Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: LG 42PJ350 42-Inch 720p Plasma HDTV (2010 Model)
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Drowners Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on October 19, 2015
Great working tv even 4 years later,deffinately would reccomend to others.
on November 7, 2014
Bought this TV mid-2010 and really haven't had much issues with it.

Built in TV tuner is great using those HDTV cardboard antennas.

Pictures look awesome and the colors are great.

Only issue I've had with it is the remote which looks like if you don't use an external remote there is a 3.5mm jack in the back that gets corroded and the TV thinks there is an external remote plugged in. Cleaned it out with a dab of WD40 and it works great!
on March 5, 2013
I purchased this from Amazon at what was a great price at the time. Prices have since come down as they had been when I purchased this one, but I don't know that I've run across yet any 42 inch set which I would trade it for. About as good as it gets.
on November 23, 2012
Have had it for 3 years, no problems, great picture. I highly recommend. LG is good with customer service as well.
on July 15, 2012
If you don't mind replacing this every 18 months, it is otherwise a nice TV. We were happy with it until it died for no good reason. We had it plugged into a very good surge protector and the surge protector was plugged into an excellent line conditioner. It was operated in a clean, climate controlled environment. This TV should not have failed, period!
on April 27, 2012
Look - I clicked on all types of LCD TV's looking at pricing, reviews, etc.... This came to me by stroke of good luck. I was on a budget and this popped up - could not beleive the my eyes. I had this up on mount and was watching literally within about 15 mins after it was delivered. No problems with this unit at all. Do agree with many reviews about the glare however we have this in our bedroom which is never really bright so does not have much effect on us. This unit sold me on LG so I have bought another LG since (LCD 37") for my son's room. The only knock I have on the 42PJ350 is that when powered off the stand by light remains lit and it cannot be set to go off. Really was not a knock though until I realized my son's does have the option to turn off the stand by light. 5 stars and kudos to LG !! Amazon too of course for great price and speedy delivery.
on February 15, 2012
This review is a little late, but I think this is a great Plasma TV. I own an LCD TV as well but for my bedroom, which does not have much sunlight, I did not need to worry about reflection from sunlight or other sources. The slim bezel design, along with mounting this to the wall, made this a win for me.

I don't mind the 720P, but it still bothers me somehow.
Also, the ports are somewhat tough to get to once it is mounted to the wall. I see some TV's have the ports (HDMI, etc..) come out the rear but face outward to the sides so they are more accessible. This would have been a better design. Think about this when you're looking at purchasing a TV that you intend to put on the wall.
on September 27, 2011
My brother bought this television just before last Christmas it was like he had bought a present for the whole family. It was very exciting, it was our first introduction to LCD television and it was a huge viewing area compared to the 68 cm television we had previosly. Not to mention that it took up next to no space, it was very thin. For the first couple of days everything was fine. Viewing on the Digital TV was superb, even the sound was great, that was until we rented a movie. The movie was "Master and Commander" and during the darker sequences there was an "incredible" amount of motion blur, at first I thought there was a problem with the DVD, but, as we rented other DVDs and from own collection it became apparent that it was the TV. Shots during night-time sequences are almost unwatchable, at first I thought I could live with it. But now ... I am totally disillusioned with it to the point where I want to get rid of it. Night time shots from movies on a Pay TV service are even worse - I didn't think it was possible until I saw a James Bond movie - eek! And I download a lot of TV series from the Net as most of my favourite TV shows get cancelled here after only a few episodes, and in the night/dark sequences, guess what, an absolute horrendous amount of motion blur. Next time I go to buy a LCD screen I am taking a DVD player with me armed with a stack of movies that the current TV can't handle.

I hope my brother never reads this review.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 14, 2011
I bought this tv nearly a year ago and I absolutely love it. I was nervous about buying one online and the shipping was a tad sketchy( it was some guy in a pickup truck that just brought it to my house? anyway..) but I have never had any problems with the tv. I would buy again!
on April 18, 2011
I have had this TV since mid january, I wanted to have some real time tested use before doing a review.

Bought it as a value replacement for a 32" tube in the living room. Colors are spectacular, resolution is wonderful and the vibrance and black levels are as good as I could've imagined. Dvd's and blue ray discs are wonderful. the 720P is perfect on a tv this size, my buddies 1080P 46" looks no better at 10 foot viewing. Thin bezel and swivel stand are very nice options as well.

Looked at the panasonic Viera and the samsung s350 as well. Bought this one because of sound buzz worries and issues with panansonic selling older models cheaper, because new gen is coming out.

I would make the same purchase again, free shipping from amazon only helped seal the deal.

FYI, picked up new Panasonic Network Bluray player at BB, and it complements the TV in everyway, in quality and performance.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse