4.0 out of 5 stars Fits all of my needs.
I received this phone due to my scheduled upgrade with Verizon. Since I am in a family plan I did not have to set it to pre pay and continued my regular service. The phone works excellent for calling and texting. The slide out keyboard is easy to use which is large deciding factor when I get a phone.

There are only 2 complaints I have with this phone so far...
Published 13 months ago by Chocolicious

1.0 out of 5 stars The phone stopped working properly about one week after use
Published 10 months ago by Lisa Dellisola

4.0 out of 5 stars Fits all of my needs., July 27, 2013
This review is from: LG Cosmos 3 Prepaid Phone (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone Accessory)

There are only 2 complaints I have with this phone so far and they are minor for me.

1. The pictures are of decent quality but since the screen is small they are hard to see. It is near impossible to make out any pictures that have been sent to me by other people.

2. The button locking mechanism is not very effective in my pocket. If I bump against anything it will usually turn off and start pressing random buttons.

For a basic simple phone it does not get much better than this device.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good prepaid, September 4, 2013
Amy M. Noe (Crestview, FL United States) - See all my reviews
Got this for Verizon prepaid at Walmart for 40$ works great,. Reminds of phones from the 90s very simple. I use the prepaid 35$ plan since I have a house phone and since I have a tablet I don't need a fancy smart phone. Works great for unlimited texting and a few calls here and there. The camera is real clear too-

5.0 out of 5 stars Top of the line Basic Phone, June 5, 2013
This Phone is Top of the line as far as PrePaid Basic Phones go.
Verizon offers a few different plan types. Monthly - Daily - Minute by Minute
I went with the monthly $35 500 minutes and unlimited Text and Mobile Web. for $50 you get that plus unlimited calls (minutes).

The great thing about prepaid is the you are not tied down to a costly annual contract and you have cheaper monthly options.

I am a big text'r and this phone enables me to text quicker and more comfortably then other smaller keypads or touch screens (i dont really like smartphones anyways) plus the texting is unlimited so no need to keep count :)

Oh an the phone i got came with $10 free Airtime Minutes as well!

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy and simple, February 11, 2014
Great replacement phone for my old reliable flip phone I sent through the washer. All I need is to make calls and text and this works great. Was able to keep my old Verizon pay as you go plan.....that was all I wanted! Now with the sliding keyboard I can text with ease. I am not a heavy cell user have the phone as a back up to my land line....and for light use. Need to be able to text but don't need internet. This has the ability for the net but I use the computer for that.

5.0 out of 5 stars It is only for prepaid plans!, August 2, 2013
It is only for prepaid plans! For some reason Amazon "forgot" to make that clear, i was waiting for it to arrive very much, i paid for overnight shipping, when i finally got it the price went down, i can't use it for my plan (my phone broke). meanwhile i am paying a lot of money for a daily plan on a different prepaid phone i have.

1.0 out of 5 stars The phone stopped working properly about one week after use, October 22, 2013
Had this phone for about a week when it stopped working properly. The phone will turn on, but appears to be off, only the two side lights light up. Can't text or call when the phone does this. Occasionally it will light up and work normally, but it seems to be in some sort of sleep mode most of the time. Tried hitting all the buttons when this happens and it still does not light up and work properly. Apparently it has some sort of defect. Do youself a favor and don't purchase this phone....

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware, September 21, 2013
This was a prepaid phone and could not be activated by verizon when we took it into the verizon store.

1.0 out of 5 stars Would not give as a gift to my worst enemy, February 5, 2014
This phone is prone to sporadically locking up on you when you are in the middle of a call or text.
The web browser it has is a joke - I was unable to get on any social media site besides Facebook (sorry to buzzmarket), couldn't even got onto Google.
It cannot play music, stream music, videos, or even gifs.
The screen is microscopic, and the keyboard is equally small.
It has mediocre battery life and no effective lock.
However, it makes an alright paperweight.
I am just waiting till I have enough $ to get another phone, because once I've got that, I'm gonna toss this-this joke of a phone!- as far as I can.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for young pre-teen, February 19, 2014
I felt my 12 yr old didn't require a crazy expensive smart phone just yet, but an easy to work phone that could still text and call.
This is perfect!! I actually ended up buying two of these, as the first one lasted a week before she accidently smashed the screen in the car door. Whoops!! MAN am I glad I didn't start her off with an expensive gadget right off the bat. Yet the phone is a good size for her, and easy to add minutes too, we chose to replace it! It's been 8 months now and the phone is still going strong! Also you can't beat verizon coverage when she is travelling between mine and her father's homes.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth it, June 26, 2013
I used to have a smartphone with Verizon and decided to downgrade my phone/plan to save some $$$. Boy, was that ever a mistake. This phone just has too many quirks, let alone Verizon will absolutely KILL you with roaming charges and other hidden fees in a prepaid plan which make it not worth the time or money.

Whenever you try to place a call in a "roaming" zone, the phone will prompt you to re-enter the 10 digit number, all the while sucking up minutes. Customer service was unable to explain this issue.

Battery life is short for a phone of this size and capability. This is in part due to the annoying backup assistant update that pops up at 2 in the morning, which does not go away by itself, and there is no way to prevent it. WHY???

My BIGGEST issue is that calls and texts sometimes get delayed or just don't go through at all. It's happened more than twice now where I call voicemail and discover a new message sitting there from a few days ago. Hmmm...

Other thoughts: the design is poor - it is easy to accidentally press other buttons when sliding out the keyboard, and to hit the speaker button when pressing send. Also, the picture quality of the camera is very poor.

If you're on a tight budget, there are far better phones/plans out there. I ended up switching to Net10 and the difference was night and day. Customer service may not be as great, but the rates are much more affordable. No roaming charges or other "gotcha" fees. And, more importantly, the phone actually WORKS the way it's supposed to.

Rate and Discover Movies