4.0 out of 5 stars Jingle your clothes dry in style!
I bought this dryer with the matching LG : WM2050CW 27in Front Load Washer, 4.0 cu. ft. Capacity - White washer (see my LG WM2050CW washer review). This is our first electric dryer from LG and we are happy to say that just like the matching pair of washing machine LG WM2050CW the DLE2050W 7.1 cu ft capacity electric Dryer is an excellent dryer appliance!

It is...
Published on June 7, 2010 by rbhatta

2.0 out of 5 stars Wrinkles like crazy!
I've had this dryer for about 10 months. Bought it with the matching LG Washer.

Let me first say that the dryer is very efficient and drys very quickly. The washer does a great job, as well.

Published on September 23, 2010 by J. Duggins

4.0 out of 5 stars Jingle your clothes dry in style!, June 7, 2010
This review is from: LG Home Applaince DLE2050W - 7.3 CF FRONT CTRL SILVER DR TR (Kitchen)

It is very easy to operate and has sensors (Sensor Dry System) and automatically adjusts the drying time for clothes which in my humble opinion eliminates the guess work one needs to do with respect to drying times for clothes. This saves a lot of money in electricity bills.

It has manual controls for timed drying cycles if you are not happy with the sensor based drying cycle. It boasts 5 Temperature Levels of High, Medium High, Medium, Low & Ultra Low and also another Wrinkle Care Cycle to Periodically tumble-dry clothes without heat to reduce wrinkles.

Product dimensions are (WxHxD) 27"x38 3/4"x30" (51" with door open) The machine is very well built and made in Korea and in my opinion should last many years!

PROS

[+] 7.1 Cu ft is large enough for most households
[+] Reasonably quick drying time (40-45 mins) for regular load of clothes
[+] Plethora of automated options for desired fabric care
[+] User friendly control panel which also has child lock
[+] Fairly large lint screen filter to capture lint.
[+] We like the musical jingle at the end of a cycle rather than a loud buzzer!

CONS

[-] Needs 3-wire (30AMP) 220V AC power cord to be purchased extra
[-] Needs a semi-rigid dryer duct to be purchased extra depending on installation location
[-] Does not include stand for drying shoes

Make sure that you level the Dryer properly for optimal operation, the included feet leveling screws may need tweaking to match the washing machine's height level.

If you have already bought the excellent energy saving washing machine model LG : WM2050CW 27in Front Load Washer, 4.0 cu. ft. Capacity - White add this to complete your laundry pair - Highly recommended!

2.0 out of 5 stars Wrinkles like crazy!, September 23, 2010
I've had this dryer for about 10 months. Bought it with the matching LG Washer.

However, I am having major wrinkle issues. My clothes come out of this dryer looking awful! I'm not exaggerating. My 12 year old Kenmore was better. I've spoke with LG and even had a tech come out. Everything seems to be working fine. They tell me i have to shake out the clothes which we do. That doesn't solve the problem. I'm just real disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best dryer ever!, November 6, 2010
This dryer is everything I could have hoped for. This is my first set of front loaders and I am just in love with them! The dryer takes hardly any time at all to dry the clothes. It usually dries them in 59 minutes or less compared to my old dryer that took 80 pluss minutes to dry! This dryer also dried my huge comforter in 40 minutes! And I love the cute little tune it does when the cycle is complete. Also, I love that it has a child lock on it so that my kids can't change any of the settings while the cycle is running. Great dryer with great features. I would recomend this dryer to anyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars Such luxury!, December 19, 2012
This is so intuitive to use for basic needs. I'm sure there are all sorts of features I'm not making the most of, but it works great as I'm using it too! My favorite feature is the sensor that adjusts the time to dry until the clothes are dry. No more timed dry for me! No more scorching hot clothes, or wet messes, it comes out perfect. Big enough to handle blankets and large loads.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing dryer, August 23, 2010
We bought this dryer to match our LG front-loader washer. We have them stacked to maximize space in our small apartment. This dryer works like a charm. It dries loads quickly, and is very quiet. My only complaint is that they can not make the dryer as energy efficient as the washer.

1.0 out of 5 stars Warning: Don't buy any LG appliances., December 12, 2010
Warning: Don't buy any LG appliances. They are unreliable and customer service is beyond aweful, and they do not have many repair places to service your appliance if it breaks down, which my washer and dryer has several times. I paid over $4,000 5 years ago for my set. That is a lot of money. I will go back to Maytag or Whirlpool. They never break down.

There are even websites dedicated to customers who have had a bad experience with LG products. Yikes!

I will never buy any LG products again. When you call their customer service they really don't care either. Hope this helps anyone researching a washer and dryer.

Rate and Discover Movies