4.0 out of 5 stars very nice phone for price
Before I decide to buy this phone, I have read all the reviews. But I bought it because of the price. I just wanted to use it for calling and texting, and did not want to pay much for just phone and become slavery to contract.
Published 20 months ago by David

3.0 out of 5 stars Good affordable phone
Published on April 20, 2012 by SmartCookie

3.0 out of 5 stars Good affordable phone, April 20, 2012
This review is from: LG GT550 Encore Unlocked Phone with 3MP Camera, GPS, 3G Support and Touch Screen - US Warranty - Black (Wireless Phone Accessory)
My husband and I both have this phone. For a touch screen, it works pretty well. I like all the features and they are easy to use. The screen does play scroll crazy once in a while but I think that is typical for a touch screen. Battery life is pretty good, I plug it in every 2-3 days. I've had better but I've also had worse. I've dropped the phone a few times and it still works great, but it seems that it is designed to have the back pop off and the battery fall out if you even drop it from a couple inches above a surface. Sound has never been an issue, on speaker phone or otherwise. Not too many ringtones/alarms available but who really cares about that anyway? I'm not in love with this phone but I really don't have any complaints either.

4.0 out of 5 stars very nice phone for price, October 28, 2012
Mine is unlocked phone, and have no problem to use with T-Mobile. I have used it for 3 days so far. I have not experienced any problem that other guys mentioned on the reviews. Phone is enough small and light to put it in small pocket. Functions are simple and convenient to manipulate. Touch screen and calling quality is enough good. If you have a touch screen accuracy problem for texting, just recalibrate it. There is a recalibrate function on the device.
A couple of thing that I don't like is: 1) Camera does not provide enough good quality images. 2) It is not easy to control scrolling on touch screen. (I am not sure this is a device problem or mine). Except for these two problems, everything is ok. If you guys like to use internet on phone, you need to buy bigger and more expensive ones. If not, this phone is enough good.

4.0 out of 5 stars Exactly as advertised, June 20, 2012
Bought this for my child because I am not ready to pay for a smart phone. The texting is easy and they figured out the functions quickly and easily. Would recommend for parents that want a phone that is easy to text on, but don't want to pay for the smart phones.

1.0 out of 5 stars Battery won't charge, May 29, 2012
The LG GT550 cell phone supplied by Ross Cellular seems like a fine phone but the battery will not hold charge and I seem to have no way to get it replaced through Amazon or Ross.

3.0 out of 5 stars You get what ya pay for., February 26, 2012
Phone looks nice, came unlocked, slipped the old sim card in & it was ready to go. Bought it for my 14 yr old daughter, rather then upgrading to a 4g phone with monthly media fee plan. since she usses it, her opinion of it was texting was iffy, screen freezes alot and is slow to change. best bet is to stay away from this phone. Good camera on this phone though.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great Phone, But..., June 5, 2012
When I first bought this phone, I really liked it, the touchscreen works great, the camera is good, and it doesn't freeze. the only reason I gave it 2 stars is because the touchscreen keyboard isn't responsive and always types the wrong thing. It can be very annoying. I only recommend this phone to people who aren't frequent text-ers.

2.0 out of 5 stars no-go, July 15, 2012
I Only Had This Phone A Few Days And Am Totally Returning It. The Screen Freezes Constantly, It Is Slow To Load And Respond, It Goes Scroll Crazy, And I Get Multiple Copies Of Texts Constantly; 4-5 Copies. Sometimes The Copied Texts Would Come In All At Once, And Others They Would Come In Over A Span Of The Following Hour. Totally Displeased With This Phone.

1.0 out of 5 stars It doesn't work, March 27, 2012
Since arrival I can't make it work. I'm a international buyer so I have the phone since last monday. I put it to charge until the battery full signal appeared I tried to turn it on but never could. I went to the technician he said that the battery was ok and the problem it's in the phone but to find the problem would take 3 days. Very disappointing. I'll write an update this friday.

1.0 out of 5 stars The Internet will not work, July 8, 2012
This is a review of the product and not the seller. The seller has been more than responsive and best seller to work with.

The wifi will not work, you pay for the service and internet use, but this phone is not able to search the internet and will not work.... I know the price is not comparable to other smart phones, but I was expecting it to at least work with the functionalists that they say that the unit will have....

Not happy about the unit and wished I paid more and got better phone....

5.0 out of 5 stars Good purchase, June 1, 2012
Bought this for my 11 year old son and he loves it. So far no problems. He likes the no buttons feature.

Rate and Discover Movies