review is from: L'Equip 306400 Visor Natural Processor/Juicer (Kitchen)
I have had all the various juicers and this one is a work horse performed so well I have given away all the other juicers I used

It is the only single gear juicer that the auger is offset to accomodate carrots and other vegetables the other single gears cannot accomodate because the auger is directly under the feed tube

A+++++++++++++++