The best technology never makes you think about it. It's just always brilliant. When you're on the go, you want all your forms of entertainment just as accessible as when you're at home. Movies, TV shows, music from your playlist, games. The G2x by LG, with its dual-core processor, gives you everything you want, including blur-speed browsing and unmatched multitasking capabilities.
Including blur-speed browsing and unmatched multitasking. View larger
The G2x is a sharing machine. It has an 8 MP camera, 1080p and 3D video recording, and playback with HDMI makes sharing in HD and 3D as easy as sending an email. If you can see it, you can share it. Other features include Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g/n), Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, 8 GB internal memory, memory expansion via optional microSD cards (up to 32 GB in size), integrated GPS with navigation capabilities, Visual Voicemail functionality, and up to 300 minutes of talk time.
Share Anything Anywhere
Take your digital life on the go and share your favorite music, movies, and photos thanks to T-Mobile's SmartShare capability. SmartShare uses the DLNA functionality of the LG G2x to share content across wirelessly connected HDTVs, PCs, and more. An HDMI audio/video port enables you to output pictures, slides and videos in true 1080p HD quality using an HDMI cable.
Featuring an 8 MP camera with 1080p and 3D video recording. View larger
The supercharged G2x delivers up to 100% higher performance when running multiple apps concurrently with web browsing, file downloading, audio streaming, and background data syncs.
Fastest Web Browsing
With Flash 10.1 support, separate CPU processing, and T-Mobile's blazing fast 4G network, the G2x powers a faster and richer media experience for web browsing that you'll see right away.
The NVIDIA Tegra 2 accelerates gaming and delivers a smooth experience with faster frame rates, console-quality graphics, and a high level of interactivity on the G2x's 4.0" capacitive touchscreen. You can play longer too--low power consumption keeps the fun coming.
With a 1.3 MP front-facing camera for video chat, an 8.0 MP rear-facing camera with flash for high-quality image capture, and 1080p HD and 3D video recording, G2x captures life's special moments and creates memories that are almost as good as being there.
The LG G2x weighs 4.9 ounces and measures 4.88 x 2.49 x 0.43 inches. Its 1500 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 300 minutes of talk time, and up to 280 hours (11+ days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies as well as 1700/2100 MHz Quad-Band GSM and Dual-Band UMTS networks. What's in the Box
LG G2x handset, standard battery, charger, USB cable, quick start guide, user manual.
- Android Market for browsing and downloading thousands of free and paid apps
- Preloaded Android Apps: Browser, Calculator, Calendar (Google or Corporate), Camera, Clock, Contacts, Email, Gallery, Messaging, Music, News & Weather, Phone, Settings, Video Player, Voice Dialer, Voice Search, YouTube
- Google Applications: Gmail, Google Search, Google Voice Search, Google Latitude, Google Maps, Google Places, Google Talk
- Google Maps Navigation with spoken turn-by-turn directions showing real-time traffic and 360° views of the destination
OS & Software
- Android 2.2 operating system (Froyo), upgradeable to 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- Polaris Office for viewing, editing, and creating Microsoft Office files right on your phone
- Need For Speed Shift (demo version)
- SmartShare with DLNA capabilities for sharing photo albums, videos, and music wirelessly
- T-Mobile TV, Wi-Fi Calling, Zinio Reader, NOVA, Qik, Telenav GPS Navigator, Tegra Zone, and more
Connectivity & Hardware
- Dual-core processor for faster downloads, faster streaming media, and advanced multitasking performance
- T-Mobile's 4G Network for three times faster download and upload speeds than standard 3G
- Wi-Fi Connectivity (802.11b/g/n)
- Bluetooth Version 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate)
- HDMI output to share content with HDMI-enabled HDTVs
- FOTA-capable for over-the-air firmware upgrades
- 8.0-megapixel rear-facing autofocus camera with LED flash
- 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera
- 1080p HD and 3D Video Recording and Playback
- Voice-activated video recording with or without sound (mute)
Communications & Internet
- Full HTML Web Browser with Flash 10.1 Support
- Virtual QWERTY Keyboard with Swype (continuous finger motion text entry)
- Full messaging capabilities including SMS text, MMS picture/video and IM instant messaging
- T-Mobile AppPack/AppPack Widget offers a variety of T-Mobile–recommended applications
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- Video player for DivX, MPEG-4, H.263, H.264, WMV, and 3GPP formats
- Music player for MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, WAV, and WMA Formats
- DTS Digital Surround
- 8GB internal memory
- 512MB of DDR2 RAM for efficient multitasking
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for cards up to 32 GB
- Phone Book fields for numbers, email addresses, physical addresses, organizations, web addresses, IM screen names, a note, nickname, and picture ID
- One-touch speakerphone
- Speaker-independent voice commands
- MP3 music ringer support (clips from hit songs)
- 31 unique ringtones + vibrate and silent modes
- Hearing aid compatible (M3 rating)
- Text-to-speech capability
- 3.5mm headset jack
- Touch Vibration for Tactile Feedback
Android Operating System
The LG G2x runs the latest Android operating system--OS 2.2 (aka, Froyo)--which provides a faster overall Android experience as well as greater multitasking capabilities. You'll be able to receive notifications, listen to music, and even record GPS data without keeping the application open. And it features a plethora of new enhancements, including an improved onscreen QWERTY keyboard, full push corporate e-mail, and support for Adobe Flash Player 10.1 for access to the full Web. It also offers enhanced Exchange support, with Calendar syncing, Global Address Lookup, improved security, auto-discovery, and more.
With integrated Google technology, the LG G2x brings one-touch access to the popular Google mobile services millions use every day, including Google Search by voice, Google Maps with Street View, GTalk instant messaging (with presence capabilities), YouTube, and Picasa. The LG G2x also provides easy access to both personal and corporate e-mail, calendars, and contacts supported by Exchange Server and Gmail. And through Android Market, you'll get access to thousands of useful applications, widgets, and fun games to download and install on your phone, with many more apps being added every day.
T-Mobile Network Features High-Speed Data Connectivity via T-Mobile's 3G/4G Network
This phone is compatible with T-Mobile's UMTS/HSDPA/HSPA+ 3G/4G network, which operates on the 1700/2100 MHz AWS spectrum, and it can achieve theoretical download speeds of up to 21 Mbps. It's designed to automatically connect to the best available network (4G, 3G, or GSM/GPRS/EDGE) to provide faster data speeds when accessing the Web.
In areas where the 3G/4G network is not available, you'll continue to receive service on the via T-Mobile's EDGE network (which stands for "Enhanced Data Rates for Global Evolution"). This high-speed, mobile data and Internet access technology is fast enough to support a wide range of advanced data services (with average data speeds between 75-135Kbps), including full picture and video messaging, high-speed color Internet access, and e-mail on the go. T-Mobile's Expanding, Super-Fast 4G Mobile Broadband Network
As of February, 2011, T-Mobile has upgraded its traditional 3G network to HSPA+ 4G in 200 major metropolitan areas across the U.S.--cover 200 million people across the country--with plans to continue rolling out this network upgrade throughout 2011. With typical download speeds that are on par with or faster than competing 4G technologies, T-Mobile's HSPA+ network provides fast data speeds--up to 3 times faster than AT&T and Verizon's standard 3G networks--while allowing simultaneous voice and data capabilities for the ultimate wireless voice and data experience. You'll enjoy faster Web browsing, uninterrupted video streaming, and quicker app downloads.
T-Mobile's 4G mobile broadband network (powered by HSPA+) provides a theoretical capability of up to 21 Mbps peak download speeds, with average download speeds typically in the 5 to 8 Mbps range. Swype Keyboard
An alternative to the Android virtual keyboard, the Swype virtual keyboard allows you to input text by swiping the finger with one continuous finger or stylus motion across the screen keyboard. Based on testing, speed and accuracy are equal to or better than the traditional keyboard-tapping method. You can activate the Swype keyboard by pressing and holding in a text field, wait for popup to appear, click Input Method, and then select Swype.
In the image to the right, the word "quick" was generated from tracing the path shown above in a fraction of a second, by roughly aiming to pass through the letters of the word. A key advantage to Swype is that there is no need to be very accurate, enabling very rapid text entry.
Also Available for this Android Device
| || |
Amazon Appstore for Android
Get a great paid app for free every day.
| || |
Buy a book once and read it everywhere with our free Kindle Reading App for Android.
| || |
Shop 15 million songs and stream your Cloud Drive music directly from your Android device.
| || |
Find local movie showtimes and TV listings, watch trailers, and search the world's largest source of entertainment information.
| || |
Download audiobooks directly to your Android device, then listen wherever you go, get audiobook news, earn badges, and more.
| || |
Shop for millions of products, get product details, and read reviews--right from your mobile device.