5.0 out of 5 stars Completely satisfied, very nice TV
Published 17 months ago by digsblues

1.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE *** MAY LAST ONLY DAYS ***
Published 13 months ago by Paul L. Parker

5.0 out of 5 stars Completely satisfied, very nice TV, July 13, 2013
This review is from: LG Electronics 32LN530B 32-Inch 720p 60Hz LED TV (2013 Model) (Electronics)
I love this TV, and you cannot beat the price. Like someone else said, the bezel is very thin, so the picture seems very large. I followed CajunJake's advice and ordered a $25. Cheetah wall mount. That came first and I installed in 15 minutes. When the TV came (quickly) I opened the box, put it in the wall mount, and turned it on. I was watching it immediately, and made no adjustments at all. The remote is easy to use. I'm not a techie at all and hate messing around with something to get it to work. This was fine for me, right out of the box.

It has the usual inputs - audio/video, HDMI, USB and optical audio input.

It has AV inputs and outputs, including one RF In for antenna or cable inputs, one AV In for audio and video input, two component inputs (one on the side and one on the rear of the television), one USB connector, one digital video out, one RS-232 connection, and one headphone output.

The USB has limited use in that with other LG models one can insert a flash drive containing a movie and the LG plays the movie... but not with this model.. only view pictures and play music.. no movies... you need to run movies through a DVD or your computer..

No VGA, but it has two HDMI and one USB port. Use the HDMI port from my laptop for connecting to the TV.

It does not have an analog RCA output, but does have a digital optical output.

Also has a sleep timer.

The picture quality is excellent, and the sound is great, too. I like it so well, I'm ordering another one for a different room, before the price goes up.

ETA - 4/28/2014 I've had this 9 months now, and haven't had any problems. I bought a second one, and it's great, too. Great value for the price.

The TV does not come with an HDMI cable, but the Cheetah mount I bought does have one included.

Thanks for taking the time to read my review, and I hope you found it helpful in making a purchase decision.

5.0 out of 5 stars As always, LG delivers!, May 2, 2013
LG has come through again! I already have a 42" LCD HDTV and wanted a smaller one for my "man cave". Of course I ordered from Amazon and it arrived right on time, as always is the case with Amazon. This 32" model delivers a HD picture using the entire screen. LG's are the easiest on the market to set up every single adjustment you might want to make. This one is a little newer, and has even more adjustments. If you click 4 for channel 4, it offers 5 other options of the over the air numbers, 4.1, 4.2, etc! I love it and will buy any product available made by LG. This company has proven it over and over. You won't be sorry!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent 720p television for the price!, May 26, 2013
The LG 32LN53OB is a 32" LED television designed for those who are satisfied with 720p video output without the 1080p price. It contains a nice selection of built-in features and picture modes and is Energy Star compliant. Its price point is a nice selling feature, but this doesn't detract from its video performance, which is respectable. With all this stated, the LG 32LN53OB is a lower scale television in terms of video specifications. If you're in the market for a 720p, lower priced television, the LG 32LN53OB is certainly worth looking at.

The LG 32LN53OB screen measures 31.5" diagonally. It has a refresh rate of 60 Mhz with video processing that enhances video performance. 60 MHz is fine for slower moving video, but will result in pixelization during fast action scenes. To add to video performance, LG has incorporated its Triple XD Engine, which provides video deinterlacing, color and contrast enhancements, and video noise reduction. This adds to the overall image quality.

The 32LN53OB comes with seven picture modes that preset different video aspect ratios. These presets enable 16:9 widescreen imaging without any scaling. This preserves the sharpness of the original video signal, which can be degraded during scaling. Other aspect ratios are supported by internal scaling, which enables these video modes to utilize as much of the screen as possible.

To assist in setting up the television, LG has supplied a Picture Wizard that assists in configuring critical settings that control picture quality. These settings include adjustments to black level, white level, color, color tint, horizontal sharpness, and vertical sharpness. These are all easily set using the Picture Wizard in only a few minutes.

The 32LN53OB supports a number of AV inputs and outputs, including one RF In for antenna or cable inputs, one AV In for audio and video input, two component inputs (one on the side and one on the rear of the television), one USB connector, one digital video out, one RS-232 connection, and one headphone output.

As is typical with LED televisions, the audio quality is not its most impressive feature, although it does a very nice job. Many televisions are a bit anemic in their audio output. Not with this LG television. The 32LN53OB comes with two 10W speakers that provide a nice volume depth. If you want to listen to the news while in the next room, you'll have no problem increasing the volume to a level that enables you to do that comfortably. Some televisions provide only a 3W speaker, which doesn't provide enough power to fill up more than a room's worth of volume. While the television provides a nice amount of volume, don't expect it to deliver grinding bass or nice low end. For that, you'll want to install an A/V system with larger speakers.

Power consumption is quite modest with this television, which has earned it an Energy Star rating. It consumes a scant 28.9W of power during typical use. Standby mode uses only .3W.

The 32LN53OB comes with a swivel stand, a standard remote, two AA batteries for the remote, and a one-year parts and labor warranty.

The 32LN53OB is a very good 32" LED television, for the money. It contains the right amount of features and performance to satisfy most consumers who are looking for a basic television at a nice price. It doesn't natively support 1080p video reproduction, but the video processors within the television do a nice job of hosting 1080 content. The television also offers a very nice array of features and connectivity options, which makes the 32LN53OB a viable option for a variety of applications.

Overall, the LG 32LN53OB is a nice television worth considering for those looking at 720p LED televisions.

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good..., May 19, 2013
As a techie, buying a cheaper off-brand before and realizing you do need a warranty for this type of purchase. I have been pleasantly surprised with LG brands. I had a great cell phone from them and now after testing their product out, the clarity and sturdiness of the products is good branding. I wanted a good TV for my PS3 so I could play my Skyrim video game, I can actually read the signs on the game when my character is running down the roads on the game! Fantastic compared to the last 32" TV I bought last year that blew a fuse within the 90 days. I am watching this Netlix show and I am just amazed with the clarity. Great gaming, Netflix, Youtube viewing and...the sound is great for a small bedroom (I'm on a lower setting for the room 14 level and it's not even a quarter up the volume level). Good stuff, thank you LG for helping me get my video game action on during my school break and yes, when I play video games it's all for research :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Oustanding Basic Features 32 INCH LED TV, July 7, 2013
Wanted a basic features 32 Inch Flat Panel TV for a home office (and wanted a LCD since they are lighter to mount to the wall). I have toyed around in the past by purchasing 3 cheap Flat panel TV's from best buy (two Insignia's (24 and 32 inch) and 1 Dynex (26 inch) thinking that all "cheap" TV's would be on par with each other. This LG costs about $50 more than a comparable 32 inch Insignia, however, I believe the cost difference is well worth the money.

The cheap Insignia's and the Dynex have issues with the HD tuner - they always have issues whenever I turn to a HD Channel - I normally need to go up or down one station, and manually turn back to the station that I want to get a signal lock, then, once s a signal lock is obtained, I will usually lose that station after about 30 minutes - these issues are NOT present on the LG.

Pro's of LG over cheap brands:
- Better picture quality;
- Better HD tuner
- Better Build quality

Con's: About $50 more than a comparable el cheapo TV (however, in my opinion it appears the extra money is worth it)

This TV is recommended if you are in the market for a "basic features" 32 inch TV (this TV is a "no frills" model). Good overall picture, and sound (comes with 2 speakers rated at 10 watts each). VESA mount 200 x 100 mm (I also purchased from amazon, a Cheetah TV mount ($25) to mount this TV to the wall - very easy procedure.

1.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE *** MAY LAST ONLY DAYS ***, November 22, 2013
STOP ~ RUN the other way from this TV. Picture went completely black on the 33rd day of use. This TV was only used to watch news broadcasts at meal time. Obtaining repair service under warranty is a problem. Once I was able to speak with a repair service center I learned that the parts are not in stock to repair the TV. Looks like it will take a week to get this TV fixed. We have numerous TV's in our house and have never had one go bad. I will NEVER buy an LG product again! Service Tech arrived with the new parts ordered by Best Services and installed. TV not repaired. Additional parts ordered. Service Tech arrived for a second visit with more new parts and installed, TV not repaired. I called Customer Service and explained I was a Totally Dissatisfied Customer, they could care less. More parts to be ordered and a third service visit. This is the worst customer service ever.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Bang For You Buck, July 1, 2013
We purchased this TV recently to replace a slowly dying 5 year old Vizio TV in our bedroom. Yes I said 5 year old Vizio. Anyhow when we started shopping for a TV this one made the short list a long aside a Sony Bravia, and Toshiba. This TV got slightly better reviews and was in the same price range as the other two. The main appeal to this TV was the smaller sized frame. However the picture is incredibly beautiful and crystal clear. The one feature that is taking me time to adjust to (and it can be turned off) is the way the TV will adjust to the amount of light in the room. I am a night owl so I am usually up later than my wife. When all the lights are out in the bedroom the TV becomes very dim which is good for my wife because the light doesn't keep her awake - however the dimmer screen does take a little time to get used to. If you don't like this feature you can shut it off in the menu. I read the remote was hard to work with - I have not experienced this at all. For the price and what we were looking for it's perfect.So far I would recommend this TV to anyone looking for a good quality fairly priced 720p TV for their bedroom, kids room, or where ever.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very surprised and happy with this TV!, August 11, 2013
I was nervous when ordering this TV because everyone always finds something negative with anything they buy and I didn't want to be bothered returning a TV. I myself am not a videophile, so the highest of quality isn't a huge deal for me. I absolutely LOVE this TV. For a lower end model with no frills, I think it's absolutely perfect. Upon watching a show on Netflix, I will admit it is a little darker than I'd like, but once I switched it from eco to standard, the color looked good. Sound seems to be a huge issue for people with lower end TVs and I think the speakers on this one are pretty loud and I'm satisfied with them.

My only complaint is the stand is slightly difficult to put together and screw into the TV. YOu have to really twist hard on the screwdriver, (unless you have a drill). Also, the TV feels a little shaky in the stand, but upon checking other TVs in the house, of all different brands, that seems to be common with these stands.

All in all I'm very satisfied with this television, and if it doesn't break randomly for no reason in the near future, I'll definitely buy LG again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic 32" LG LED TV, July 5, 2013
I already own a 50" LG plasma TV and have been completely satisified with it. My next TV purchase was going to be a 32" TV for the bedroom and knew that I'd stick with the LG brand. Since I only watch broadcast and streaming, the 720p suits my needs.

My big leap of faith was buying a TV online from Amazon. The concern I had was damage in shipping and then the need to return it. I went ahead with the Amazon purchase and could not be more pleased with the speed of delivery, condition of the package and certainly the easy setup, outstanding picture, sound and overall quality of this 32LN530B LG LED TV. This TV received excellent reviews on Amazon, which also helped me with my purchase decision.

If you're looking for a quality 32" TV at a very reasonable cost, there is no reason to look any further.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice TV, May 14, 2013
Very nice tv for the money. Have not spent any time adjusting picture, looks good with no adjustments. Would highly recommend