5.0 out of 5 stars Great phone for the price
Bought my wife one a couple weeks ago and liked it so well I bought myself one.
I've been using NET10 for years. This phone works off 3G. For two senior citizens, it does all we requie.
Only down side is the touch screen. Being seniors it's been an ajustment for us to learn to touch softly.
If you want a phone that makes calls, has a good calender to keep...
Published 20 months ago by BLueduster

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good not-so-smart phone
Published 19 months ago by JYHawaii

5.0 out of 5 stars Great phone for the price, April 19, 2013
This review is from: LG 840G Prepaid Phone (Net10) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
Bought my wife one a couple weeks ago and liked it so well I bought myself one.
If you want a phone that makes calls, has a good calender to keep your appointments. This is it.
It is not an internet surfing machine. It's not a smart phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars LG840G PHONE (NET10), March 23, 2013
5.0 out of 5 stars LG840G, March 23, 2013
By DALDRIDGE - See all my reviews
This review is from: 5x LG 840G LG840G for Tracfone Premium Clear LCD Screen Protector Kit, Exact fit, no cutting. (5 pieces by GUARMOR) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
The LG840G surpassed all my expectations, it was easy to use in all aspects, everything functioned as it should. I am so impressed with the LG840G(net10) phone, I'm going to buy another one & give it to my wife ! i use to have a LG800G, you can't compare the two THE LG840G is in a league of it's OWN ! PROS.. EASY TO OPERATE, TRUE TOUCH SCREEN, SPEAKERS(GREAT), & I HAVE NEVER HAD A DROPPED CALL,PS. MY PHONE HAS EVEN CONNECTED MY CALLS WITH NO BARS SHOWING, VERY EASY TO PROGRAM THE FUNCTIONS YOU WANT TO.. I RATE THIS PHONE 5 OUT OF 5......To many functions to list all....CONS!! ..THE OWNERS MANUAL..JUST A MERE BASIC MANUAL, IGIVE THE MANUAL A 2.5/3 RATING THAT BEING SAID IT NO PROBLEM TO PROGAM YOUR FUNCTIONS.... AMAZON- PROS.. VERY EASY 5 OUT OF 5...CONS? NONE!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this LG 840G Net10 phone!, June 19, 2013
This review is from: LG 840G Prepaid Phone (Net10) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
Was quite excited to find this phone with Net10 service at Amazon, (Amazing Amazon!), because, the Net10 750 minute card for $25.00, gives me the biggest bang for the buck, and web/data usage is just deducted from the minutes also. I wanted as "smart" a phone as I could get without being required to pay $40.00 or more per month for service, and the LG 840G fits the bill beautifully! I must admit that I don't tend to use the web on my phone all that much, but the screen is an acceptable size if I need to do so. The camera is great and I've sent photos to friends. ( I'm not a kid, and switched from a flip phone, to see if I could adjust to the touch screen, and it was so easy with this phone!) Texting is a "piece of cake", with the virtual qwerty keyboard. The service is key, though. Tracfone is great, (same family as Net10), as this phone, as a tracfone, has triple minutes for life, but if you require 500 or more minutes per month, this phone, wit Net10 service is the way to go. I like using a stylus with it, and Amazon has some great choices, (including some that connect to the phone so it is always handy), but the touch screen responds just as well to your fingertips. The LG840G may not be a smartphone, per se, but it is certainly smart enough for me, and, probably for many more people out there, who just wanna be a bit more updated and feel more connected to what everyone else is doing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite good, May 2, 2013
This review is from: LG 840G Prepaid Phone (Net10) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
This is an excellent upgrade from my old Net10 flip phone. Feels very solid, kind of big but not real heavy. The screen is not real sensitive so I never butt dial. Overall very easy to use. The only problem is it is a bit slippery, so if you're a butterfingers like me you might want a case. And a screen protector never hurts.

The camera is decent--not real high quality, but it's great to have a functional camera in my pocket.
It comes with a 2 GB micro SD card, which for me is plenty. You can transfer pictures/video from the phone (the memory card) to a computer with a micro-B USB cord (it's the same kind used for a Kindle Fire).
The battery life is quite good. I only use it lightly but I only have to charge it about once a week.

I would recommend this to anyone who wants a simple, easy to use phone that isn't quite as old-school as a flip phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Daughter Loved It!, April 29, 2013
This review is from: LG 840G Prepaid Phone (Net10) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I bought one for my daughter, and she loved it. It was perfect for her age group (early-mid teens), and it was very customizable. The added WiFi option does provide the subpar mobile internet, but it is good for quick searches. Otherwise, this phone is worth the money! I bought a nice gel case at a low cost. It has those extra side features that make the user experiance even better. I totally recommend this phone if you're looking for something great but not too expensive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, May 16, 2013
Bryan Heath (Ashville,NY, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LG 840G Prepaid Phone (Net10) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
Chose this phone after thorough research. Glad I did.

Pros:
-Form factor
-Responsive touch screen
-Superior battery life
-Un-bloated OS
-Doesn't require unlimited plan
-3G works

Cons:
-Onscreen qwerty is not default
-Had to load apps onto micro-sd manually from PC
-Sound quality is better on BT device

Other thoughts:
-This phone is the best choice if you want to avoid unlimited plan charges on a touchscreen with apps.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice phone, May 14, 2013
This review is from: LG 840G Prepaid Phone (Net10) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I wanted a touch phone and this one seemed to have everything I needed. What I really like about the phone is the touch screen because it makes the items and messages on the phone bigger and easier to see. I also like the fact that it is so much easier to text someone (especially my granddaughters) because you get the keyboard for your text messages. The only thing I don't really like, is the fact that it is so easy to touch the wrong thing by accident, but I'm getting better all the time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good "Smartish" phone, May 23, 2013
This review is from: LG 840G Prepaid Phone (Net10) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I read the term "smartish phone" applied to the LG840G somewhere and liked it. If the iPhone 5 is genius, this thing has an IQ of about 85. Nonetheless it gets five stars from me, simply because you can't beat it for the price. For $35.00 on Amazon and no contract, I got a phone that does 90% of what I would use an iPhone for. The other 10% I can do better with my iPad anyway.

The phone arrived a day earlier than originally expected (I ordered it on the weekend). I called Net10 to transfer my old Net10 number. Contrary to some other reviews the transfer was as next to painless as such things could be. The service rep was courteous and his English (though heavily accented) was clear. Within 15 minutes I was up and running.

This phone looks like a smartphone, but is only smartish. You can't get apps (other than some games and a few java apps), so it's pretty much what you see. But that's not bad. There's a basic 2 MP camera and music player (you need to get a separate USB cable to connect to computer) a notepad, and a few other basic apps. For me, all I need.

My old flip-phone only cost me $4.00 less, but was SO much less useful. I'm actually glad my wife dropped it in the water. Thank you, Honey.
-------- Update ---------
Having used the phone for a while now I've been able to find a few of its idiosyncrasies. The User Interface is practical but not fancy. The touch screen is a bit jerky and it's easy to open an app by mistake when trying to swipe to the next screen. The browser is very very basic. Don't expect to do any iPhone type surfing on it. Messages with downloads don't give you the info of who sent it so you use data time to download who-knows-what (today it was a "good luck angel" from a number i've never seen). By default the Notebook App brings up a number pad instead of the QWERTY keyboard, but this is easily fixable. Up in the right hand corner of the new note is a square with lines in it. Tap it and it gives you an "input" option. Select "keyboard" and type away. Unfortunately there is no way to save that setting. You have to do it each note.

The same thing is available in other apps that take text. The most frustrating is the Contacts app. Each field brings up the same issue. You either have to type the first and last name with the phone numeric keyboard or set the input option to keyboard each time.

When I tried to upload music to the phone with a USB cable, my MacBook (Running OSX Lion) wouldn't see it. I removed the Micro SD card and used a card reader. That worked just fine, though it's a little more trouble. Sound is OK but not great with headphones (my iPod shuffle sounds slightly better in the bass range).

With all that being said, I'm still very happy with this phone. It does all I need for very little money. I recommend it for the great number of callers who want more than a basic flip phone, but for whom an iPhone would be expensive overkill.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's Working Great!, March 5, 2013
This review is from: LG 840G Prepaid Phone (Net10) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
Great Phone, I highly recommend. A first model one I had seemed to have an issue with the Hibernate button, but no more. Easily transfered all my contacts to the phone via bluetooth and was able to buy a decent case for it as well. This is NOT an android phone, however, it's the next vest thing. You can also use the wifi option to keep from eating your minutes. A lot of places these days have Free Wifi too. The battery life os also good as well. I do recomend the case though as the phone would be slippery as Most phones are, without the case.

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good not-so-smart phone, May 20, 2013
This review is from: LG 840G Prepaid Phone (Net10) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
This is a pretty good non-smartphone, does everything quite well and worth the upgrade from an LG320 for the web access. A problem encountered a few times when turning it on has been a "non-registered SIM card" message, with the capability to only dial 911. So far it has been solved by turning it completely off, then turning on to start up again, after which time it works normally. Hopefully it doesn't develop into something more serious.