Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on April 19, 2013
Bought my wife one a couple weeks ago and liked it so well I bought myself one.
I've been using NET10 for years. This phone works off 3G. For two senior citizens, it does all we requie.
Only down side is the touch screen. Being seniors it's been an ajustment for us to learn to touch softly.
If you want a phone that makes calls, has a good calender to keep your appointments. This is it.
It is not an internet surfing machine. It's not a smart phone.
on June 19, 2013
Was quite excited to find this phone with Net10 service at Amazon, (Amazing Amazon!), because, the Net10 750 minute card for $25.00, gives me the biggest bang for the buck, and web/data usage is just deducted from the minutes also. I wanted as "smart" a phone as I could get without being required to pay $40.00 or more per month for service, and the LG 840G fits the bill beautifully! I must admit that I don't tend to use the web on my phone all that much, but the screen is an acceptable size if I need to do so. The camera is great and I've sent photos to friends. ( I'm not a kid, and switched from a flip phone, to see if I could adjust to the touch screen, and it was so easy with this phone!) Texting is a "piece of cake", with the virtual qwerty keyboard. The service is key, though. Tracfone is great, (same family as Net10), as this phone, as a tracfone, has triple minutes for life, but if you require 500 or more minutes per month, this phone, wit Net10 service is the way to go. I like using a stylus with it, and Amazon has some great choices, (including some that connect to the phone so it is always handy), but the touch screen responds just as well to your fingertips. The LG840G may not be a smartphone, per se, but it is certainly smart enough for me, and, probably for many more people out there, who just wanna be a bit more updated and feel more connected to what everyone else is doing.
44 comments|20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 23, 2013
5.0 out of 5 stars LG840G, March 23, 2013
By DALDRIDGE - See all my reviews
This review is from: 5x LG 840G LG840G for Tracfone Premium Clear LCD Screen Protector Kit, Exact fit, no cutting. (5 pieces by GUARMOR) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
The LG840G surpassed all my expectations, it was easy to use in all aspects, everything functioned as it should. I am so impressed with the LG840G(net10) phone, I'm going to buy another one & give it to my wife ! i use to have a LG800G, you can't compare the two THE LG840G is in a league of it's OWN ! PROS.. EASY TO OPERATE, TRUE TOUCH SCREEN, SPEAKERS(GREAT), & I HAVE NEVER HAD A DROPPED CALL,PS. MY PHONE HAS EVEN CONNECTED MY CALLS WITH NO BARS SHOWING, VERY EASY TO PROGRAM THE FUNCTIONS YOU WANT TO.. I RATE THIS PHONE 5 OUT OF 5......To many functions to list all....CONS!! ..THE OWNERS MANUAL..JUST A MERE BASIC MANUAL, IGIVE THE MANUAL A 2.5/3 RATING THAT BEING SAID IT NO PROBLEM TO PROGAM YOUR FUNCTIONS.... AMAZON- PROS.. VERY EASY 5 OUT OF 5...CONS? NONE!!
on May 2, 2013
This is an excellent upgrade from my old Net10 flip phone. Feels very solid, kind of big but not real heavy. The screen is not real sensitive so I never butt dial. Overall very easy to use. The only problem is it is a bit slippery, so if you're a butterfingers like me you might want a case. And a screen protector never hurts.

The camera is decent--not real high quality, but it's great to have a functional camera in my pocket.
It comes with a 2 GB micro SD card, which for me is plenty. You can transfer pictures/video from the phone (the memory card) to a computer with a micro-B USB cord (it's the same kind used for a Kindle Fire).
The battery life is quite good. I only use it lightly but I only have to charge it about once a week.

I would recommend this to anyone who wants a simple, easy to use phone that isn't quite as old-school as a flip phone.
on April 29, 2013
I bought one for my daughter, and she loved it. It was perfect for her age group (early-mid teens), and it was very customizable. The added WiFi option does provide the subpar mobile internet, but it is good for quick searches. Otherwise, this phone is worth the money! I bought a nice gel case at a low cost. It has those extra side features that make the user experiance even better. I totally recommend this phone if you're looking for something great but not too expensive.
on May 14, 2013
I wanted a touch phone and this one seemed to have everything I needed. What I really like about the phone is the touch screen because it makes the items and messages on the phone bigger and easier to see. I also like the fact that it is so much easier to text someone (especially my granddaughters) because you get the keyboard for your text messages. The only thing I don't really like, is the fact that it is so easy to touch the wrong thing by accident, but I'm getting better all the time.
on May 16, 2013
Chose this phone after thorough research. Glad I did.

Pros:
-Form factor
-Responsive touch screen
-Superior battery life
-Un-bloated OS
-Doesn't require unlimited plan
-3G works

Cons:
-Onscreen qwerty is not default
-Had to load apps onto micro-sd manually from PC
-Sound quality is better on BT device

Other thoughts:
-This phone is the best choice if you want to avoid unlimited plan charges on a touchscreen with apps.
on November 6, 2014
What a great little phone! If you're like me and you don't use enough minutes to warrant a monthly plan, then this phone is perfect. Let me get this out of the way first for anyone with questions:

Q. CAN THIS PHONE USE THE NET10 PAY AS YOU GO CARDS?
A. YES. You can use the $20, $30, and up Pay-As-You-Go cards, or you can use a plan.

Q. DOES THE PHONE PLAY MUSIC?
A. You better believe it does, and the audio quality is excellent for such a little phone.

Q. WHAT DO YOU MEAN LITTLE PHONE?
A. Well, I bought this phone after owning an LG900G for four years, and it's about the same size. It's not as long as an iPhone or Android phone, but is about 75% of that size. Still, I have large fingers, and it's easy to use.

Q. DOES THE SCREEN EASILY RESPOND TO TOUCH?
A. YES! The screen is a capacitive touch. What that means is that simple touching the screen causes it to act. There's no force or pressure required. It is a very responsive screen, too. It takes no effort for me to type, or swipe.

OTHER FEATURES:

WI-FI - Seriously, this phone has wi-fi capability! If you have a wi-fi connection at home, you can connect your phone to it and browse the internet at high speeds for free, without using data or minutes. Oh, it is so much fun. I use it to watch Youtube, which you can also do on this phone.

BLUETOOTH - This comes in handy when you want to use a wireless headset, or connect to another bluetooth device. I use mine to make a connection to my PC, where I can download and upload files without having to remove the SD card from the phone. It's much easier that way.

CAMERA/VIDEO CAMERA - This phone has a 2.3 megapixel camera, which is decent. The picture quality is quite good. I've been taking snaphots all afternoon with mine. The video camera side is decent as well. Don't expect HD quality, but if you want something with fair quality and sound, the video camera is more than adequate for the task.

GAMES AND APPS - First thing I did was download Opera Mini. I also installed a few games, which you can do through Net10's games and apps link when using the standard browser. I bought Bejeweled and Oregon Trail. :D Keep in mind, though, that this isn't an Android or iOS phone, which means app choices are limited. Still, I was able to logon to Facebook, Twitter, and a few other sites without any trouble. This phone is quite capable in that regard.

MUSIC PLAYER - The phone comes with a standard music player, and you can sort by title, album, etc. It's a solid program, not much to say aside from that.

VIDEO PLAYER - The phone also comes with a video player, which can watch movies in 320x240 resolution. The usable formats so far, for me, have been 3GP and MP4. So keep that in mind if you want to load videos onto your phone for viewing later. I recommend a conversion program to convert to 320x240 3GP.

STANDARD OPTIONS - You also have your contacts, texting, email (you can set it so it only sends when you're using wi-fi), calendar, and other standard programs.

OTHER NOTES - Here's a few things I want to pass along to you so you can get the most out of your phone:
Firstly, if you want to make your own ringtones, use MP3 format. Also, don't let the size of the file go over 250KB. If you do, it won't be able to work as a ringtone. This is a limitation of the LG900G as well. Still, you should be able to do a lot with that 250KB of space. I recommend using Audacity to cut and convert your music files for ringtones, as you can adjust quality to make the file smaller.

Aside from that, enjoy your phone! I know I'm enjoying mine!

John
on May 23, 2013
I read the term "smartish phone" applied to the LG840G somewhere and liked it. If the iPhone 5 is genius, this thing has an IQ of about 85. Nonetheless it gets five stars from me, simply because you can't beat it for the price. For $35.00 on Amazon and no contract, I got a phone that does 90% of what I would use an iPhone for. The other 10% I can do better with my iPad anyway.

The phone arrived a day earlier than originally expected (I ordered it on the weekend). I called Net10 to transfer my old Net10 number. Contrary to some other reviews the transfer was as next to painless as such things could be. The service rep was courteous and his English (though heavily accented) was clear. Within 15 minutes I was up and running.

This phone looks like a smartphone, but is only smartish. You can't get apps (other than some games and a few java apps), so it's pretty much what you see. But that's not bad. There's a basic 2 MP camera and music player (you need to get a separate USB cable to connect to computer) a notepad, and a few other basic apps. For me, all I need.

My old flip-phone only cost me $4.00 less, but was SO much less useful. I'm actually glad my wife dropped it in the water. Thank you, Honey.
-------- Update ---------
Having used the phone for a while now I've been able to find a few of its idiosyncrasies. The User Interface is practical but not fancy. The touch screen is a bit jerky and it's easy to open an app by mistake when trying to swipe to the next screen. The browser is very very basic. Don't expect to do any iPhone type surfing on it. Messages with downloads don't give you the info of who sent it so you use data time to download who-knows-what (today it was a "good luck angel" from a number i've never seen). By default the Notebook App brings up a number pad instead of the QWERTY keyboard, but this is easily fixable. Up in the right hand corner of the new note is a square with lines in it. Tap it and it gives you an "input" option. Select "keyboard" and type away. Unfortunately there is no way to save that setting. You have to do it each note.

The same thing is available in other apps that take text. The most frustrating is the Contacts app. Each field brings up the same issue. You either have to type the first and last name with the phone numeric keyboard or set the input option to keyboard each time.

When I tried to upload music to the phone with a USB cable, my MacBook (Running OSX Lion) wouldn't see it. I removed the Micro SD card and used a card reader. That worked just fine, though it's a little more trouble. Sound is OK but not great with headphones (my iPod shuffle sounds slightly better in the bass range).

With all that being said, I'm still very happy with this phone. It does all I need for very little money. I recommend it for the great number of callers who want more than a basic flip phone, but for whom an iPhone would be expensive overkill.
Great Phone, I highly recommend. A first model one I had seemed to have an issue with the Hibernate button, but no more. Easily transfered all my contacts to the phone via bluetooth and was able to buy a decent case for it as well. This is NOT an android phone, however, it's the next vest thing. You can also use the wifi option to keep from eating your minutes. A lot of places these days have Free Wifi too. The battery life os also good as well. I do recomend the case though as the phone would be slippery as Most phones are, without the case.