Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on May 10, 2010
This monitor is low cost and lightweight. Adjustment on the stands are limited to tilt. Image quality, sharpness, and contrast are generally good, except for color temperature: the monitor generally appears very "cool", probably due to the LED backlighting. However, it's tolerable even for movies and games. The LED lighting allows for high dynamic range display, which looks impressive next to other monitors. Keep in mind that the high contrast only works for larger regions; text and fine graphics render as they do on a regular display. Still, it's a nice effect for games and movies. The LED lighting also makes the monitor more energy efficient (it stays noticeable cooler than other monitors). Altogether, it's a cheap, nice-looking, lightweight monitor.
on March 11, 2011
Since purchasing this monitor it has been fantastic and really is a pleasure to use.

- The LED screen is amazing, and the colours are so rich, and the blacks are actually black. Makes my other screen's blacks look like gray in comparison. I was also impressed that it uses a lot less power than normal LCD monitors, which should save me money in the long term as I use this a lot. and the 23" for me is the ideal size, as any bigger I think is too big.

- 1920x1080 resolution. This is huge and makes everything seem so crisp, and watching HD or blu ray films in this is really nice.

- Stand/Standless feature. This is one of the main reasons I bought this. I have this sitting beside my laptop as a dual monitor, and it doesnt sit way high like normal monitors, and the bottom is on the same level as my laptop's screen which makes using this a LOT easier. It is also very stable without the stand as the whole base is aiding its stability. Taking off and putting on the stand is so easy and take 2 seconds.

- HDMI, DVI-D, VGA, Headphone. Plenty of connection options, but HDMI is what you want, as means you get a better picture and sound quality. And also will be used for any new or future equipment.

- Buttons. These are all touch sensitive which makes the design more sleek. Sometimes the on/off button needs to be pressed the exact position, but usually I just hold my thumb on it and it will go on okay. Just needs you some practice to understand it better.

Overall an amazing buy, and worth the bit extra for LED screen, 23" size, and HDMI. I have used this for graphics work, web browsing, and gaming. All an even more enjoyable experience than noramlly. Gotta buy this everyone!!!
on November 12, 2011
Got this monitor to match an existing LG. Works perfectly right out of the box. Colors are fantastic. Games look great. LG monitor models change pretty often, I have 4 different ones and they all work perfectly. You can't go wrong with an LG.
on January 15, 2011
I bought this monitor so I could work from home and play a few games, as well. I haven't tried movies on it. Something about the picture quality is, in some undefinable way, not quite as nice as the Samsung monitors I have at work, but it's still pretty solid and far better than using the built-in screen on my laptop.

My main negative observation is that the image doesn't look that great when I use a regular VGA cable. I found an LCD calibration test on the web (google for the "lagom" one) and just couldn't get the color/picture/gamma/brightness adjusted right. This isn't likely to bother people with modern computers/video cards, but it's something to keep in mind.

With an HDMI cable, I had to wrestle with Windows and my Vaio's controls for a while to get the correct resolution to work, but once I did, everything looked solid. The picture passed the above calibration test no problem, after a few minor adjustments. I do wish I could boost the brightness a tiny bit more, but that's not much of an issue.

As for the monitor's physical design, it's very lightweight and low heat. The stand is a bit flimsy, but adequate for my needs. In short, if you want a super awesome LED monitor, consider Samsung. But, for most users, this one's nearly as good, especially if you can get a better deal.
on July 30, 2010
Bought one for the office, connected to my Macbook Pro i7. Great color, great resolution, love the crisp LED display, instantly recognized by the Macbook. Also instantly recognized by Windows 7 and Windows XP running in VMware Fusion 4. Very thin, very little heat generated compared to old style thick LCD monitors. I'm using a HDMI to Mini Display cable (no DVI adapter). There is software available for Windows to split the screen but according to reviews it's buggy so I didn't load it on Windows 7 or XP, so glad it's not available for Mac OS X yet. Monitor is lighter than a laptop, so if you use it for the office buy a security cable.

I brought mine home to show the wife (she was considering an expensive Apple monitor). She loved it and kept it, so I bought a second monitor for the office. I also considered the LG W2486 but it's $40 for 1 more inch and has features I wouldn't use. I would give it 5 stars except for buggy Windows software which isn't available for the Mac.
on January 7, 2014
When I got the monitor it didn't work. I found that the power cord was coming apart at the plug. This was obviously an issue prior to shipping me the monitor. I sent a message to sendor with no response. I replaced the cord thanks to Radio Shack and it now works. As far as the monitor goes, it works as advertised but I had to spend additional $ to get there and it was as advertised.
on June 7, 2011
This is my first LED monitor, and I had reasonably high expectations. Unfortunately, I'm quite disappointed. First, it arrived with a dead pixel right in the middle of the screen. Second, I'm not happy with the image quality. That may be my video card, but my previous 22" LCD Samsung running on this PC was much clearer. Finally, I do not like the touch sensitive control buttons. I had this on my Samsung and the power icon quickly rubbed off and I never knew where to press to turn on/off.

I'm going to return this to Tiger and get a 23" Viewsonic (DVI only input model) for the same price, which happens to be their #1 selling 23" monitor.
on March 15, 2011
I'll admit, I was a little aprehensive about buying a refurbished monitor. But these guys know their stuff! Saved myself almost a 100$ by getting it refurbed, and I suggest you do the same.
on April 7, 2011
The base is a bit unsteady but the graphics are great and the thin screen is a real plus for me.
on February 10, 2015
I own two of these, the first having been in use for several years now. I purchased this one so as to have an exact match when mounting them side by side, and to keep from having a serious disparity in color display and vibrancy. Haven't had any issues with the first one, don't expect to have any issues with this one. It was certainly well worth the price.