4.0 out of 5 stars Met my expectations!
Great Blu Ray player, no issues at all. If you're looking for a basic, easy to use product, this is it.
Published 17 months ago by Dexter

1.0 out of 5 stars DEFECTIVE BLU RAY PLAYER
Published 13 months ago by james e. crawley

1.0 out of 5 stars DEFECTIVE BLU RAY PLAYER, December 13, 2013
This review is from: LG BPM53 3D Blu Ray Player Built in WIFI (Electronics)
The blue-ray player did not work!! I returned it to supplier at their request. I sent it back at my expense!! They said they said they would replace it. After they received the player back,they said they could not replace the player. I relied on Amazon to recommend honest suppliers. Amazon returned my payment, less the expense ($15.00) I incurred shipping the player back to the supplier. In the future if Amazon is not the supplier of record, I will NOT purchase ANYTHING from this site, priced over $10.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Met my expectations!, August 25, 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars Worse player I have ever used, September 18, 2013
This review is from: LG BPM53 3D Blu Ray Player Built in WIFI (Electronics)
Pros:
1) Supports all most all formats of video playback like mkv, avi, mt2s etc upto 1080p.

Cons:
1) Get pretty hot and then things don't work at all or work in slow motion.
2) Some Bluray's don't play at all, it is hit and miss
3) High quality netflix video stucks in between.
4) Disk menu is cumbersome, not easy to go to main movie play
5) Overall it is crap not good for any use

4.0 out of 5 stars Good choice for a "secondary" Blu-ray player., January 18, 2015
This review is from: LG BPM53 3D Blu Ray Player Built in WIFI (Electronics)
I needed a "secondary" Blu-ray player to put in one of our upstairs bedrooms, so our grandchildren can watch movies when they visit. The LG BPM53 has turned out to be a very good choice for this purpose. It's small, lightweight, and yet durable. It flawlessly plays every BD and DVD we've inserted into it. Video and audio quality are both excellent. (We do not own any 3D capable TVs, so I can't speak to the issue of 3D video quality.) The wifi feature does provide access to a very limited number of streaming sites (most notably Netflix and Vudu, although Amazon Instant Video is not supported).

I certainly wouldn't recommend the LG BPM53 for use as a primary Blu-ray player an any home entertainment center; it simply has too many limitations for cinephiles. However, if you're looking for a small unit for occasional use in a guest room of bedroom, the BPM53 will certainly fill the bill nicely.

1.0 out of 5 stars Slow, no support for Amazon App, September 13, 2013
This review is from: LG BPM53 3D Blu Ray Player Built in WIFI (Electronics)
This product is a LG BP530 renumbered for sale at BJ's Wholesale Club. It is extremely slow to load any page, I found myself wondering if the commands had been received by the unit and pressing the buttons again, only to find the device stringing the entries, but in slow motion. It is a totally frustrating experience. It does play blu ray discs, however, so that is something. It also does not support Amazon Instant Video, so if you have Amazon Prime, this is an absolutely useless machine for you. Don't bother.

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST BLU-RAY PLAYER EVER!!!, December 17, 2013
This review is from: LG BPM53 3D Blu Ray Player Built in WIFI (Electronics)
I purchased my player at a local Wal-Mart and have had no problems with the unit and in fact loved the first unit so much I went back and purchased another for my bedroom. My favorite feature is the DLNA streaming, It is absolutely flawless and works very well streaming movies in 1080p. I have the Netgear R6300 router and they make a great team. As well as the DLNA feature being absolutely wonderful the actual Blu-Ray disc playback is a dream!! By far the best I have ever seen. And I have owned amagnavox and Samsung Blu-Ray players before. I cannot say enough about this player as I really love it and Would definitely recommend it and definitely purchase it again. MAKE SURE YOU CHECK IT OUT!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Average, July 12, 2013
This review is from: LG BPM53 3D Blu Ray Player Built in WIFI (Electronics)
Pretty basic dvd player. Plays my discs which Is all I really need it to do. Average. Would recommend it to older crowds like my parents.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, January 10, 2014
This review is from: LG BPM53 3D Blu Ray Player Built in WIFI (Electronics)
excellent product meets what you buy .... I can only use it until I get tired

1.0 out of 5 stars first update and broke, December 20, 2013
This review is from: LG BPM53 3D Blu Ray Player Built in WIFI (Electronics)
We purchased one of these and hooked it up to the wifi. We watched one blu ray movie, then it told me to update it. I did. the next day went to play another disc and it told me 'no disc' on the screen. We returned it to the store, got a new one and exactly the same thing happened again. 'No disc' showed up on the screen after the first update. I do not recommend this player at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent alternative!, April 2, 2014
Visual8 (Caracas, Venezuela) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LG BPM53 3D Blu Ray Player Built in WIFI (Electronics)
This little guy works excellent. LG's packaging for this product was great, and I say this because I received this product in a forwarding service that sent it to me in Venezuela (along with a 47" LG led 3D TV). The item (and the TV) arrived in PERFECT shape thanks to LG's original packaging, as well as Amazon's packaging too.

The device itself has a lot of new web features, some of which I still don't use too much. The built in wi-fi works great for keeping your software up to date, and the video applications work great. The system itself does not take long to start up, and of course the regular movie menu is great.

5 stars well earned!