I am an Amazon faithful shopper, and usually if something is for sale directly from Amazon you are getting a good price. When it comes from third party sellers, even if they are fulfilled by Amazon, that's a different story.

For all those that have a 2012 LG SmartTV, do not buy this camera from a third party seller.

If you purchase this from the LG...
Published 16 months ago by Chuck Steak

1.0 out of 5 stars Double what lg charges for to buy
Am looking at it right now directly from lg for $99. This is a complete and utter ripoff. Glad I checked first
Published 16 months ago by joe Newsham

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced by third parties, check for compatibility before purchase!, May 9, 2013
This review is from: LG ANVC400 Smart TV Skype Camera 1280x720p (Personal Computers)

If you purchase this from the LG Smart Mall on your SmartTV, you can buy it for $99.99, plus it gives you a complete list of models this camera supports and all the features. I have just ordered mine from LG after ensuring model compatability and will update when it arrives.

Regardless of where you buy, you should be paying under $100.00 for it, especially if it's directly from the manufacturer.

Do not buy this camera from a third party seller for any insane price over $100.00 unless you enjoy getting ripped off. Wait until Amazon sells it directly if you insist on getting it here, in which case you will see the price drop drastically.

UPDATE on functionality,capability, and perfomance: I received my camera from the LG Smart Mall in about a week. I tested it on my LG 3D SmartTV, model LM8600 with a friend in Sweden from the west coast US for 30 minutes, during which I had no dropped calls. Occasionally I would see picture distortion on a small area of the other person's picture, but it would resolve within 10 seconds each time.

This camera does very well-HD presentation, clear picture, clear audio, and cool usage features. I can continue playing video games when someone calls, and then it will just mute my tv and keep the audio going through the camera; same goes for regular tv or other home entertainment connections. Zoom function works well and presents clearly even at full zoom.
The only negative I would say-physical size is very small(not a negative to some) and camera is unable to pan in any direction. You have to manually position the camera on the tv as needed-not a deal breaker considering the functionality with the smart tv, the clarity, and the ability to see people in full screen HD.
Overall a great camera for your LG smartTV 2012, just don't buy from third party sellers for over $100.00!

Make sure your 2012 LG SmartTV is compatible with HD from the list below in addition to the camera itself being compatible.
Here is a list of compatible LG TV's directly from the LG Smart Mall site:

EM9600, LM9600, LM9500, LM8600, LM7600, LM6700, LM6450, LM6400, LM6200, LS5750, LS5700, PM9600, PM6700, PA4700, PM470T

720p HD video calling only available with EM9600,LM9600, LM9500,and LM8600

1.0 out of 5 stars Double what lg charges for to buy, May 11, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars This was a great purchase, October 29, 2012
I must admit that when I read these reviews, I always think that someone within the company wrote the great ones, and the rest were the average joe's. However, I can assure you that I am a real person, that spent days doing research on this purchase. I looked at approximately 20 TV's to purchase. All were either 55" or 60", and all had plusses and minuses. Price was a factor, as I didn't want to spend more than $1500 for a TV. I bought a LG tv because it had all of what I was looking for, and more. The LG cam was an extra purchase that I did not expect to buy, but I am glad that I did. Now, we when video Skype wiht anyone, this camera attached to the TV just makes it that much better. We can sit just about anywhere in our great room, and talk with our friends and family. Simple to hook up (just plug and play), and great quality. Worth your extra money if you like to video chat with people.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Cam. But can be better., January 3, 2014
For some reason LG website keeps rejecting my review without giving a reason. So posting it here.

I ordered this item recently on Dec 3rd from LG Shopping mall directly - Its only $99.
As promised it arrived on time (about a week later).

It was very easy to unpack.
Just plug the cable in the USB port and you are ready to go. But the magnet attachment to TV was awkward.

The part behind the TV (55LM7600) is curved but this camera attachment part is flat. So it won't stick fine. Hence they gave a tape with Velcro.

LG knew this issue yet they didn't redesign the item.

Another problem was the camera angle. If the camera is placed on top of the TV and if you want it closer without any gap then sitting 6 feet away will only cover your face and not the entire body. To cover the entire body you need to lift it little up and then tilt it down. That doesn't look very eye pleasing.

A big compliant is the the camera doesn't turn / swivel sides. It can only tilt up & down. That's a big problem for me. Even a basic webcam costing $10 does it. How can this one not? It not thought/designed right.

Video clarity is good.

The user interface in Skype is bad. The menu in Skype wont hide during a video call. About 40% of the screen gets occupied only by these menu. That's really bad.

And I have no clue why we cannot use the iPhone app to select the option in Skype call. We have to use the magic remote.

And why would it cost $100?? It's just a webcam.

I guess there is not much demand for this cam. So I don't know if they will fix all these. It will be good if they did.

Jai

1.0 out of 5 stars OVERPRICED, September 27, 2013
LG's suggested retail is $89.00 Ridiculous!!!!! Purchased the LG tv to skype. I will not be investing another $200.00 for a LG proprietary webcam. Taking tv back and getting a Panasonic. You can use an excellent inexpensive Logitech webcam instead.

3.0 out of 5 stars LG ANVC400 Smart TV Skype Camera, December 16, 2012
The camera doesn't focus well when in use. The outgoing focus comes and goes for the recipient and gives a distorted fuzzy view. Others cannot even see who they are communicating with at times.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear Sharp Screen Video, February 3, 2013
Easily connected to our LG 55" 3D TV and seamlessly interfaced with the TV's programming. The magnetic base makes it easy to attach to cable box.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, January 9, 2013
Easy to set up and good quality picture and sound. Would recommend to anyone looking to set up a skype account on their smart LG TV

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this camera., July 16, 2013
It's completely what I was looking for. I recommend it to people who are looking for a good camera for smar TVs with skype.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Picture Quality, May 25, 2013
I was surprised at the clarity of the camera picture. It came in so clear EVEN through Skype! I am very impressed with my purchase. Great choice of purchase!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›