Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on September 28, 2009
I bought the drive and installed it in a USB enclosure. It has worked great first time, every time. I have burned several Blu-ray discs and DVD's with no problems.
on January 18, 2010
At first I was a little skeptical about how popular Blu-Ray would actually become in comparison to on demand and video streaming directly from the Internet. After buying a stand-alone Blu-Ray player for my large LCD I was rather impressed and decided to buy a burner to create my own movies or backup Blu-Rays. For weeks I had searched through the big department stores and finally came across this LG Blu-Ray burner. After opening the box I was rather surprised to see how simple it was to connect to my PC tower through the supplied SATA cable and mounting screws. I turned on the computer and installed the software that it came with which was adequate as well. I downloaded a program online (from a sly little fox company)that would allow me to de-encrypt the copy protection from Blu-Ray discs to my hard drive and then to the blank Blu-Ray disc, the discs I had were Ritek rated at 4x copy speed. The LG burner was actually able to burn the movie at an even faster speed than the discs were rated. I have had this drive for a couple of weeks and use it all the time to backup movies. It is very fast to read and to burn, while maintaining a quiet rotational sound. I had a stigma about LG having poor build quality but after I realized that Hitachi had partnered with them it only makes sense that they would step up to the plate and begin to perform at a high caliber. This is a great burner and I would recommend it to anyone that wants to back up large amounts of data or HD Blu-Ray movies. It is also very nice to have one drive that is able to burn and read practically every disc format that is available. Now if only the disc could be less expensive... hopefully in a year or so just like DVDs.
on November 14, 2009
The drive was easy to install since I swapped out an existing CD burner. I've had this for a month and have burned DVD-DL, BD-R, and BD-R DLs and everything works like a champ. My limitations are bound by my CPU not being newer.
on January 12, 2010
I bought this unit, and had to replace it twice because of a faulty drive. Customer service was not the greatest, all they could say after 1 brief check was a "faulty unit". The same thing happened with a replacement. I finally just sent it back for refund. Never did get it to work. Hard to believe one would get 2 faulty units in a row.
on October 24, 2010
This works great, lightscribe not intuitive to use, installation was easy and it works as expected, it seemed like a little bit expensive first but its worth the money, good quality construction.
on April 10, 2011
People writing bad reviews should stop complaining and start educating themselves on the matter.
This drive works flawlessly. Fast and quiet.
on January 23, 2015
Works as advertised, BUT:
This item comes from China and is configured for Region 2, so you will have to change the region settings in the Windows Device Manager. To change the region number, right click on this device under 'DVD/CD-Rom drives' and select 'Properties' and then 'DVD Region" and change the region setting by selecting the country from the list. Keep in mind that you can only do this a total of 4 times and then you are stuck with whatever you had set the last time.

This drive also came with two ummarked Blu-Ray disks. One was blank and the other had "Iron Man 2" on it (a copy of a German produced with German subtitles) but it is also for Region 2, so it is essentially useless for anything except ripping. Whoever is responsible for the product obviously does not do much to target the country or audience.
on January 9, 2010
This Blu-Ray Disc Player comes with a trial version of the media player software and it nags you to buy the updated software each time you use the blu-ray player. Then, a recommended firmware update by the software disabled any usage of the player at all. LG said they would send us a new player and told us to not do or install the recommended update of the firmware and to try and uninstall the firmware update message if we can but did not give us any instruction of how to do this. But we will be returning this blu-ray to amazon. Also, it crashed our computer it wouldn't even boot up after installing the recommended firmware, we had to do a full re-install of the operating system.
on March 6, 2015
I wanted this drive for the lightscribe capability. The lightscribe function did not work. I contacted the seller and they refunded my money, no questions asked.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon September 10, 2014
I was an early adopter to Blu-Ray. It worked great for the first year or so. In the past couple of years, it will not read from or write to anything correctly, aside from Blu-ray discs. It still writes Blu-ray discs fine, but a disappointment that it does not read DVDs or CDs.