Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eric Clapton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Father's Day Gifts The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation

on April 28, 2011
I've had this phone a few months now and I have to say that I'm pretty impressed with it overall. I'll start with the pros: the quality and features of the phone are awesome for an entry / lower-mid level android phone. The case is aluminum and plastic - not as stylish as the other optimus phones on Verizon, T-Mo, Virgin or Sprint, but it still looks and feels great in your hand. It is identical to the optimus that Cricket carries. The display is bright - pictures, video and apps look great on it. The phone is responsive, with no lag and the touch screen is multi-touch, you can "pinch" the screen to zoom in and out of maps. Sound is ok - the call quality is good, and music lacks any real depth to it on speaker, but comes through nice and loud. If you plug in headphones for music, they sound great. Compared to the Huawei Ascend that metro offers - this thing rocks! Couple the fact that this is a cool little phone with metro's unlimited plan, and you have a sure winner. I added this phone to my wife's metro account and they knocked out $5 per line - so now we pay $35 for her line (non-smartphone) and $45 for my line. $80 unlimited text, talk and web on two lines is crazy you couldn't do any of that on the other carriers for anywhere near the price! I don't know how it works here on Amazon, but in store they also sweeten the deal by offering a $50 mail in offer, and a free phone of equal or lesser value. Now the cons: No 3g! Metro does not offer 3g service...period. They have standard 1x data or 4g - this phone unfortunately operates on the 1x data standard even though its capable of 3g and it has a sticker saying this on the backside. That being said though if you have wifi at home or access to wifi readily available you can make do because its pretty zippy on wifi. The "easy wifi" software included with the phone actually looks and connects to available wifi. When I'm at a mall or airport I don't worry about data being slow because it looks and connects for me. The only other con is the bloatware that comes installed on the phone - some of it runs constantly and eats up memory even though you don't use it. The only way to get rid of the annoying preinstalled software is to root your phone - and in this you have to be careful. If you get a phone with android 2.2 you can easily root it with Z4root or such, but if you get one with android 2.2.1 out of the box it is a task not for the new to rooting and could leave your phone without service. Overall I would recommend this phone if you are on a budget and can't afford metro's 4g android but want an andriod smartphone. Buy it you won't regret it!
on February 20, 2011
That's right the little green guy has finally came to the Metro PCS Company. When I think of android I think of loads of fun. Plenty of apps to keep your fingers playful and a few good laughs. We all know the android market is the leading rival for the iphone. If your looking for a phone that can make unlimited calls, text, browser, games, and some of the most helpful apps all for 50 bucks a month? This is the phone for you. Packed with its GPS spoken turn by turn navigation's, its hard to believe that metro released this phone for so cheap in my opinion. Running the 2.2 android you will experience less lag then your 2.1 version. I did experience a few laggy problems with a few apps, but not many at all. The Gps feature was great and very accurate. It was also nice to have several apps that clued me in on nearby restaurants, movie theaters + show times, different local gas stations with the lowest prices in gas. This phone has it all. The resolution on this phone is just beautiful. Although its screen size is nothing compared to your Evo (sprint), smaller in size texting on the virtual keyboard does take a little time to get used too. With the new swipe texting feature it does make it a little more simple and faster to type out those messages. The touch screen, I found to be very responsive and very durable. All in all I gave this phone a 8 out of 10.
review image review image review image review image
on February 21, 2011
Metro PCS has finally came out with the Android phone and let me say this phone is worth getting!. I bought it and I am completely in love with it. It has everything I need and more. The only problem I had was the battery life which was not too long bt with a little changes in the setting that can be fixed. I totally recommend this phone!
on April 18, 2012
Good news first...The phone looks good, it can withstand a few drops, and the apps you can download can kill some free time. Texting is smooth, and the videos and pics are passable for an entry-level phone.

Bad news...The battery will drain relatively quickly when you have WiFi on while downloading. Weak call reception can be unbearable in some areas, more so than any other carrier I've had. I bought this phone for $120, and I've seen ads for it for $99, so my expectations would be lower at that price point. One big drawback is that, after five months of use, I can't open the App Market anymore. No more downloading new apps-what a bummer. Another thing to consider is phone insurance- I broke a lesser metro pcs droid a few months before I bought this one, and though I paid insurance monthly, I couldn't get it replaced. I had to fax my ID to them, but the image wasn't clear enough on their end, and to make it worse, I didn't talk to a soul- all I got was an email confirmation that it didn't work.
on October 18, 2013
I was VERY disappointed with this purchase, and will NEVER buy from this seller again!! I bought two phones and they both arrived Damaged, The screens have tons of scratches, the backs are so broken they keep falling off! The overall condtion of the phones is horrible. I do Not recomend this to anyone, Don't waste your money. I will be returning both phones so I can get my money back!!!!
on February 21, 2013
I was so excited to recieved my phone after not having one for about 2 weeks and when this phone arrived, I have to say it was a sadden feeling to see the condition of it. The phone looks as if some one run it across the asphalt before sending it out and when I opened the back of the phone to check the battery it was diguishing; dirty, sand, hair and who knows what other things that was caked to the back of the case and the crease of the phone. I understand that it is a risk when you order things online but this was a horrible experience.
on March 2, 2014
Not 3G or 4G. It's CDMA. You literally have to be standing under a cell tower to have about 2 bars. No connection inside the house. I have great wifi connection, but no connection makes the internet useless. Drops calls as well. Cute phone. Clear picture and a great camera with flash.
on August 27, 2013
Honestly at first it was working good then it started to mess up.. I was texting 1day and I couldnt text anymore it wouldnt let me. Then 2times it turned off on me outa nowhere. Then I was texting and it wouldnt let me text and it kept viberating.. I dont like da fact that I fully charge it and then battery goes low less than a day. But other than dat.. its ok
on March 25, 2012
One day I was getting ready to drive my grandmother somewhere and I went to set some stuff inside the car and set my phone on top (bad idea. I'll never set anything on top of a car again.) and I drove off and it took a good 5 mins before it went FLYING off my car. I was going about 50 mph I think. I went back up the road to get it and the back of it had come off the battery fell out. The piece that holds the sd card in came off and I lost my sd card but my phone was FINE.

Damage was minimal. You'd think I had just dropped it. I had a friend who dropped his iphone and it was ruined. I can't even imagine what would have happened to his if it went through what my phone did haha! I really love my phone.

The battery life seems better then most of my friends phones.
on November 18, 2014
What this seller did not list is that this phone's specifications are old but sturdy. I have not purchased one but I have an optimus s which is sprints version. It has been put through the paces and still runs strong with android os 2.3 gingerbread, 250 MB of ram memory, a 3.2 mp cam, 600-800 MHz processor (single core), and 3g connectivity with WiFi. It is older than dirt and can't do much at once but it is a very decent phone for the price. Like I said I have its twin for sprint. I do not know about the seller as I have not purchased one of these handsets, but I do consider myself a sort of cell guru. For new android users or a very young person just starting out in the smart phone world, this is a good bargain. Did I mention that mine has proven quite literally indestructible? Happy shopping!