- Free 60-Day Tech Support: This item is eligible for FREE Tech Support for 60 days from the date of delivery. Over the phone, our trained technicians can help you set up, configure, connect, and troubleshoot so you can start enjoying your new purchase. Owners of qualifying products can reach Tech Support by selecting your product on the Contact Us page. Learn more
LG Infinia 50PZ950 50-Inch 1080p 600 Hz Active 3D THX Certified Plasma HDTV with TruBlack Filter and Smart TV
Want professional installation of this product?
- Handpicked pros
- Compare estimates and reviews
- Buy directly on Amazon
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Bring your content alive with full 1080p HD 3D technology
- THX 3D Display certified ensuring you're bringing an uncompromised 3D HD experience home
- Smart TV allows you to access limitless content, thousands of movies, customizable apps, videos and the best of the web all organized in a simple to use interface
- LG's TruBlack Filter helps block glare while boosting images on the screen to improve picture quality and contrast ratio
- Incredibly high contrast ratio of 10,000,000:1 delivers incredibly vibrant colors and deeper and darker blacks
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
- Brand Name: LG
- Model Number: 50PZ950
- Display Technology: plasma
- Display Size: 127 centimeters
- Image Aspect Ratio: 16:09
3D Technology Checklist
This product is 3D-related. To help you get a great 3D experience, use the checklist below to ensure you have everything you need. 3D viewing requires:
|A Display |
First, you'll need a 3D-ready display--whether it's a 3D HDTV, 3D projector, or 3D computer monitor. These displays have more processing power than standard 2D models for displaying 3D images in rapid succession.
|A Source |
Your display may be ready for 3D playback, but you'll still need a device to read 3D content. This can be a cable box with a subscription to a 3D channel, a 3D Blu-ray Disc player, or a PlayStation 3 system.
|3D Content |
3D content--the actual entertainment, in other words--will be played back using the source mentioned above, whether it's a 3D broadcast from your cable provider, a 3D Blu-ray Disc, or a 3D video game.
|3D Glasses |
For now, the vast majority of 3D HDTVs require glasses for 3D viewing. Many use powered "active shutter" glasses, others polarized "passive" glasses. You'll need one pair per viewer, and they'll have to be compatible with your display, whether they're the same brand, or a pair of "universal" glasses designed to work across brands.
|HDMI Cable |
To connect your source (such as a 3D Blu-ray Disc player) to your display, you'll need a high-speed HDMI cable. Cables with this designation feature bandwidth speeds up to 10.2 Gbps (gigabits per second), for carrying the 3D signal without any loss of quality.
If you want to get more information about 3D, shop our 3D products, watch videos, or interact with other customers, we invite you to visit 3D 101, our customer center about everything 3D.
Internet-ready TVs use your broadband connection to deliver dynamic content, whether it's streaming video from Netflix, new music or a quick glance at today's weather forecast.
Although there is overlap, each manufacturer offers a unique bundle of free or paid services, including streaming video and music, social networking apps, online photo galleries, news and financial updates, weather info, sports scores, and a variety of other smartphone-like applications.
Manufacturers continue to add new content to their offerings, keeping customers current through firmware updates, and making a bit of research a prudent step in your buying decision.
Learn more about Internet TVs, how they work, what services are offered by different manufacturers, and exactly what you'll need to get started at our Internet TV 101 customer center.
LG PZ950 3D 1080p Plasma TVLG Infinia PZ950 1080p active 3D TV features THX 3D Display certification ensuring you're bringing an uncompromised 3D HD experience home. Enjoy deeper blacks levels with theTruBlack filter. In addition to your cable TV, stream video from services like Netflix, Vudu and the best of the web all organized in simple to use interface. The Magic Motion remote is easy to use, with intuitive point-and-click control and just five buttons. LG's 2D-to-3D conversion feature can turn everything from cinema classics to sports to your TV favorites into larger-than-life 3D. Enjoy a vast array of entertainment like HD movies, HDTV shows and more—all on an incredibly slim design TV.
We put all your LG Smart TV entertainment—from apps to streaming video to live TV—all in one place, and just how you want it.
ACCESS UNLIMITED CONTENT FROM:
- DivX TV
- Google Maps
- amazone video on demand
- The third dimension.
- Bring your content to life with full 1080p HD 3D technology! The astonishing effects will immediately grab your attention and bring your entertainment experience to the next dimension.**
- THX Certified.
- You don't have to take our word for it that this is an amazing TV. To earn THX 3D Display certification, our TVs passed more than 30 rigorous tests, ensuring you're bringing an uncompromised 3D HD experience home—just like the director wanted it.
- Cut loose when you're Wi-Fi Ready.
- Getting your LG TV connected to NetCast Entertainment Access and other online content is easy when you are Wi-Fi Ready. If you have existing wireless broadband, setting it up is simple and you don't need to worry about messy wires.
- Double the detail.
- This stunning picture is the reason you wanted HDTV in the first place. With almost double the pixel resolution, Full HD 1080p gives it superior picture quality over standard HDTV. You'll see details and colors like never before.
- Make digital devices compatible.
- To build a digital network, you need digital devices. That's obvious. But unless those devices are compatible, it won't be much of a network. DLNA Certified devices work together.
- Save more than energy.
- Earning the ENERGY STAR means a product meets strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the US Environmental Protection Agency and the Department of Energy. For TVs, it means they save energy both in standby and active (when they're on) modes. ENERGY STAR qualified TVs use about 30% less energy than standard units.
- Find the perfect picture.
- Get easy self–calibration with on–screen reference points for key picture quality elements such as black level, color, tint, sharpness and backlight levels. Take the guesswork out of picture adjustments with this simple–to–use feature. It's not actually magic, but it will sure seem that way.
- View it in the right light.
- Let your TV do the adjustments for you. Intelligent Sensor automatically optimizes the picture to the lighting and color conditions in the room for a more enjoyable viewing experience.
- Wise and not wasteful.
- With our Smart Energy Saving Features, you can conserve money and energy.
- ISFccc ready.
- LG's ISFccc Ready HDTVs contain the detailed standards necessary for professional calibration of brightness, contrast, tint, sharpness, color levels and much more to meet local lighting conditions for both daytime and nighttime viewing. Settings are added to preset modes for easy access from your LG remote.
* Wireless Internet connection & certain subscriptions required and sold separately. The Magic Motion Remote does not come equipped with all LG Smart TV enabled products and a separate purchase may be required. The Hulu Plus service is projected to be available via a firmware update in June 2011. The LG web browser does not support Flash 10 or HTML 5, therefore, access to certain web content may be limited or unavailable. Content & services vary by product and are subject to change without notice.
Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. All rights reserved.
** For a small percentage of the population, the viewing of stereoscopic 3D video technology may cause discomfort such as headaches, dizziness or nausea. If you experience any symptoms, discontinue using the 3D functionality and contact your health care provider. 3D glasses required and sold separately.
LG 2011 Plasma Feature Comparison
|High Definition Resolution|| |
|LG Smart TV/NetCast|| |
LG Smart TV
LG Smart TV
|TruBlack Filter|| |
|THX 3D Certified Display|| || |
|600Hz Max Sub Field Driving/600Hz Sub Field Driving|| |
|Contrast Ratio|| |
|Magic Motion Remote|| || |
|Wi-Fi Ready|| || || |
|DLNA Certified|| || || |
|3D Ready|| || || || |
|2D to 3D Conversion|| || || || |
|TruSlim Frame|| || || || || || |
|ENERGY STAR Qualified|| || || || || || |
|Intelligent Sensor|| || || || || || |
|Picture Wizard II|| || || || || || |
|Smart Energy Saving|| || || || || || |
|ISFccc Ready|| || || || || || |
Top Customer Reviews
first, some background:
CONTEXT & SKILL-SET: we're a 1 TV household, averaging around 20 hours a week. we use the set for TV and DVD's only; no gaming. we were replacing a wonderfully dependable but huge, 10 year-old samsung tube toad. we did a lot of research before buying the lg 50PZ950, but we're not particularly knowledgeable about A/V stuff in general. why tell you all this? because it's important to know any reviewer's knowledge base (low-middling in our case) and context (moving from a CRT to a flatscreen). our perspective may not be relevant to all readers.
WHY PLASMA: lack of motion blur for sports makes my husband happy, and the rich, immersive movie experience at night makes me happy. our only experience with LCD is our imac, and while watching movies on the mac is great (vivid and sharp) it doesn't provide the rich, deep, "pull you in" sense that plasma does. IMO, anyway.
WHY 3D: frankly, we didn't really care about 3D, but thought it might be fun once in a while, so why not?
WHY THE INFINIA: like a lot of people in our price range (~$1,600) we started out choosing between the panasonic & the samsung. based on consumerreports.org reviews for last year's models, we included the lg infinia as well. all three were highly rated; all within 1 point of each other. plus the advance word from the 2011 CES was very encouraging. we were pretty confident we wouldn't be making a mistake with any one of the 3 brands.Read more ›
The apps and media share are great features. The UI in the home screen is very easy to navigate. Setting up wireless connection was also very easy. Everything just kind of worked right out of the box. Integrated Netflix and YouTube is a nice touch, not to mention all the other apps for your social networking. I don't know how much I'll use that stuff since it's way easier just to check those things on a computer really quick, but the option of being able to do it on your TV is nice. The web browser is ok, definitely not going replace your laptop or PC but good enough if you don't want to get up and go to your other tech to look something up or post an update.
I am very pleased with this purchase. I may just be in the honeymoon phase but it is definitely a lot more than I expected. Cheers to LG for a great TV at a very reasonable price.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This item has been a good purchase however it does not work well with Hula Plus. There are long delays between the commercial breaks and continuation of the movie being watched. Read morePublished 16 months ago by Nathaniel M. Jones
bought this 60 inch plasma over a year ago and I still love it. The picture quality is awesome and I love the app features specially the MLB app. Read morePublished on February 6, 2014 by Ramon G
The first TV came with a 3" scratch on the glass, under the protective wrapping. Must have happened at the factory and was not pick up by quality control. Read morePublished on January 6, 2013 by Ron F. Spector
I haven't purchased a Smart tv from Samsung or any of the other competitors so I can only convey my experience with LG and this television. Read morePublished on September 24, 2012 by Zardoz
If you don't upgrade the software when its time, it comes up on the screen, you will have all kind of trouble. The TV will go black or turn off and all kinds of crazy things. Read morePublished on September 22, 2012 by Jon K. Glitzenstein
I HAVE HAD THIS TV FOR 6 MONTHS AND HAVE NEVER BEEN MORE PLEASED AS THE COLORS AND PICTURE ARE CRISP AND CLEAR. I CANT SEE HOW THEY CAN IMPROVE THIS TOP OF THE LINE SET. Read morePublished on August 23, 2012 by GG
Crisp and clear picture, ridiculous blacks, a smart dimmer that actually works. Of my 3 large tvs, one Vizio, one Samsung and this LG, this has the best picture, and thats all i... Read morePublished on May 28, 2012 by Matt Murdoch
I've been using/watching this TV for a couple of months now and I am very pleased with its outstanding picture, excellent HD and THX capabilities including great surround sound... Read morePublished on May 23, 2012 by Richard L.
I went into Best Buy and saw this TV and I was impressed. I did some research when I went home. Cnet did not give it the best review and found that the blacks were inferior to... Read morePublished on May 23, 2012 by Douglas Sutherland