Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on June 7, 2014
Dual play is great. No longer do I have to hear "Stop Screen Peeking". If you don't have a pair on glasses you won't be able to make out what is on the screen. These glasses aren't about those people, are they.

Nice being able to play against another on a full screen.
on April 25, 2013
This is an amazing idea they came up with, dual play. For those that don't know what it is, it uses the dual image technology 3d uses but instead of making it 3d it takes a 2 player split screen video game and makes it full screen for both players. One pair of glasses for each player, one for player one and the other player two, both not being able to see the others gameplay. It works pretty good, I play borderlands 2 on it and it works great with another person. Downside though is sometimes it distorts the image but switching top to bottom or side to side splitscreen helps, also depends on the game like kill zone 3 doesn't split it very evenly cause they don't use a typical split screen, hard to explain but if you ever play it split screen you'll understand. I found top to bottom split to work best for not distorting. All in all a good product and I'm excited to see them improve upon this technology. As far as I know lg is the first and only company to touch this but I'm sure other companies will incorporate it into their 3d TVs.
This is SUCH a boon to gaming at my house. I always had a problem sharing the split screen with my opponent because a big part of my game is stealth. I got a 3D TV for movies and this is a great feature I didn't expect. I now can share my TV without seeing or being seen by my "enemy".
These are for the passive (or "Cinema 3D") type glasses TV, (mine is the LG), and are not compatible with the electronic (or battery) glasses, such as used by Samsung. Also, I don't know if it is PlayStation 3 compatible. The X-Box 360 has games that are dual-view compatible, but other games also work though the pic may be stretched a bit. You may see light fixtures or ghosting in bright areas, but it isn't really a problem. The only drawback I have encountered is that on some weapons, the display shows how many rounds are left, and that info may bleed thru to the other player.
I had to get 2 complete X-Box stations (game console, game disc, and TV monitor) to separate myself from my enemies before, and this made the single console work in the same fashion.
The glasses are not for 3D viewing, as they are "left-left" and "right-right" lenses, so there can be 2 completely different pictures displayed on the screen but you'll only see one or the other, according to the glasses you wear. Without the glasses, you will see both pictures overlayed on each other.
If you play multi-player split-screen games on the X-Box 360, these could change your whole game.
on March 5, 2013
I didn't realize that they are color coded and one was A and the other was B. So far with my tests they work pretty well. No weird issues and they fit pretty comfortable. Can't say that I'm too fond of the bright orange when your whole entertainment center is black. It would be nice if they had other color options. Honestly I don't think their worth the price they want you to pay for them. I'm sure in a few years they'll drop down to about $5. I use them on a Panasonic Viera Et5. You don't have to use them just on LG products.
on November 9, 2013
Got these cheap but more importantly they work as they are suppose to. As some have mentioned in the past regarding these LG glasses there is some ghosting issues but it seems to only happen on occasion. The ghosting issues are probably more a LG TV software issue rather then a glasses issue. The price for these glasses seems to have gone up but I would still recommend them regardless of the price!
on April 17, 2013
These are neat. I use them with an XBOX 360 and LG's 55LM7600 (awesome TV BTW) So far I have tried Burnout, Black Ops 2, and Portal. There is a bit of background "see through" in dark areas, especially if the other player is looking at something bright. Random shadow movements will catch your eye from time to time. Still, thats way better then seeing your partners entire screen the whole time and only having half of screen to yourself. So yeah, pretty neat.
33 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 18, 2012
What are they:
These Glasses are used to Make 2 player video games fill the entire screen for each player when the video game features a horizontal split screen mode. My friends and I loved using this with Call of Duty and Tony Hawk.

"Is Ghosting an issue":The Only time "ghosting" (the effect of seeing the other persons screen) is noticed is at extreme angles of viewing. I have an L shaped couch placed about 15ft from my tv and I have no issues.

The one draw back to these glasses is split MENUs are not displayed properly. Anytime you need to access a menu or any feature which normally takes up the entire screen you'll have to disable DUAL PLAY MODE. Kind of annoying but not really a huge issue. Maybe video game manufacturers will update there games to accommodate this new feature.

Over all: this is a fine product. Glasses are as durable as the 3D pair that come with the TV and I use them when ever I have friends over to play split screen games.
on February 20, 2013
These things are downright cool. They work on literally ANY split screen game. I've tried the original Xbox and the new 360 as well as the PS3. And they simply do the job, in HD or Standard Definition. In most games, you must wait until you actual start the game or match before you turn the feature on, or the menus will be unreadable. A few newer games (i.e. COD: Black Ops II) have incorporated the technology onto the actually game disk so the menus will be projected correctly. There is a slight issue with a very light transparent view of the other players screen can be seen, but it is not distracting unless you attempt to look for it.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 14, 2013
These work great, as long as you are playing a game designed for dual-play. If the game is not designed for dual-play, you can see some edges and overlap, but they are still a much better alternative to playing split screen. You can't use them as 3D glasses, and you can't run 3D while using dual play. They are a bit of a pain to clean, so I would avoid touching the lenses; otherwise, well worth the money.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 8, 2013
Paired with a LG 55LM8600, these things are great for split screen. My review is only based on my experiences with the aforementioned television, paired with a PS3 (COD Black Ops II).

There is some slight ghosting of the other players screen visible, however, if one is focused on the mission and not nitpicking, these do the job excellently.

My first pair did come with a broken bow, however with my replacement pair, that is a non issue. They are of fragile plastic construction (lightweight!) but given that, I can see how a little rough-housing could cause the frames to break. The hinges are simply a plastic compression fit with a small peg that rotates in a small hole. Nothing fancy but they get the job done!