5.0 out of 5 stars It's a magic wand,,,,,
Love this remote. None of my local electronics retailers had this in stock. They were willing to order it but 20 dollars more than Amazon.com. It was ordered and I had it in 3 days. I love this remote. Makes entering text so much easier and it enhances many of the apps on LG televisions.
Published on October 19, 2011 by Troynnc

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice, simple remote, fair motion operation
Published on November 21, 2011 by Eric Cartman

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice, simple remote, fair motion operation, November 21, 2011
This review is from: LG AN-MR200 Magic Motion Remote for LG HDTVs with Smart TV (2011 Model) (Electronics)
I like the simplicity of this remote. Even without the pointy-cursor thing. The pointy-cursor thing - I'm not impressed. The pointer on the screen is rarely where the remote is pointing. If you are expecting Wii-style performance, you will be HUGELY disappointed. The idea of playing LG App games with this is laughable - it is just not that accurate or responsive. Hopefully a firmware update in the future improves this.

I was not aware you needed the USB port on the back of the TV, and you velcro a 2"x2" square thing to the BACK of the TV. I discovered this after spending a lot of time mounting the TV and nicely tucking the wires for the TV and soundbar. It all had to come down. That sucked. Also the spot that is vaguely described on the instructions for mounting the little square thing, interferes with the TV mount I purchased. So I had to mount it slightly above the prescribed spot. I wish they included some logic/rhyme/reason as to why they want something that is connected by a USB cable in a somewhat specific spot. Or at the very least, provide some alternative spots for mounting.

But, like I said - it still functions great as just a simple clean remote. Great for kids or wives that hate the whole A/V system routine trying to get the TV to work. Kudos to Amazon for including this with the LG 47LV5400 (Fantastic TV, phenomenal value).

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty meh., December 9, 2011
SoniaCat (North Dakota) - See all my reviews
First I'd like to mention that I got my remote free with my TV... and probably wouldn't have bothered to get it if it wasn't free.

It is a very neat concept, but the cursor is really somewhat inaccurate and wanders a bit. The directions for installing the thing were incredibly vague. I still have no idea if I attached the velcro in the right spot or not, the cord on it is pretty short so my options were limited... but don't really care at this point to fix it even if it is wrong. I know it is plugged in properly at least... simple usb.

I use this remote when I misplace my other one, or when I want to feel "magical". Overall, Meh.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a magic wand,,,,,, October 19, 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars LG Smart tv 42LV3710, July 7, 2012
The remote is so nice and worked 100%

the package contains the following:
1- Remote with English keys
2- RF Dongle
3- Velcro Patch (to mount dongle on tv)
4- USB Cable
5- Wrist strap
6- Quick Installation Guide
7- User Manual (mini disk).

The accuracy of the pointer is so nice, its very easy to control, if you are sitting or if you are laying down, its so accurate with your hand movements.

Product is 100% LG, Materials are so nice and durable.
The balance of the remote is so nice,

The local dealer asked for 140.00$ for the remote, i got it from amazon with 15$, what a huge save. 125 Save!!!.

I recommend this product for people interested

God bless amazon.com (well done people)

4.0 out of 5 stars Working fine - Little workaround for sensor, September 17, 2011
Working fine in my 42'' LG LV5500...

Tried initially to attach the sensor behind the TV... in the middle... so I could have good coverage and use the remote to point right in the center of the screen...

However, sounds it was not in a good position... the connectivity was poor...

So the sensor ended up being attached a little upper behind the TV and it seems I finally found a good position.

Makes easier, for sure, to type in chars while using the Internet...

In general... good...

P.S. Ideally to use the remote at least 2 meters far from the TV screen...

5.0 out of 5 stars This should come standard with the TV, December 30, 2011
This remote is simple to hook up and use. There is a small slim box with a USB connection cable you attach to the back of the set. Nothing else needs to be done.

It works pretty darn well and I cannot figure out how you would enjoy your smart TV without it. No idea why the manufacturer would not include it with the TV. (OK, I realize there is a profit motive, but it seems that getting customers upset that need to buy an extra piece of hardware is counter-intuitive in a very competitive industry.)

The only issue I have run into is sometimes the cursor does not disappear when you are done with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, August 31, 2012
I have for two month now. First I thought it too complicated, but now I can say for sure that all my family love it. Even my mother-in-low can operate LG 3D Tv with it. Great product and unbeatable price!

5.0 out of 5 stars GOOD PURCHASING, July 21, 2012
I expected to wave excessive typing in arrows of remote control. Now, i just point out on screen and that's all. It provides excellent control and a very confortable way for controlling TV. Thanks.

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer Beware, June 15, 2012
This item does not work with 2012 LG smart tv's. The new one is the MR300 and 4 times the price and super hard to find. Try MCM Electronics.

5.0 out of 5 stars LG remote, March 4, 2013
Sounddrummer (Soldotna, Alaska) - See all my reviews
This is exactly like the one that cam with the TV but with Chinese labeling. It didn't take as long as expected to arrive from China and is an excellent choice for replacement at more than 1/2 the price of the American part.