5.0 out of 5 stars Do not pass up this deal of the century, January 14, 2013
This review is from: LG 60PA5500 60-Inch Plasma 600Hz Full HD TruSlim (Electronics)
I went to PC Richards to look for a 55 inch tv and they had this Plasma setup right at the front entrance where alot of sunlight comes in so naturally the picture was real hard to see. They have it on sale for 770 dollars. I read some reviews that said the glare problem was a deal breaker. So i go and buy a 55 inch Coby LED and when i get home the picture looked too redish and the sound was awful. I took back my Coby and exchanged for this LG 60 inch. Probably one of the best decisions i ever made. I have alot of sunlight in my living room and this thing rocks. Its the best tv i ever bought.

5.0 out of 5 stars nothing but the best, January 23, 2013
I haven't had mine for too long a few days now but holy crap this thing is amazing.

I didn't get it from this Tiger Direct but from a local Sears. However, it is the same TV and wow you really can tell the difference between the upgrade from a 42" to 60". It's a bit heavier than I would have imagined but then again the screen size is much bigger than i could comprehend from the display models.

easy to use functions on the remote and the remote itself is easy and no hard button pushing like i had to with my other LG remote.

A little disappointed that two of the three HDMI inputs are on the side of the tv and not on the back panel.

All in all, for 800, this is a great deal, so glad i pulled the trigger on it... now to watch something like LOTR or Aliens on it.

Primary use is for Xbox and PC. Surprising enough it isn't too bad for a large monitor, though be warned, there isn't a good fit for screen resolution that i could find without it being under 1600 and bulky. I think im currently setup on 1680x768 and its alright but about .5 inch of the toolbars and windows when maximized are cut off so some blind clicking may occur.

Update: Found out recently and had thought I could do this but change the scaling on my graphics card by going to the nvidia GPU control panel so that it would fit the screen better. It isn't perfect but at least i can now see all boarders of my windows. This is on my PC of course. I dont plan to use my tv moving forward but due to space constrictions in my location, its the only thing i can currently use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Picture and Value - Poor Sound, January 6, 2013
Nice looking and functioning television, easy to set up. Wonderful sharp picture as good or better than LED/LCD. This is good for a room that has less light and glare, but will show well in either. The only negative that gave this a 4-star was the sound quality. In a small room you will be fine, larger rooms will require a sound-bar or surround sound to give you a full sound effectiveness. For the price, this was/is a great buy. This T.V. is a bit heavy, so make sure to have some help when opening and putting together.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, January 7, 2013
There is no way you can beat this tv for the price, I paid 800 free shipping.....picture blows away my Panasonic S series from 2010.....still cant believe it.....I BUY ALOT OF TVS......A videophile I would say. Blurays look amazing and video games.....the best....a certain smoothness about the picture.....in store demos do no justice....even at twice the price i dont think you could do better.......color setting options are all you could ask for......sound is ok but i use a hometheatre setup anyway......a must for a tv of this caliber....like i said in store demos do not do it justice....saw it at bjs and was not impressed, then read alot about it in avs forums and decided to order it based on peoples comments......very happy....led's just cant compare

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, April 13, 2013
How this tv was available for less than a grand is beyond me. This set performs perfectly in every aspect.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Bomb!!, March 19, 2013
Having the great LG 50PA6500 50-inch 1080p 600 Hz Plasma HDTV it invariably "shrunk" over time and I lusted for a 60". I go to HHGregg to see what was available at the time and to see if I could haggle a similar price to Amazon's which at the time had the LG 60PA6500 60-Inch 1080p 600Hz Plasma HDTV for $828 as a "like new" warehouse deal. They had the 60PA6500, but the salesman instead offered the 60PA5500 (negligible differences) for $785 tax included. I should have jumped at that deal, but I really didn't "need" a new TV, so I used every ounce of willpower to walk out of the store. Well, my last old school TV died, so that was my excuse to look again. I go back to HHGregg and this TV is on sale for $799.99, more than the price I was offered before but still a good deal. But also, a lot cheaper than any other 60" in the store. I got it this time for $830 total using the store card, could not get them to budge this go round.

Like the LG 50PA6500 the picture is excellent out the box. I intend to calibrate it eventually like I did my 50", which made it even better. But for those not so picky, the stock setting is just fine once you take it out of the energy saving settings. I see that the 2013 version takes away a hdmi input, so I am glad I was able to get a hold of this one.
*******************************************************************************************
Update 4-4-2013
Well, I did a calibration using the lead reviewer of the PA6500 and my own tweaks and the picture is even better, as expected. I'm a semi-green guy, meaning I'm not totally anal about energy conservation, but I am somewhat conscientious about it. So unlike many, I use the energy saving "Intelligent Sensor" mode. I have to say that I like it. Bright during the day, but dims at night when a bright screen wears on my eyes over time. The only time is appears too dim to me is while watching a basketball game, then I turn it off, otherwise it is satisfactory.

In the end, I truly believe that the LG PA5500/6500 will go in the annals as one of the best bang for the buck TVs of all time. Especially, if one was able to get one of the absolute great deals this TV was going for sometimes. I have seen people say they were able to get one for under $700 total.

5.0 out of 5 stars great tv, March 8, 2013
Wonderfull tv. great contrast, bright color, huge! came quickly once we ordered it. a little bit of glare, but turn off the lights and it looks great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, February 5, 2013
Purchased this from Sears the day before the Ravens/49ers Super Bowl for $750 out the door, and the picture is fantastic! Did not want the smart or 3D capability, as I have read 3D doesn't work very well and we have Rokus that give many more channels than the built-in streaming options (MLBTV, for one). Beyonce's half-time show was incredible on this screen. After watching this for a while, all other TVs pale, miserably, in comparison. Watched Airport '79 (HD), downloaded from Amazon, and I felt like I was in a movie theater. The only drawback is it's so big, it does not fit very well in our family room. A lot of people return their HDTVs because they are disappointed with the picture - you must have HD content to see the potential of HDTV (Blu Ray, HD Broadcast, etc.), and that can be difficult to get. This TV does not handle Standard Definition very well - that needs to be improved by all of the manufacturers.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is one fine TV!, January 7, 2013
First off, I got this 60" plasma at the ridiculous bargain price of $698 from the Audio and Video Center in Santa Monica. I was initially worried about buying the cheapest model in its class -- everything else was double the price -- but this box rocks!

Beautiful deep rich colors, perfectly good -- no matter what the other guy says -- sound and easy setup. Armed with a $79 BluRay, you'll have a REALLY economical, .REALLY awesome smart TV

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, January 1, 2013
Perfect. If you plan your system out, including inputs: sound system, cable TV, digital media wifi device, DVD and VHS players, this flat screen is a great, high value plug and play monitor.

Rate and Discover Movies