Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on February 4, 2016
Too bad I can't give this washer "0" stars. I can only echo the negative reviews here of both the unit and LG's customer service department. In a phone conversation today with a service representative I was told to purposely adjust the wash cabinet so it is out of balance. My instincts tell me this is a VERY bad suggestion that may damage the machine and void any warranty claim that I may have remaining. This washer is barely 2 years old.
on January 28, 2016
I purchased this washer locally 3 yrs ago nd it now no longer works SAVE YOU MONEY FOR A GOOD WASHING MACHINE NOT THIS OVERPRICED JUNK
on January 16, 2016
Awful machine. Constantly out of balance! Have to give up and put very wet clothes in washer. Do not buy this machine!!!! I'd give it negative stars if I could!!!
on January 2, 2016
I have owned this for three years. It has had a problem with un-balanced loads for at least the last two years. We put up with it but it took much more time and a lot of frustration to do laundry for a family of four. If you want to wash bedding set aside a day. It can handle a couple of sheets but no more than one blanket (not a comforter) at a time - this is in the owner's manual, but we didn't have that until after we purchased the unit, perhaps it is common these days.

Now we are getting an "LE" error, which apparently has to do with a sensor on the motor per the manual and a lot of internet research. I can gamble and try to replace the inexpensive sensor, but that would likely violate the warranty on my motor. I could call an authorized repair person and as long as it is the sensor or motor it SHOULD be covered, if not, it will cost me a $150-$200 for a trip charge (per the LG site) plus parts and potentially additional labor. It appears that if it isn't the sensor or motor it may very well be the main control panel, and that costs several hundreds of dollars. Assuming I get the "LE" error fixed, I still end up with a washer that is just constantly out of balance and a frustration to use.

I would love to get it fixed, but I don't like the odds. In the best case I am covered, but I won't know until I am committed to paying the trip charge. And in that best case I still have a washer that frustrates the heck out of both my wife and me. As such we are looking for a new washer. I hope we can find a low tech unit that may survive for eight to ten years. Even five years would be great.
on December 13, 2015
This washer worked okay for the first one to two years then suddenly 4 out of 5 loads become unbalanced and require constant adjusting to correct. To self-correct, the washer refills with water and begins again. How is this efficient? I have seen the tub fill four or more times on one load. Whether I am washing one dress or 6 pairs of jeans, the washer becomes unbalanced. Very disappointed with this washer.
on December 10, 2015
Absolutely, hands down the largest waste of money ever. Zero satisfaction from LG in regards to ever correcting the numerous issues with the machine. I should have insisted the machine be replaced. Not only would I never purchase an LG machine again, I would never purchase an LG product. Honestly, you'd be better off owning a wash board and bucket of water than owning this machine. Purchased in early 2013 and have had problems ever since. What happened to the days of purchasing an appliance that lasted longer than the warranty? Not even worth salvage value.
on November 21, 2015
This is the worst washer we have ever owned. It doesn't clean clothes. It is constantly out of balance and takes forever to do a load of wash. I will never buy another LG product.
on October 15, 2015
Avoid this washing machine! The top rusted and had to be replaced, and the agitator jams is you leave a few coins in your pockets during the wash. Absolutely a piece of crap.
on July 4, 2015
This is a horrible washing machine. I began having problems immediately. I called repair and two weeks later, someone came out. He ordered a part and told me when I received the part to call for an appointment. Two weeks later, the part arrived and I called. The service man came out to fix it over two weeks later. I have now been without a washer for over six weeks. He said it was fixed and left. I used the washer and it still did not run properly (would get a UE load error about 4 or more times during the cycle, or during the spin cycle it would reset the time and fill the tup up with water again), so I called again. This same scenario played out for 8 MONTHS and the washer never completed ONE cycle without problems., taking up to 3 hours to do one load because it would keep resetting the timer. I had heard so many good reviews about LG. I don't know if the problem is with this model or the company has gone down hill, but this water is the absolutely worst. The last time the tech came out, he said these machines are not meant to be repaired... they are considered 'disposable' washers. Pretty expensive for not one correctly washed load!
on June 17, 2015
Consumer Beware! This is the worst washing machine I have ever owned. The fact that it is marketed as having "True Balance" technology is laughable. It is constantly flashing UE for an unbalanced load! This is such a problem that LG has gone so far as to provide videos on how to properly load a washing machine. Seriously?! I am 47 years old and have six children. I KNOW HOW TO LOAD A WASHER!! Also, LG has terrible customer service. My local appliance repair company told me they do not repair LGs because the company is impossible to get parts from.