4.0 out of 5 stars Great Phone, I love it
I have had this phone for about 6 months now and have had NO problems out of it. I read reviews that talked about the screen freezing up but this has never happened to me. I would recommend this phone to anyone.
Published on January 16, 2011 by melissa sauce

3.0 out of 5 stars easy for phone calls, texting so-so
Published on January 22, 2012 by Amazon Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Phone, I love it, January 16, 2011
This review is from: LG Xenon GR500 Unlocked Phone with QWERTY Keyboard, 2MP Camera, GPS and Touch Screen (Blue) (Wireless Phone Accessory)

4.0 out of 5 stars music, December 18, 2010
This phone is great I love it!!! As a teenager I text alot so the keyboard is perfect!!!!! I LOVE THIS PHONE SOOOOOOOO MUCH!!! there is one thing I think you should know about this phone though. when I had my old phone i was able to record somethig and make it my ringtone, but on the lg you can only use non recorded things and you cant send someone a song over 1 minute other than that this phone is great!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Touch screen with a twist & smart phone without the headache, March 31, 2012
This is a true quad band phone, it serves me well in hard to reach service areas. The touch screen is fully functional, but the slide out keyboard makes texting or note taking a breeze. Pretty good camera with a flash, the image editing software is very handy. This is a smart phone without having to have a smart phone plan and works well with ATT basic data package. Holds a pretty good charge, even though I average about 200-400 texts on a busy day. Great bluetoothe technology and syncs flawlessly with blue tooth in newer vehicles. The extra memory card you can install slips into the side of the phone, no having to take apart the phone to switch it. There is an mp3 player that allows you to play songs on your phone at a very decent volume, or through your car's stereo if its bluetoothe ready. I have recommended this phone to friends. I recommended it to my mom who is not to keen on newest phone features but with this she is able to text, take pictures and make calls easily. If you run too many programs at once for example, a chat aim window, a video game *monopoly which is awesome* and a text window, jumping back in forth there is a slight lag. This is very slight, closing the slider or hitting the end call button snaps the phone back and its all good from there. Also, one problem I noticed some newer phones have is being able to jump from 3g to 4g cell service areas automatically without having to restart the phone. I went through three phones with that same issue until I got this phone, no need to restart it jumps service areas without any problem.

3.0 out of 5 stars easy for phone calls, texting so-so, January 22, 2012
I got this phone a few weeks ago because my smartphone had too many quirks and I have several months before I can upgrade. It works great for phone calls. Answering and disconnecting calls is so easy to do, no sliding like with the android. But as far as texting it is not the best. I like larger buttons and that is why I wanted a slide out keyboard. But the buttons are too small to easily text. I also noticed that the screen is not as sensitive to touch as it should be. Trying to get something on the screen to move or work can be frustrating because it takes some effort to manipulate, move, whatever. The battery is not as bad as some reviewers have stated. It lasts a couple of days with normal use. It is NOT a smartphone so don't expect it to be. But, all-in-all, I give it a B overall.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent phone!, January 1, 2012
I purchased this phone new 2 years ago for my daughter to call and text only, and it is perfect! The keyboard is great, at first I was leary of the slider concept thinking it would come apart easily with use, but after 2 years it works as well as it did when we bought it. She is using it with a go phone SIMM from at&t and have had no problems. Great reception in light coverage areas. Have not experienced any battery life issues, with light usage the battery still lasts 2-3 days. It is durable, she has dropped it many times (without a cover) and without ill effect. After 2 years the phone is starting to freeze occassionaly, but all you have to do is push the home button to return to a normal screen, but many phones have more issues that this from the start so I don't count this as a negative. Am planning to purchase another one of the same model because this one has been so good.

5.0 out of 5 stars FREAKING LOVE THIS PHONE!!!!!!!!!!, June 22, 2012
I love this phone. My old phone that i had was a Pantech Link two. It was acting up like crazy, and wouldn't let me text. I would NOT recommend that phone, and the picture quality was absolutely terrible! My mom decided she wants to switch from at&t to Verizon in 3 months and so i didn't want to buy an extremely expensive phone and then just have to give it up and get a different phone for Verizon. No, that would have been wasted money. So I found this phone and went to the refurbished section. I found one that was $33.00 plus $4.00 in shipping. and considering originally if i wanted this phone to be new, i would have had to pay $70.00 that is a great deal to buy a $33.00 phone. Especially since I am only 14 and don't have much money. My mom got an email saying the phone had been shipped, and the estimate arrival date was two weeks, :( two days later a box delivered from amazon arrived, MY PHONE HAD COME! to start you can set a signature and the pic quality is amazing. My fav color is blue and that is the color of the phone. I have dropped it 3 times and it hasn't gotten a single scratch!!! AMAZING. The keyboard slides easily and is very easy to text on. This phone has gotten some bad reviews about how terrible the touch screen is, but if you go to the volume changing buttons on the side and click at the top on the button that says touchtone, and then set the volume to silent, then the touchscreen is amazing. and it works amazingly. I lovvvvvvvvve this phone and will defiantly be recommending this phone to my friends. thank you amazon this was a great buy and is a great relief from my old phone.

3.0 out of 5 stars Satisfactory performer, August 7, 2011
Allen Minton (Bethesda, Maryland) - See all my reviews
My wife and I have had these Xenon phones for two years now and neither of us have encountered any technical problems. It's not the latest and greatest, but performs adequately if you don't need or want the 4G bells and whistles. Good value for money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Inherent problem with the touch screen, September 22, 2011
Mine survived 3 months before the touch screen became unresponsive. When I Googled "LG Xenon GR500", the fourth auto-complete suggestion was "touchscreen not working." Apparently this is a well-known problem.
My first recommendation is to not buy this phone. If you have your heart set on it, choose carefully the merchant from whom you buy it. For example, "The OEM Shop" gives you 7 days to return it, and there is no manufacturer warranty on their phones.

4.0 out of 5 stars LG Xenon GR500 AT&T cell phone, February 28, 2011
I had a pantech duo c810 and I started having issues with it, like when I would call someone I could hear them but they couldn't hear me...I was told it had something to do with the microphone when I called pantech and that it would cost like $60 or so to fix, so I just decided to buy a new phone. I came across this phone on amazon. This phone is not unlocked but it works with AT&T and I have heard you can unlock it by looking for the code online supposedly. I like this phone because when you lock the screen the date and the time appear in large text/font when you hit a button to light up the screen when locked. The thing I don't like about it compared to my pantech is that you can't set it to where you enter your pin number every time you lock your phone. I have my pin set for when I turn this phone on and this is all I have been able to figure out with regards to using a pin # on this phone. So that's a downside that you can't lock this phone with a pin # all the time, just with a touch of a button. Also, I have found that if you text a lot the inbox gets full rather quickly so you have to delete your conversations daily like every other week or so depending on how much you text. I don't mind doing that but some of you might. The battery seems to be holding ok...but I have found that if you use a lot of the applications on this phone like going online, etc. it takes up a lot of the charge rather quickly, if that's the case and how you'll be using it I recommend you take your charger with you. I think I'm going to by an sd card for it in hopes it diverts that away from my battery's charge...I dunno if that will work or not but I think I'm going to give it a try anyway. Maybe it will help with the inbox texting issue...I dunno. Other then that I love this phone. The sound quality is nice and loud. For example, my grandmother who is hard of hearing could hear me on this phone! : D It has all that I need on it. it takes a while to get used to the touch screen aspect of it but you get used to it rather quickly...at least I did. I recommend you buy a screen protector for it as well as a hard snap on case when you purchase this phone all at the same time as you will come to find you need it. I recommend the hard snap on case because if you are a person like me who drops their phone a lot then it will protect it and this phone is so light the case adds a little bit more weight to it (not much) but just enough to where you feel more comfortable holding the phone and more comfortable to the point that you feel like you won't drop it as much. Also, you touch the screen to dial and such so that is why I recommend you getting a screen protector for it. This phone also comes with the 2 holes in it for a lanyard just so you guys know : ) Otherwise I would recommend this phone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, April 11, 2011
I originaly got this phnoe for my teenage daughter couple of years ago through the service provider. I'm very please with this product and that's why I ordered a replacement phone of the same model.