5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of features for the price - definitely worth checking into
Well, I know the opinions so far are very varied on this model of phone.
This is my first "smart-phone-wannabe", so I can't compare it to anything but previous
Sanyo and Motorola phones I've owned.

When I got the phone, I was actually pretty surprised by how small this thing is!
Not that I expected a Kindle-sized phone, but I certainly thought it...
Published on May 28, 2011 by KatyKatIL

3.0 out of 5 stars Great phone bad customer service
I am very happy with the phone and its features, but when I went online to activate it and transfer the old phone number to the new one what a nightmare... the people at customer service spend the last 2 weeks going back and forth they cant speak english, they keep entering the wrong information in the system. So I have 2 phones I have no active service, they cant seem to...
Published on August 6, 2011 by starboop63

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 414 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome phone!, December 30, 2011
This review is from: LG 900G Prepaid Phone (Net10) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I LOVE this phone! It's got a built in FM radio that comes in clear as a bell. Instead of having to carry my phone plus my MP3 player when I'm working outside can now just carry this phone. It takes a standard earphone plug (3.5). I use it with Net10 and am beyond pleased. I don't talk much on the phone but I do love my music. I've got a 4 gb sd card filled with mp3's and I can plug in my earphones and mow to my heart's content. I'm going to go buy another to make sure I have a spare, they're just $25 at Best Buy. Best phone I've had!

2.0 out of 5 stars Phone's great, but customer service is horrible!, November 15, 2011
This review is from: LG 900G Prepaid Phone (Net10) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I bought the LG900G - I like the phone. I don't text or browse, just use it as a phone. It came in a green (Tracfone) box, I called the tracfone website to activate it, and after 45 minutes on hold was able to get it going. I was unable to transfer my minutes from my previous (net10) phone because the new one was tracfone. That was all right.

Nice sound, number pads a little small (I am a medium-sized woman), good battery. OK? Foe just the phone I would have given 4.5 stars. But....

Trying to add time was a nightmare. I spent over 3 hours on the phone with customer service (ha! - what a joke), only to be told that the LG900 is now a Net10-only phone, and they can't add time through tracfone. But wait a minute! They CAN add the time, if I buy a tracfone card and call them to add the time. This was after being told 3 different things by 3 very confused reps, finally getting to a supervisor after an hour on hold.

Absolutely horrendous service. Tracfone and Net10 and Straightalk are all the same company, all use the same customer service reps, and my account with this phone is totally screwed up. I'm going to go back to a contract - not worth the hassle.

2.0 out of 5 stars Terrible Phone for VOICE...., September 18, 2012
This review is from: LG 900G Prepaid Phone (Net10) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I thought that I'd really found a great phone when I first began investigating the purchase of a replacement Net10 phone for basic text and talk.

There have been some mixed reviews, but most have been generally favorable for this phone..

I would have to agree with the favorable reviews except for one horrible shortcoming for this phone which should make ANYONE take pause before considering a purchase of the LG 900G.

The shortcoming is this:

To the person on the other end of the conversation, when speaking into the LG 900G it sounds distorted as if you are speaking through a mouthful of marbles.

Audio quality on the other end of the call is worse than terrible... it is horrendous!

Lest you believe that maybe I had ONE bad phone. Oh no! I purchased THREE of these devils and each one of them are almost unintelligible to the person to whom you are speaking.

At first, I thought my wife just didn't know how to speak into the telephone properly and that was causing the distortion and horrible audio on the other end.

I then switched and I spoke in the phone with her listening. She missed about 50% of the conversation when I spoke because the microphone built into this phone is so awful.

Thinking that maybe I just purchased one phone with a bad mic, I then purchased a second, and finally a THIRD telephone. EVERY ONE OF THEM produced unintelligible audio when speaking into the telephone microphone.

I have come to the conclusion that this telephone is virtually useless for voice communication. It's pretty decent for texting (though the keyboard could be bigger).

This phone was replaced by a Samsung and the audio produced by the Samsung is sharp and clear. That proves it has nothing to do with the Net10 network, but the perpetrator of the terrible audio is the telephone itself.

Too bad the audio makes this telephone worthless because otherwise it's a decent phone. If you never use your telephone to speak, then this phone may work for you.

However, if you expect to use this phone for voice commication, then run hard and fast AWAY from this phone!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars BEEN USING THE PHONE FOR 2 YEARS, February 16, 2012
This review is from: LG 900G Prepaid Phone (Net10) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I have had the LG900G for almost 2 Years now. I like it. I have had several other pre-paid cellphones from Net10 and it's Sister company, Tracfone. I have found the battery life in this one to be very good. The screen size if good also, not huge, but for this type of phone, very good, in fact, a Friend of mine has a Blackberry phone, side by side, they look alike. I like the idea of easy access to the sd memory card, It's located right on the side of the phone, you dont have to take out the battery to get to it. Currently, I have a 4gb micro sd card in it. It's bluetooth works very well with my Car's bluetooth. As far as Texting goes, I have found this to be very easy to text with, even using one hand. I also like the way you can purchase minutes for this, either online or buying a card at a local store that carries them. They also have a $15 a month plan too, the minutes carry over, if you talk alot, this one may be for you. I have done the minutes several different ways. Using the monthly plan is a very good idea, but I do not like having a monthly pay out commitment on a phone. I choose refilling the minutes online. I have not been dissappointed in this phone. I reccomend it! UPDATE: 7-21-12 I thought I would try to save even more by using a tracfone with triple minutes for life. As it turned out, Neither phone I used with them could hold a candle to the LG900G, I'm returning to it next week. This phone rules! UPDATE 8-25-12 Again, tried using yet another triple minute for life tracfone, The LG900G Wins again, Hands down, a Phone that fits my needs, worth the extra service days cost.
UPDATE: 10-26-2013 This Phone is the Workhorse of My Fleet, so to speak when it comes to my cellphones.
UPDATE: 05-02-2014: Went with the Android thing for awhile and now want to start curtailing my spending. I am returning to using this "Basic Phone" It is great to text with and call with hands down. Still the workhorse of my fleet!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great phone, loaded with features!, July 12, 2012
This review is from: LG 900G Prepaid Phone (Net10) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I actually don't use this phone anymore, but I still have it. So I'll just review it based on my previous experience with it. I got this from WalMart.com for ~$30, it was a bonus pack including a 4GB microSD card, a pair of hands-free earphones, and a car charger. It worked very well for the time I've had it.

Let's take a tour of the physical form of this phone. The screen is bright and clear, the images look pretty sharp and crisp. The keyboard is full QWERTY, with a few shortcut keys around it. The left side of the phone has the volume controls and the microSD card slot. The right side of the phone has only the camera button (you have to hold it for about 2 seconds to access the camera). The top of the phone has the micro USB port for charging the phone and transferring files, and a 3.5" headphone jack. The back of the phone has the 2 megapixel camera and a little self-portrait mirror, and the hole for the speaker.

Upon starting the phone, you will see the home screen. You can actually customize the home screen with a few built-in widgets (not many) by going to Settings >> Screen >> Screen Theme. For those wondering what the button under the left soft key does (the one with the two overlapping squares under the Send button), it is actually a multitasking key; it's useful when you're listening to the music and browsing the web or texting at the same time. The keyboard is quite easy to use, the keys bulge out a little bit so you can differentiate between the keys. The phone has most features you would expect from a feature phone, such as messaging, contacts, recent calls, organizer, tools (alarms, calculator, stopwatch, unit converter, world time, etc.), and even a web browser. The phone is also Bluetooth enabled, so you can use headsets and transfer files and contacts from a computer or other phones.

The phone is Java apps/games capable, so you can head over to websites such as GetJar and MobileRated for some Java apps and games. Not all of them are compatible with this phone, so make sure you test them. You can also buy games from TracFone/NET10's mobile website by using the built-in browser on this phone. That reminds me, you might want to use Opera Mini (a Java-based browser) and not the built-in browser, because for some reason, the browser almost always "run out of memory" when browsing even basic websites. If you want to install apps/games without burning your airtime, copy the .jar files to the phone/microSD card, go to My Folder >> Other Files, and select the file; you will then be asked to install the Java program.

The camera is quite decent. It takes 2 megapixel images and records QCIF (176 x 144) videos. You can adjust the brightness, white balance, color effect, timer, quality, and other attributes. You can also take photos with burst shot mode, just in case you have a shaky hand and need some help getting the right one. You can also zoom in for photo taking, but you need to set the resolution of the image to VGA (640 x 480) or lower, or else you will be presented with the "zoom not supported" error.

You can set your own MP3 files for ringtone, message tone, and start up/shut down tones. Another point of interest is its ability to play SOME flash files (.swf), just make sure they can start playing without the need of interaction from the user, because you CANNOT click on things. One other thing, the phone will default to saving things to the tiny internal memory (less than 50MB), so if you plan on using a microSD card with it (up to 4GB supported I believe), make sure you change the default saving location by going into Settings >> Memory Info. >> Primary Storage Setting and set it to "External Memory".

Now onto the miscellaneous stuff. The battery has a capacity of 900mAh, which could power this phone for at least 3 days if used moderately. The phone runs off of AT&T towers. It is a GSM phone, and CANNOT be used with any other carriers because TracFone/NET10 writes their own firmware onto the phone. The data speed you get on the phone is tower-dependent, and the max is around 240 kilobits per second (Kbps), or 30 kilobytes per second (KBps) since the phone's highest cellular technology is EDGE. If you use your phone quite a lot, go with the NET10 version; if you just want to use this phone as a spare/backup phone or you just never use your cellphone, go with the TracFone version.

For the time I've had this phone, I was quite satisfied. Although it's no high-tech smartphone, it gets the job done at a decent price. I was using the phone with NET10's $25 a month plan with 750 minutes for data, calls, and text. If you need a basic feature phone with a physical keyboard, this is the phone to go. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to leave a reply, and I will try to answer questions as soon as possible.

5.0 out of 5 stars it's easy to look up things on google, July 21, 2014
This review is from: LG 900G Prepaid Phone (Net10) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
This is a simple use phone... I had this phone for almost 3 years now.. and let me tell you that is well worth it... I dropped this phone by accident on the phone and it never broke nor chipped, it didn't even had a scratch no matter how hard the phone fell to the hard floor... it's easy to look up things on google, fast on texting, very clear voice and loud! I had great phone before where I will be glued to the internet usage until I decided to change and go simple, which is great to have to to just call or text. Sadly I dropped my phone on the toilet this morning, but to my surprised still works!!!
so if you are looking for something simple and reliable... this will be perfect... I had never had a bad customer service either with net10 people. and I only 25 dollars a month for 1000 minutes which is plenty for me!

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother, May 3, 2011
This review is from: LG 900G Prepaid Phone (Net10) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I've had this phone for 45 days via NET10. The camera is excellent, the build quality of the phone is great. But, there are too many quirks with this phone for me to suggest it to others. One being, adding an external memory card: I added one and my laptop will not recognize the phone unless the memory card is unplugged. Otherwise, the computer (Windows XP pro) will not see the phone. Also, I've found that while the unit's battery lasts a long time, signal strength is not enough to allow calls unless the phone is right on top of a cell tower, at least where I live. The camera quality is amazing for a 2 mpixel, I must say. But there are serious design problems and reception problems that make this phone a 'no buy' in my opinion. One example is taking pictures. After you press the camera button on the side of the unit, and then press to take a picture, you can (in error) press the OK button (center large button) to take another picture and will get the auditory feedback as if it's taken a picture---but when you check later, the camera did not take a picture. You have to press the 'back' button to re arm the camera to take another picture. That this phone would even allow you to 'think' you took a picture when it actually was not taken is stupid design. My advice is to avoid this phone, don't bother. It's a poorly designed and implemented product. Walk away.

2.0 out of 5 stars I have to get another phone, reception is terrible, August 27, 2012
This review is from: LG 900G Prepaid Phone (Net10) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
reception is terrible and always losing minutes due to the browser button always going on and it cannot be disabled.

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointed in this phone, July 20, 2012
This review is from: LG 900G Prepaid Phone (Net10) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I had this phone for about 6 months when one day the screen went blank. The phone itself worked, but I could not see anything on the screen. I loved this phone. It worked great and it really felt good to hold. It was slim and small and fit in a pocket very well. I was really disappointed when the screen stopped working. Thinking it was a one time thing, I immediately got another LG900 because, as I said, I loved this phone. The second LG900 only lasted about 3 months when the screen went blank AGAIN!! I spent 3 days on the phone with Net10 trying to retrieve the 700 minutes I had on the phone. I never complain about Net10 because I have always found them to be very helpful and fair, but it took us 3 different phone calls to try to get those minutes back. In the end I did get my minutes transferred to a different Net 10 phone. A few days after I had my new Net 10 phone (not the LG900!), the screen on the LG900 popped back on and stayed on for a few days.
I still sometimes consider buying another LG900 because other than the screen going blank, it was a great phone. But I won't get another one because I feel when two in a row go bad, it's not a good sign! I now have the LG501C and it has been a great phone so far.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for what it is, May 16, 2012
This review is from: LG 900G Prepaid Phone (Net10) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
The LG 900G works fine for what I need it for, which is mostly texting, the occasional phone call and a few useful apps. I have seen many reviews complain about the browser, but after downloading the Opera Mini browser the native browser actually gives me fewer errors although that may be because I don't have many apps taking up memory. As an FYI I could only download a signed version of Opera mini to the handset memory. The SD card would only download an unsigned version.

If you want a car charger, WalMart has this phone for $39.99 with bonus car charger, installed SD card and ear phones in addition to the wall charger.

Lastly, although there is no official manual for this phone, Net10 has some really nice interactive tutorials for this phone but Amazon will not let me include the link. Google 'LG 900G tutorials' and go to the tracfone/deviceanywhere link about halfway down the page.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 414 | Next ›