- Free 60-Day Tech Support: This item is eligible for FREE Tech Support for 60 days from the date of delivery. Over the phone, our trained technicians can help you set up, configure, connect, and troubleshoot so you can start enjoying your new purchase. Owners of qualifying products can reach Tech Support by selecting your product on the Contact Us page. Learn more
LG 42LV4400 42-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LED-LCD HDTV
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- LG's LED technology provides a slim profile and delivers amazing brightness, clarity and color detail, as well as greater energy efficiency compared to conventional LCD TVs.
- TruMotion 120Hz technology lets you see sports, video games and high-speed action with virtually no motion blur
- Full HD 1080p gives it superior picture quality over standard HDTV. You'll see details and colors like never before.
- 1 Year Parts & Labor Warranty
- Power device nominal voltage AC 120/230 V
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
- Brand Name: LG
- Model Number: 42LV4400
- Display Technology: LED-lit
- Display Size: 42 inches
- Image Aspect Ratio: 16:09
TruMotion 120Hz refresh rate,
your favorite entertainment
never looked better.
Movies are immersive. Sports are more exciting. Your favorite
shows look better than ever. It's time to kick your entertainment
up a notch with LG.
LESS BLUR. MORE ACTION.
TruMotion 120Hz technology lets you
see sports, video games and
high-speed action with virtually no
motion blur. Now your TV can keep
up with your fast-moving
DOUBLE THE DETAIL.
This stunning picture is the reason
you wanted HDTV in the first place.
With almost double the pixel
resolution, Full HD 1080p gives it
superior picture quality over
standard HDTV. You'll see details
and colors like never before.
SAVE MORE THAN ENERGY.
Earning the ENERGY STAR means a
product meets strict energy efficiency
guidelines set by the US
Environmental Protection Agency and
the Department of Energy. For TVs, it
means they save energy both in
standby and active (when they're on)
modes. ENERGY STAR qualified TVs
use about 30% less energy than
ENHANCED NOISE REDUCTION
Reduces screen noise without compromising picture quality
VIEW IT IN THE RIGHT LIGHT.
Let your TV do the adjustments for you. Intelligent Sensor automatically optimizes the picture to the lighting and color conditions in the room for a more enjoyable viewing experience.
WISE AND NOT WASTEFUL.
With our Smart Energy Saving Features, you can conserve money and energy.
LV4400 Select Specifications
|Display Size (Diagonal):||42-Inch|
|Backlight Type:||LED With Local Dimming|
|Dynamic Contrast Ratio:||100,000:1|
|Channels/Speaker Output:||2 x 10W|
|Component Video (YCrCB):||1|
|RGB (D-Sub 15pin):||1|
|RF Connector for Internal Tuner:||1|
|RS-232c In (Control/Service):||1|
|Optical Digital Out (SPDIF):||1|
|Analog Audio Input:||1|
|With Stand:||25.4 lbs.|
|Without Stand:||22 lbs.|
|With Stand:||39.4 x 27 x 8.75 (W x H x D)|
|Without Stand:||39.4 x 24.9 x 1.8 Inches (W x H x D)|
Top Customer Reviews
Here are (5) quick ways to turn this 3-star sub five hundred dollar TV into a 5-star one thousand dollar set.
1. Don't believe all the negative reviews. The picture on this set is amazing, but not right out of the box. It needs some adjusting. Refer to J. Finkel's review for the exact settings. The picture is beautiful after 10 minutes of tweaking.
2. The sound has no bass. Buy a cheap PC subwoofer (under $20) and plug it into the analog line out. Then switch the line out volume to variable. Voila. I now have a great sound system. My wife said,"that is 100% better!" right after I plugged it in.
3. Sports on this TV is great. I watch a lot of NFL/NCAA football and the picture looks great. Just use the sports setting and if you have a good quality signal like HD cable or HD digital broadcast you will rarely notice any blurring. I was considering a plasma to avoid blurring for sports, but this TV is more than adequate for all the benefits it has over plasma (LED lamps will last forever, bright high-contrast no-glare screen, and this set only weights 20 pounds)
4. Gaming on this tv is the best experience you could hope for. Just plugged in my XBOX360 and set it's output to 1080p to the TV. Never seen anything prettier than Skyrim, Madden 12, Halo Reach, Deadspace 2, and Dance Central. These games are gorgeous in 1080P and play with zero lag on the Game setting. PS. 120HZ TRUmotion is not used for GAME setting and it is for the better...Read more ›
The menu is the same one LG has been using for a few years now. Pushing the "home" button brings up selections for changing picture/audio/parental/time/channel settings etc. These sub-menus are easy to navigate thanks to pictures and large text. While the organization of the menus are great, the breadth of the options available is disappointing.
The picture on most LCD's is rather good these days. The 42LV4400 ranks right up there with any mid-range HDTV. The blacks could be much better, but with some good tweaking in the regular menu settings, you can achieve fairly decent color accuracy and 'pop' (the sensation of depth and realism). As with most LCD's, the brightness is more than abundant, making it a good TV for any room. It also has a matte finish, which makes it difficult to see reflections.
The bezel of the TV is 1" on top and sides but almost 3" on the bottom. The bezel and stand are a high-gloss black with very simple contours and slightly rounded edges. Overall, it looks plain but also attractively understated. It would be a good choice for a professional environment as well as a home.
The LG 42LV4400 is fairly light, making it easy to setup by oneself. The stand seems sturdy enough, but a little more weight would have been comforting. The stand doesn't offer any tilt and doesn't swivel too well. The inputs are...streamlined: there is one component input and no composite inputs besides; no dvi. The three HDMI inputs are ample though and the USB port is a good addition.Read more ›
The LG is very simple looking in its design. It has a piano black bezel and a swiveling base that is also done in piano black. There is a small piece of opaque gray plastic trim that runs along the bottom and a very discreet LG logo on the TV. On the bottom of the set are the stereo speakers. The set is very thin and is about 1.75" at its thickest part, not including the base. The set is very light in weight and easy to move for one person. Construction quality and materials are good, but the swivel base allows the TV to move a few degrees in either direction easily. I find this quite annoying as the swivel base on my two Panasonic flat screen TVs have no play at all.
The only assembly required is to attach the swivel stand, if desired, and that was a very simple procedure that I was able to do myself and took no more than 5 minutes.
On the left hand side of the set from the front, hidden behind the bezel, are the Power, Menu, Input, Channel and Volume buttons along with 1 USB port and 2 HDMI ports. One the back left hand side of the set are 1 RGB PC, 1 Composite or Component (it's either used for one or the other, not both), 1 digital and 1 analog audio out, 1 RF cable and 1 HDMI port.
Using the set is very simple. The on-screen menu system and the remote are both easy to use. Feature wise the set offers and few different picture presets (with individual setting saved for each input), a sleep and schedule timer, closed captioning and the ability to view photos on a USB jump drive.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Gave this TV to my parents. They use it for their bedroom wall. The picture is still clear and crisp three years later.Published 1 month ago by Michael
There are a lot of complaints about this TV being junk for the price I have found it to be a great value. Read morePublished 2 months ago by victor R
used sparingly and strictly for console gaming. died in two months.Published 2 months ago by Mackey Stingray
Has the best picture of any TV I ever owned! I have a 55" Sharp Aquos and while it has a great picture, it is not as good as this one! Read morePublished 4 months ago by Online shopper