5.0 out of 5 stars Great Phone. Contract Free.
This phone is a great upgrade... Great package, great price. Better value to buy directly from Google.
Top Concern prior to buying this phone... I was worried about the battery comparing the N5 to its temolate G2. Battery has lasted me at least 16hrs every day (4hrs off full charge today and I at 93%).
It's got the specs. Literally everything is so smooth. When...
Published 4 months ago by Eduardo T. Rivera

3.0 out of 5 stars Fast and Updated
Published 2 months ago by MekMek

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Phone. Contract Free., November 27, 2013
This review is from: LG Google Nexus 5, Black 16GB (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)
It's got the specs. Literally everything is so smooth. When I intend on doing something, the phone handles it perfect. When I don't, the phone doesn't surpirse me. KitKat and this device is paired wonderfully.
Some concerns for others have been camera, but in my usage camera has been more than sufficient. The stock GUI is a little wonky, but if I care about my photos, I'll take my DSLR. If you want a phone for the camera, grab an HTC One.
Screen is beautiful. I didn't want a huge phone - the minimal bezels on the sides and on-screen buttons make this phone very easy to hold, even with a 5" screen.
It's soft in the hand. And I really like the subtlety of ceramic volume rocker and power button.
In DFW you pretty much have your choice of good-to-great service anywhere. Combining no contract service, my limited usage of minutes, and this phone makes it a no brainer value to me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great as 450$ phone, not good as a premium phone, November 22, 2013
This review is from: LG Google Nexus 5, Black 16GB (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)
Let me just say this up front. I don't like the fact that Sprint and all the other carriers are charging 450$ for a phone that Google on Google Play is charging 350$. This is another way for these cell phone companies to keep the consumer under their thumb. But, with that being said, the key word for me "price," and for the price I really do like the Nexus 5, although I do have a few complaints about it. Let me begin by saying that the white version of this phone and the black version are surprisingly distinct from each other. I had believed that the white and the black version were the same exact phone just like every other black/white variation of every phone. But they aren't. First, they come in different looking boxes. Just something that I'd thought i'd share. Secondly, the earpiece (where the ear is when taking a call) on the white version is white while the black one blends into the black borders of the phone. Moreover, the white Nexus 5 is glossy around the sides whereas the black Nexus 5 has dull black sides, Something to think about if one really cares about fingerprints on their phone (personally, I like the white version). Now with that out of the way, the things that I do like about this phone is that it is very snappy and quick when swiping and bringing up applications, more so than some of the better spec phones such as the Note 3. Another thing I like about the phone is it is light but it doesn't feel cheap. It has a build that feels good in your hands. And, the resolution on the screen is pretty damn good. I am pretty impressed by the definition and detail when looking at the screen, and colors look great. Now that's good news, but here is the bad news. One of the first things that I've noticed when using the Nexus 5 is that the speaker is pretty weak. It is not loud at all, and at full blast I couldn't hear the person on the other line when I was out in public. Another thing that this phone is not good at doing is staying alive. What I mean by this is that on one full charge, the phone will last about 4 to 5 hours max with regular usage. If I don't use the phone much I may get a few more hours of standby time. This bothered me because I need my phone throughout the day and I'm not always near an outlet, plus there's no way to open the phone and throw in a replacement battery. So, that definitely is a large negative for me. Finally, another weak point on this phone is the camera. Although the phone has a decent 8 mega pixel camera, the pictures I take in good light are not of great quality. The pictures seem to be not of the right colors and it seems to dull the light out a bit. Furthermore, I can't take rapid fire pictures as each successive picture taken requires a about 2-3 second delay between each other. But, the camera is surprisingly good at taking low light pictures. As a matter of fact, the Nexus 5 camera in low light is better than some of the more premium phones with better cameras. This is something that I really enjoy about the Nexus 5's camera. Overall, if I was to rate this phone as a regular priced phone, (650-750$) or 200$ with a 2 year contract, I would probably give it 3 stars due to all the flaws (camera, speaker , battery life) the phone has. But, for a 450$ phone or 50$ on a 2 year contract, this phone is exceptional. It is exceptional because it functions very well as a smart phone (the touch screen is very quick and responsive and on 4G the internet is quick) and it has great screen resolution. Personally I bought this phone outright for 450$ and I am happy with it. But, I think I wouldn't be as happy if I paid 700$ for it.

4.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, but might need to contact Sprint to help activate. Also verify you plan is correct., November 14, 2013
This review is from: LG Google Nexus 5, Black 16GB (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)
This phone is an upgrade from a Galaxy S2 so I expected it to be a significant change as far as capability which it most certainly is. I've only had it for a day and a half so i really can't judge battery life yet which is a concern going to a fixed battery phone, but speed and performance is great. Sprint LTE in my area is decent so streaming full 1080 over the wireless network is good although it's not something I plan on doing often, but it is a good test for both the phone and network. Sprint is scheduled to start what they call SPARC next year which will use all three bands for data simultaneously which I am eager to try. There is very little Sprint Bloatware installed which was nice to see, but there is some. I also had to take the phone into a Sprint store to get it activated. I could have called customer service most likely, but the store was just down the block. One other thing to note was that when I ordered the phone through Amazon I changed my plan to the new all data for life, but when I took it into the store was told I still had my old plan. The service guy at the store changed it for me.
This was one of the three options I was looking at for an upgrade. The other two were LG-G2 and the Moto-X. A friend has the Moto-X and is happy as has some nice value added like the trusted zones which I really wish this phone had, but I am still very happy with my choice. The screen is definitely not an OLED as the blacks are not totally black and the colors can seen a bit washed out. For the price point of the off contract phone something had to give and it was the choice in screen. I don't mind it at all as I use the phone as a communication and productivity device mainly and I'd much rather have more computing power than a perfect screen. Also some reviews I've seen have disliked the camera. The camera is fine, but is slow to get into action/focus. I understand that this will be addressed in a software update in the future. I mainly use the a camera phone for documenting things as opposed to getting the perfect shot. I have a bunch of DSLR equipment for that. So far I am very pleased with the phone, but it has only been a few days. I'm giving it 4/5 due to the screen and camera not being perfect, but would not hesitate to make the same choice again at this time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Black gold, December 18, 2013
This review is from: LG Google Nexus 5, Black 16GB (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)
I bought mine thru Sprint's upgrade program since I get an employee discount on the monthly charges via a friend. The initial setup at the Campus Sprint store took a while as it had to update the OS to Kit Kat- apparently out of the box. Since then I have gotten a couple Kit Kat updates from Google. One of them supposedly fixed the camera lag issue. I am not a big user of phone cameras, but the few I have taken look good, and the camera software and functions are idiot proof. I also dig having the camera available from the lock screen, and that you can scroll thru pics and back to the live camera with ease. Phone build quality is tight, and the case I bought separately on Amazon fits well, although the power button can be a little difficult to use at first, and some USB chargers do not fit snug with it. No fault of the phone itself. The battery seemed to drain faster for the first week or so, but that was most likely from me playing around with it a lot, or perhaps the phone battery or software itself adapting to my usage? The only gripe I have is the new phone dialing screen in Kit Kat makes it easy to dial a number by mistake while scrolling thru call history, But this is more user error than anything. SD card option and replaceable battery would be nice, but are not deal killers in my book. The speakers are adequate and call quality seems good. (There is only one speaker for the speakerphone on the bottom, the other is the mic.)
By far the main reason to buy this phone is the automatic software updates from Google mean this phone's Android software will stay up to date, and it comes with zero provider phone company bloatware.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great phone and feels premium despite price tag, February 26, 2014
This review is from: LG Google Nexus 5, Black 16GB (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)
My wife and I got these phones as part of the Cyber Monday promotions and have not looked back. Our previous phones were Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch through Sprint. The service was horrible on those phones so I spent a lot of time researching whether it was the phones or the service. Turns out when Sprint switched to 4G LTE, the neglected everything 4G so we were stuck with 3G and roaming (mostly roaming) despite living in Oklahoma City (not the surrounding suburb, the city). We didn't want to let go of our Unlimited Data Plans so we stuck with Sprint for one last go and we could not have chosen a better phone to maximize everything around us. The processor is super fast, graphics are crystal clear, the Spark means I have had amazing speed away from the wifi in my house.

The 2 issues we have had with it are as follows:
- When turning off the screen, about half the time it takes at least 15 seconds to get the screen to turn back on.
- The battery is pretty small compared to similar style phones, but since there is no "bloatware" I have hardly noticed a difference from previous battery sizes to this one. I will say that getting a Task Killer app and setting it to close all applications regularly and setting its "Kill Level" at the highest level really does help extend the battery life.

Overall, I'm very happy with this phone. It took me a while to get used to some of the customization, taking for granted that "full" texting and voicemail apps are not initially installed, but I don't even think about the new apps I now have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, February 17, 2014
This review is from: LG Google Nexus 5, Black 16GB (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)
I would kinda consider myself a power user. I haven't had any issues with this Nexus phone. Once you go to a nexus phone you wont want to go back to a normal android phone with a bunch of bloatware again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fast and Updated, February 10, 2014
This review is from: LG Google Nexus 5, Black 16GB (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)
I like that this is a google phone and will always get all the updates. I like that it is offered at a low cost by google. I dont like the limited internal memory and I thought the screen was a bit weak. The phone feels semi cheap in your hands and it is a very vanilla android experience. I like that but it gets old after a little while, forcing you to do all the customization yourself. The camera isnt anything special. Overall I would not waste a two year upgrade on this phone, since it is already cheap enough to purchase on its own.

5.0 out of 5 stars wow!, January 3, 2014
This review is from: LG Google Nexus 5, Black 16GB (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)
Scary smart! Love it! Very happy I chose this over the iPhone. Love the camera. Great pics. Very durable too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Custom ROM are coming, December 12, 2013
This review is from: LG Google Nexus 5, Black 16GB (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)
Price and specs it's unbeatable. The phone is unlocked as well as open to have it's bootloader played with.As well as updates directly from Google.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nexus...Best bang for your buck..., November 8, 2013
This review is from: LG Google Nexus 5, Black 16GB (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)
Google's newest flagship device. Great investment/purchase. Picked it up for $50, compared to $199 & above for newly released flagship devices.

I always seem to gravitate to Nexus device over all.

ARRAY(0xb02ab078)