Well, I know the opinions so far are very varied on this model of phone.
This is my first "smart-phone-wannabe", so I can't compare it to anything but previous
Sanyo and Motorola phones I've owned.

When I got the phone, I was actually pretty surprised by how small this thing is!
Not that I expected a Kindle-sized phone, but I certainly thought it...
Published on May 28, 2011 by KatyKatIL

3.0 out of 5 stars Great phone bad customer service
Published on August 6, 2011 by starboop63

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of features for the price - definitely worth checking into, May 28, 2011
This review is from: LG 900G Prepaid Phone (Net10) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
Well, I know the opinions so far are very varied on this model of phone.
Sanyo and Motorola phones I've owned.

Not that I expected a Kindle-sized phone, but I certainly thought it would be maybe 2" bigger than it was. That being said, it makes it a bit of a challenge for us older people who already need magnifying glasses on occasion! The saving grace for me will be that I can add the numbers I call the most to the contacts list and go from there! The Querty keypad that I thought would be great works great, but is really a bit of a pain to use. Men - forget about it. The keys are miniscule and close together. Ladies and younger teens/tweens will probably have no issues. The numbers only exist as a shift/key stroke on the middle set of keys. See the silver color in the middle keys? Those are your numbers. Yup - that's all. I didn't even see numbers on them at all until I turned on
the overhead light and got my glasses on! So, it's a bit of a pain in daylight. In a dark room, they do light up as part of the lighted keypad.

We have a regular family plan with another carrier. When we tried to add a phone for me, we were told we could not add another phone yet. (??!?) I suppose they are waiting for the current contract to expire. Anyway, it was a real pain in the rump. I started looking for other services.

NOTE: How well this or ANY other prepaid service phone is going to work for you is really dependent upon your area. Tower access differs all over the country, so there isn't any way to say an absolute yes or no as to whether or not this will work for you. That being said, do some research and find out what phones are listed as working in your zip code. WalMart offers that right on their site for the phones they sell. (For me, it was between this and one other carrier. I decided to give Net10 a shot.)

I also read HUGE discrepancies in the customer service and workability on this model. The reason seems to stem from where you buy it. The phones, plans and minutes bought directly from the Net10 website seemed to have the most issues with both the phones and the loading of minutes, etc. I guess perhaps the phones were not checked for working in the areas before being sent out. Buy locally, or from a big retailer with a good return policy, like Amazon or WalMart to cover yourself. Also, there were more issues with the auto-pay monthly plans than with loading minutes that you bought on refill cards, so be sure to consider that. You can load a new card directly from your phone OR from the Net10 website. I bought my card from an online retailer and loaded the code from the airtime code place right on my own phone, and had no problems at all. In fact, it gave me extra time.

My phone came with 10 minutes of airtime. The one I bought was also a package which had lots of extras, including a microSD card, car charger, home charger and headphones. What it did NOT come with and you will want, is an LG USB cord so you can transfer things like photos and music from your computer to your phone without using your minutes. (I ordered one today!)

Being a prepaid service, it does not allow you to send emails with attachments (sms/mms). Net10 has so far been charging me 2.5 minutes for accepting a message with an attachment from another phone, plus 1 minute to open it, for a total of 3.5 minutes. That is, for example, if someone is sending you a ringtone from their phone. It is worth it, and cheaper than buying one from the Net10 site. The minutes round UP, so if you make a connection and only talk 30 seconds, it is still going to deduct one full minute from your account.

This phone is LOADED with features for the price (I got it cheaper than the current Amazon price as of the day of this review). It offers bluetooth (you will need a separate ear or headset which is not included), internet, FM radio (you have to use the headphones for the radio, because the antenna is in the headphones), MP3 player, and oh yeah - you can make and accept calls on it too! ; )

If you want to look for ringtones or wallpapers, I would advise doing so from the ''' Net10 dot com slash data ''' website. Otherwise, it charges minutes against your account while you browse. The only app mine came preloaded with was Facebook. I think it was a quick connection - I got to the signin page, but didn't use it so I saved my minutes.

On getting a phone number - that was the only "bummer" part - I could not choose from available numbers. I had to put in the zip code where I would most be using the phone (home for me), and it was randomly assigned from their available number pools. I guess I could call and request a different number if it was something I really hated, but I can live with it. So far, I have no complaints on the call quality. Most of my calls (incoming and outgoing) will likely be local anyway. My husband works in another city, so we'll see when he goes back to work how good the quality is from there. He called today from the store, and I could hear him very well, and even the people around him were picked up. He could hear me perfectly as well.

So, it gets an "A" for quality of call. Again, this probably depends on your local market and cell tower availability.
One carrier might work better for you than another, and just read all the reviews you can find. (PS - I learned to pretty much
discount the ones who were profane. If they don't mind reviews full of venom, you can bet any interactions with customer service
were the same, and didn't get a friendly warm welcome!)

I look forward to trying out other features as I have the phone longer. I'll be sticking with the prepaid minutes instead
of the plans, however, because as I understand it, the company is based out of Mexico. I don't want to try to fix a problem
with an auto-debit with someone who lives in another country. Be sure to refill your minutes before your days are out, or you will lose them. If you refill BEFORE the days are out, they will just be added to the amount and both minutes and days will roll forward.

Overall, very pleased so far. I would NOT recommend it as a business phone - anyone trying to use it for business surely
would want an unlimited plan with a local carrier anyway. But, for the everyday user, tweens, teens, soccer moms, college students
and people who want to be able to access a map if needed, this is a really nice phone.

It feels good in my hand, and I am now on Amazon, shopping for a silicone case for it. I am used to (and prefer) flip phones.
However, I really wanted to try a smart phone, and so far, I am really enjoying this one. Note that it is NOT a true smart phone.
It looks a lot like a Blackberry, but it isn't. I can't play Angry Birds on there, or scan the new black and white info squares with it. But I can live with that for the difference in the price.

UPDATE:
Okay, loving this phone still. We've tried it in a couple different cities, and everyone can contact me without a problem.
The calls are clear, the voices are clear (both ways!). I wish Amazon sold the refill cards, but hey, I'll live with other places.
I've played around with it a lot more, bought a USB cable (you will need one, and it does not come with one, even in the bundle),
and plan on moving photos and ringtones to the phone. (You can download them, but why pay for it with your minutes if you can
transfer from your PC for free?) I ordered a gel case today as well, since I often have it on my desk, and it slides around.
The gel will keep it in one spot. (Update - the case works great - no more sliding, and it looks great too.)

All in all, this is just a hair below a true smartphone, and is totally affordable.
Still in love with it too. I downloaded BOLT mini browser, which is much faster than the one that comes installed
on the phone. Someone else said they are spammed from Net10 with text messages. The only ones I have had were one quick text
within a day or two of loading a new card, reminding me of their website and thanking me for purchasing the minutes. I haven't received an unusual amount of spam/ad texts from them, even though I wish it was zero. (I'll let them know if I need to get in touch! Ha!) I also occasionally get an email from them, but it is far from spam-filled, and has not been annoying.

I have downloaded a couple of games, but there is a big lack of games for this phone. The model is basically the same as the GW300 (European version of the L900G). While there are a load of games for the GW300, when I tried to download one of them to my L900G, I got error messages telling me that it was not compatible with my phone! So, I don't know what they have done with that part - they really need to tell the getjar people that it is the same basic phone. Once you download a game, you do NOT have to spend minutes to play it unless you are in an online version of the game. For example, I can play the skeeball I downloaded with nothing against my time or minutes. I also downloaded a small program that allows me to make my own ringtones. The weird part is that I cannot send them directly to my phone (I have not tried to transfer via bluetooth connection yet), but can get them if I send them to my daughter's phone and SHE sends them to me. I don't know what the holdup in the loop is on that one, but a small burp is not insurmountable.
Still loving the phone, and very glad that I chose this model.

SPECIAL NOTE: For those wondering where the heck the L900G hid the speakerphone - it is the "OK" button.
Push the button while in a conversation to turn it on, push again to turn it off.

5.0 out of 5 stars Net 10 LG900, March 23, 2011
This review is from: LG 900G Prepaid Phone (Net10) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
Owned the phone since x-mas and have no problems. As a long standing Net 10 Customer I am happy with the new phone. It is ten fold better than the phones that they offered through out the years. Works for me and saves me money love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Phone!, March 15, 2011
This review is from: LG 900G Prepaid Phone (Net10) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
No contract, pay only what you use. Good for surfing the web, emails, and texting. All this and low cost phone as well. I would think twice about ever signing a contract phone again.

5.0 out of 5 stars MUCH BETTER THAN EXPECTED, April 18, 2012
This review is from: LG 900G Prepaid Phone (Net10) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
At lot of mis-information has been put on these LG 900G feedback reviews.Maybe I can help.This IS a smart phone.Don't use a sd larger than 4gb.I put a class 6 4gb in mine VERY fast.Browser access is fast and easy.Within a few hours of receiving phone I was on Facebook and Yahoo Mail.I opened my browser went to a web page put in a number downloaded and installed a 700kb game on phone's sd.It took 3 minutes of air time,that's 30 cents for a game.If your having a problem with memory,or lack of, make sure your PRIMARY download location is your sd.If not,everything will be added to phone memory and you WILL run out of memory space in a hurry.You CAN mass delete msgs.UNLESS you store them on your sd.Only store msgs you want to save on sd.Someone could not find underscore(_).Press SYM then arrow down,you will find underscore along with every other symbol needed.Takes very good pictures and video.Blutooth worked flawlessly for picture,music transfers and hands-free device.Battery life is very good.1000's of FREE apps,games,ringtones,wallpaper.Dosen"t have GPS or Accelerometer(what do ya want for $27?).NOW,NET 10.I have been using Net 10 for over 7 years with no problems,no dropped calls,very inexpensive.When I transferred my old # and minutes to new phone I got 450 bonus minutes and 60 bonus days service.on top of what I had already!!That's $45 worth of service & minutes.I paid $27 for the phone.That comes to negative $18!!so....no complaints from me!!Got the black case and it looks just like a Blackberry!All the complaints read in the reviews,I believe have been answered.Anyway,as you could tell,I LOVE my LG.MUCH better than expected.Good Luck.......BUY IT!!!
Joe H.

UPDATE: You will need to install the Opera Mini Browser App.This will allow access to weather,FB,even Amazon,without a innsuficiant memory msg.You can download it free(along with games apps & wallpaper)at mobilerated . com,also umnet . com has free games & apps.Use your pc to go on website.It will then allow you to download straight from phone,with code supplied on website.Took 3 minutes!!Have had NO problems since!!You can even create wallpaper that you can edit and format to fit screen right from your own pics!.......STILL LOVE THIS PHONE!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Phone with Great Features, May 10, 2011
This review is from: LG 900G Prepaid Phone (Net10) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I've had my LG900g for three weeks now and I have nothing but great things to say about it. My last ATT&T phone was the LG Shine and it worked well during the entire length of the 2-year contract, so I trusted the LG brand. Mine is a Net10 phone and it was easy to register and set up. I'm not a power user, but with this phone I can do EVERYTHING I want to do...check email, check stock prices, surf the web, etc. It is fast on the web (at least in my area) and the reception is so good too. When I bought mine I paid $90 for the phone and a $50 unlimited monthly card so the phone was only $40...quite a buy for a phone with all these features (including music player and FM radio too!)
The only initial gripe was that the supplied browser is pretty worthless...it runs out of memory and aborts on just about every web page that has any graphics on it. I fixed this by downloading the Opera Mini broswer and that fixed everything. Opera provides a really good browsing experience on this kind of phone.
The phone isn't a pedigreed smartphone but doesn't have the battery issues that smartphones have either. Like my Shine, I charge this one up and I'm good to go for at least three days, even when doing considerable web surfing. As a bonus, I discovered it even uses the same battery as my LG Shine so I have a spare.
I'd recommend the phone to anyone looking for a full featured phone with low power requirements and long battery life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Most Durable Phone Ever!, October 21, 2011
This review is from: LG 900G Prepaid Phone (Net10) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I have had my LG900g for several months now and it has never failed me. My toddlers actually put it into the sink and ran water all over it and it never even turned off. I've gotten wonderful reception wherever I go, even remote areas. It is amazing, when I read the box for this phone it didn't say waterproof, but apparently it is just an added bonus. The only problems with this phone that I have encountered are that the browser that comes with it isn't very eye catching and is a bit slow, but if you install the opera mini application it is worlds better in swiftness and looks appeal; the other problem is that it doesn't do youtube videos because of an incompatibility with the phone and youtube for some reason. But other than that it is an excellent little thing and well worth it's price and then some. I have had far more expensive phones that you drop once and it's all over, not this bad boy. I have dropped this phone countless times and it hasn't batted an eyelash. If you can overlook the youtube thing or find a way to fix it (and if you do please let me know : then it's awesome and I have to say the best phone I've owned by far since my razr a few years back. Plus you get to feel like you have a blackberry worthy phone for a MUCH more reasonable price, it's quite a steal. If you're looking for a phone with style, a blackberry feel, something that doesn't break when you look at it wrong and a wonderful price for it's value then this is the phone for you!

3.0 out of 5 stars Great phone bad customer service, August 6, 2011
This review is from: LG 900G Prepaid Phone (Net10) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I am very happy with the phone and its features, but when I went online to activate it and transfer the old phone number to the new one what a nightmare... the people at customer service spend the last 2 weeks going back and forth they cant speak english, they keep entering the wrong information in the system. So I have 2 phones I have no active service, they cant seem to get their act together. PLEASE DONT USE NET 10 SERVICE. IF YOU NEED GOOD PRE PAID SERVICE USE BOOST OR TMOBILE. I am going back to T Mobile at least they are local and I can work with somoeone face to face.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, July 1, 2011
+Good reception
+Sturdy
+Keyboard Layout
+fast internet
+pictures good quality [even with lowest resolution, and it's good.]
+Net10 gave me 2.5 cent texting
+Battery Life
+Customization features

-Insufficient Memory errors when going online. Also some sites are just black and white, no pictures [I enabled pictures, JavaScript, etc.]
-Keys get clacky/loud after a while [text a lot though, and it's not THAT bad]
-Voice recording, audio gets regular-then-loud occasionally [more noticable in Super Fine Quality]
-Can't record your own ringtone but you can with message alerts, start up/down. It records in .AMR and it requires .MP3 ringtones.

Overall, good phone. Very pleased with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars If it wasn't for that very tedious activation..., October 14, 2011
This review is from: LG 900G Prepaid Phone (Net10) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
If it wasn't for that very tedious phone activation, we'd have 5 stars. The LG900G phone is a winner, don't see how you could beat it at $30. Besides all the more-than-adequate phone functions, it's a camera, video camera, MP3 player, FM radio and voice recorder - all of which work well.

Now that I'm past the problematic activation (took almost 45 minutes over my land line to get the phone working, many long series of numbers to enter that didn't work, reps that seemed to lack understanding and were robotic and hard to understand, previously on-line-purchased minutes that didn't download to the phone and required the execution of a crediting process), it would be unfair to not give Net10 some credit. Calls in and out have gone smoothly, audio quality and connections are good. Web browsing, considering the small screen, has been going well overall (seems to work best using the "mobile web" options and Bing to search out websites - screen formatting is quite usable). Even if one just sticks to the LG/Net10 "default" websites that are setup for you, there is a wealth of web information available (I was pleasantly surprised by the Wikipedia option and how well it worked). Also, you can get a bunch of minutes (750) for a very reasonable $25/month, 200 minutes, if that's enough for you, for $15/month (this option has carryover).

So if you're on something of a budget, this package is to be recommended.

3.0 out of 5 stars Phone Good, Spam Bad., May 12, 2011
This review is from: LG 900G Prepaid Phone (Net10) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
Net10 is a good deal if you plan on just calling and texting. Browsing is too slow. Another issue is three days after activating my phone, I started receiving SMS (text) Spam. Very annoying since I pay by the minute. The phone cannot block unregistered (not in contacts) texts, only calls. Being so cheap, I wouldn't be surprised if Net10 is selling its numbers to telemarketers.

Rate and Discover Movies