3D Technology Checklist
This product is 3D-related. To help you get a great 3D experience, use the checklist below to ensure you have everything you need. 3D viewing requires:
| ||A Display |
First, you'll need a 3D-ready display--whether it's a 3D HDTV, 3D projector, or 3D computer monitor. These displays have more processing power than standard 2D models for displaying 3D images in rapid succession.
| ||A Source |
Your display may be ready for 3D playback, but you'll still need a device to read 3D content. This can be a cable box with a subscription to a 3D channel, a 3D Blu-ray Disc player, or a PlayStation 3 system.
| ||3D Content |
3D content--the actual entertainment, in other words--will be played back using the source mentioned above, whether it's a 3D broadcast from your cable provider, a 3D Blu-ray Disc, or a 3D video game.
| ||3D Glasses |
For now, the vast majority of 3D HDTVs require glasses for 3D viewing. Many use powered "active shutter" glasses, others polarized "passive" glasses. You'll need one pair per viewer, and they'll have to be compatible with your display, whether they're the same brand, or a pair of "universal" glasses designed to work across brands.
| ||HDMI Cable |
To connect your source (such as a 3D Blu-ray Disc player) to your display, you'll need a high-speed HDMI cable. Cables with this designation feature bandwidth speeds up to 10.2 Gbps (gigabits per second), for carrying the 3D signal without any loss of quality.
If you want to get more information about 3D, shop our 3D products, watch videos, or interact with other customers, we invite you to visit 3D 101, our customer center about everything 3D.
Internet-ready TVs use your broadband connection to deliver dynamic content, whether it's streaming video from Netflix, new music or a quick glance at today's weather forecast.
Although there is overlap, each manufacturer offers a unique bundle of free or paid services, including streaming video and music, social networking apps, online photo galleries, news and financial updates, weather info, sports scores, and a variety of other smartphone-like applications.
Manufacturers continue to add new content to their offerings, keeping customers current through firmware updates, and making a bit of research a prudent step in your buying decision.
Learn more about Internet TVs, how they work, what services are offered by different manufacturers, and exactly what you'll need to get started at our Internet TV 101 customer center.
LG PZ950 3D 1080p Plasma TV LG Infinia PZ950 1080p active 3D TV features THX 3D Display certification ensuring you're bringing an uncompromised 3D HD experience home. Enjoy deeper blacks levels with theTruBlack filter. In addition to your cable TV, stream video from services like Netflix, Vudu and the best of the web all organized in simple to use interface. The Magic Motion remote is easy to use, with intuitive point-and-click control and just five buttons. LG's 2D-to-3D conversion feature can turn everything from cinema classics to sports to your TV favorites into larger-than-life 3D. Enjoy a vast array of entertainment like HD movies, HDTV shows and more—all on an incredibly slim design TV.
We put all your LG Smart TV entertainment—from apps to streaming video to live TV—all in one place, and just how you want it.
ACCESS UNLIMITED CONTENT FROM:
- DivX TV
- Google Maps
- amazone video on demand
- The third dimension.
- Bring your content to life with full 1080p HD 3D technology! The astonishing effects will immediately grab your attention and bring your entertainment experience to the next dimension.**
- THX Certified.
- You don't have to take our word for it that this is an amazing TV. To earn THX 3D Display certification, our TVs passed more than 30 rigorous tests, ensuring you're bringing an uncompromised 3D HD experience home—just like the director wanted it.
- Cut loose when you're Wi-Fi Ready.
- Getting your LG TV connected to NetCast Entertainment Access and other online content is easy when you are Wi-Fi Ready. If you have existing wireless broadband, setting it up is simple and you don't need to worry about messy wires.
- Double the detail.
- This stunning picture is the reason you wanted HDTV in the first place. With almost double the pixel resolution, Full HD 1080p gives it superior picture quality over standard HDTV. You'll see details and colors like never before.
- Make digital devices compatible.
- To build a digital network, you need digital devices. That's obvious. But unless those devices are compatible, it won't be much of a network. DLNA Certified devices work together.
- Save more than energy.
- Earning the ENERGY STAR means a product meets strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the US Environmental Protection Agency and the Department of Energy. For TVs, it means they save energy both in standby and active (when they're on) modes. ENERGY STAR qualified TVs use about 30% less energy than standard units.
- Find the perfect picture.
- Get easy self–calibration with on–screen reference points for key picture quality elements such as black level, color, tint, sharpness and backlight levels. Take the guesswork out of picture adjustments with this simple–to–use feature. It's not actually magic, but it will sure seem that way.
- View it in the right light.
- Let your TV do the adjustments for you. Intelligent Sensor automatically optimizes the picture to the lighting and color conditions in the room for a more enjoyable viewing experience.
- Wise and not wasteful.
- With our Smart Energy Saving Features, you can conserve money and energy.
- ISFccc ready.
- LG's ISFccc Ready HDTVs contain the detailed standards necessary for professional calibration of brightness, contrast, tint, sharpness, color levels and much more to meet local lighting conditions for both daytime and nighttime viewing. Settings are added to preset modes for easy access from your LG remote.
* Wireless Internet connection & certain subscriptions required and sold separately. The Magic Motion Remote does not come equipped with all LG Smart TV enabled products and a separate purchase may be required. The Hulu Plus service is projected to be available via a firmware update in June 2011. The LG web browser does not support Flash 10 or HTML 5, therefore, access to certain web content may be limited or unavailable. Content & services vary by product and are subject to change without notice.
Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. All rights reserved.
** For a small percentage of the population, the viewing of stereoscopic 3D video technology may cause discomfort such as headaches, dizziness or nausea. If you experience any symptoms, discontinue using the 3D functionality and contact your health care provider. 3D glasses required and sold separately.
LG 2011 Plasma Feature Comparison
|Series || |
|Models: || || || || || || |
|High Definition Resolution || |
|LG Smart TV/NetCast || |
LG Smart TV
LG Smart TV
| || || |
|TruBlack Filter || || || || || || |
|THX 3D Certified Display || || || || || || |
|600Hz Max Sub Field Driving/600Hz Sub Field Driving || |
| 600Hz || 600Hz Max || 600Hz |
|Contrast Ratio || |
|Magic Motion Remote || || || || || || |
|Wi-Fi Ready || || || || || || |
|DLNA Certified || || || || || || |
|3D Ready || || || || || || |
|2D to 3D Conversion || || || || || || |
|TruSlim Frame || || || || || || |
|ENERGY STAR Qualified || || || || || || |
|Intelligent Sensor || || || || || || |
|Picture Wizard II || || || || || || |
|Smart Energy Saving || || || || || || |
|ISFccc Ready || || || || || || |
|HDMI/USB || |
LG Electronics INFINIA 50PZ950 50" 3D 1080p Plasma TV - 16:9 - HDTV 1080p - 600 Hz 50PZ950 Plasma Displays & TVs