Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Nothing But Thieves Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on July 14, 2014
I just ordered myself one of these. The info and media for the LB5900 series is pretty slim, I'm guessing because they were only first available on June 8th 2014.

My first question was if there was enough room in front of the TV for a sound bar or in my case an HT-XT1 sound base since the stand is too wide to sit on the base. After some simple math and algebra, using the dimensions listed in the specs I calculated that there is approximately 1.89 inches from the bottom of the stand to bottom of the Bezel, with a bezel of about .975 inches. Which makes it 2.8655 inches of space before anything starts blocking the picture (solvable by a wall mount). So sound bars larger than that might get in the way of the tv.

I also cant find any info on whether or not any of the HDMI inputs support ARC. A lack of info would suggest they don't, but will see as soon as I get the TV

As soon as I get the TV in and hooked up i'm going to take a few pictures and add them to this post along with any other possibly helpful info.

***** UPDATE******
Well got the TV in... but unfortunatly it arrived with a shattered screen. Amazon is shipping me a replacement. In the mean time I did take a few pictures before I got bummed out.

Ok got my tv. And I love it. The picture is excellent quality. Sounds good. I've added some more pictures. Definitely love it. Idont have my htxt1 at the moment but I don think there will be a problem placing it in front.
review image review image review image review image review image
1212 comments71 of 83 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 4, 2014
This is my initial review, I will post a follow up review in a few months.
Out of the box, this TV is amazing. I still can't believe I was able to get a 60 in. this nice for under $1000.00!!
Let me start by saying I'm an HDTV snob. I only go for quality, all of my previous TV's were high end Samsungs. Before I even plugged it in, I was in love. This TV is GORGEOUS! Once it was all set up, I liked it even more. The picture is excellent, and almost every aspect of the picture is adjustable, so you can really fine tune it to exactly your preference. The colors, brightness, contrast, all top notch. Even the "Trumotion" is adjustable, which is nice because I'm still on the fence as to whether or not I like it.

There are a couple of small problems that I have with this TV tho, but the problems are not significant enough to stop me from giving it a 5 star review.
First problem, there's only 2 HDMI ports. This is a bit annoying, but can be worked around. The next problem is the legs. The legs are very, very far apart, approx 50 inches between them on the 60 in model, so this means that it will not fit on all TV stands. I had to go out and buy a bigger stand, one that is at least 50 inches wide on top. I see that many people on here are complaining about it not being a smart TV. it clearly states that it is NOT, so you should not buy this TV if that's what you're looking for. However, if that's not a deal breaker for you, this will probably be the best TV you've ever owned!
99 comments27 of 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 22, 2015
@ January 2015, I got this TV from D@LL due to on-hand gift cards reason.

As a low budget TV at mid $400 range, I have no complains regarding its performance nor it only has 2 HDMI inputs.

The only complain I have is about the location of one of its rear HDMI input (HDMI#1) is RIGHT UNDER THE BACKING PLATE OF ANY "X-TYPE BACKING PLATE" WALL MOUNT.

Again, If looking at this TV's back side, this funny HDMI input locates at 4.5 inch, south-east direction of the rear center point.

If mounting to the wall, I recommend to use the "2x Horizontal Rail" type of wall mount if anyone intend to use this HDMI input.

Another issue is about its power cable. The "Mickey Mouse shape" connector is very short (170cm) and rare. AFAIK finding a longer cable is not possible at any local store.

Both sloppy/stupid flaws are telling the manufacturer was careless during planning.

Well... anyway, it is a low budget TV!
review image review image
66 comments18 of 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 23, 2014
The screen developed light grayish "cloud" from the center of the picture extending across and down on the screen after having it 3 weeks. Waiting for it to be replaced.
77 comments24 of 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 17, 2014
Usually I purchase such items on Amazon but due to time constraints and competitive pricing I bought elsewhere. After extensive research and no need for smart applications I made my purchase buying the 60" model. The picture is great and the TV functions quite well. I have it hooked to a sound bar and couldn't be happier with the value I have received for my hard earned money. There are a few reviews here that speak of darkening edges, I have not experienced this but the blacks can look a little washed if your viewing angle is greater than 45 degrees. Great for sports and movies. All in all a super value
66 comments9 of 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 8, 2014
Bought one of these about a month ago, I actually enjoy the picture more on this TV then on my new Samsung. Games look great on it as well, haven't had any issues whatsoever and would highly recommend it for the price.
44 comments18 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 18, 2014
Terrific value! Got mine from another source on Black Friday, so this is not a verified purchase review. There are people claiming many reviews are fake, so you just have to use your head and analyze the reviews yourself. There are a fair share of 5-star reviews from "verified purchases," and a fair share of accusatory reviewers who are not verified purchasers. If LG has shills, then Sony, Samsung, they all have shills and it's a stupid silly game. Personally, I don't think a corporation this big would risk writing fake reviews and damage their rep. I think people who are unhappy with their TV are just paranoid.

Anyway, back to the TV. First off, this is a basic TV, and you're paying accordingly. So I understood I had to tempter my expectations. It's not for my main living room, it's for my bedroom and it's more than adequate. It's a beauty too! Less bezel is always better. The bezel is so thin, it's out of sight, out of mind. Out of the box, I did not like the picture quality. You need to calibrate it. I find that the Wizard program built in the TV produced great results. The model I owned previously was a budget Sony Bravia from 2009, it had ghost spots from the beginning. This LG model has none, so that's an improvement already.

There was one quirk I didn't quite understand. Every time I changed the channel, the tv would dim for a split second, then brighten up again when the channel gets settled in. You don't need to even be changing channels. If a program is changing segments or going to a commercial, it will normally transition with a black screen. Well this black screen will also cause the TV to dim then brighten back. So I dug through the reviews and I even posed a question asking if this was normal. Turns out this an automatic dimming feature on purpose by LG for reasons I'm too lazy to get into, but to get rid of it, all you need to do is turn off "dynamic contrast." It's found in your settings..PICTURE, then scroll down to EXPERT CONTROL.

Once I ran it through the wizard for calibration and my xbox one for further calibration recommendations, and turned off dynamic contrast.. everything was dandy! For $500, the picture quality is awesome! My go to movie scene to make sure I like the black levels is Back to the Future, the parking lot scene where Marty meets Doc at Twin Pines Mall in the middle of the night. The night sky is nice and black, the subjects are bright and crisp. Maybe I got a good panel, but for my experience, I believe all the great reviews on Amazon. Those who are accusing LG of fake reviews probably got bad ones, don't know how to calibrate, or are expecting a $3k tv for $500.
1010 comments11 of 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 19, 2014
Amazing TV. the picture is stunning, very bright and clear. As others have stated, this is not a Smart TV, but if you are hooking to an Apple TV, Amazon Fire or a gaming system the Smart TV feature is not needed. If your looking for a dedicated gaming TV as I was, this is it.
22 comments12 of 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 14, 2014
I love my new TV. The TV arrived ahead of time, and it was packaged in a manner that minimized the chances for damage.

As others have said, this is not a smart TV. I did not want a smart TV. I have my Apple TV.

This is a great looking TV. Great picture encased in a simple, elegant frame. It was easy to set up, and though I like the way they designed the stand, I am thinking I might mount it. It is thin, light and will look great on the wall. I'm happy!
44 comments6 of 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 15, 2014
Beautiful picture. Looks great. There is a person claimimg this TV does not have a 120hz refresh rate. That's not true at all. What he is reading on the back of the set says "AC 100-240 v~50/60hz".This refers to the power consumption and has nothing to do with the refresh rate. Do a little research before before you write a bad review claiming false advertising, dude. All that aside, this tv is great. I mostly use mine with the Ps4 and and i love it. I would say that if you're looking for a tv for gamimg and blue rays with no frills at a good price then this is it. It looks pretty as well. Its more of a greyish color than it appears in the picture. The only very minor complaint I have is that the screen can pick up a little glare in a bright room. Its really not that noticable, though. Bright colors, decent blacks, no noticable gaming lag. I'll update if I run into any problems.
1414 comments47 of 62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse